MultiShortcut Plugin (Uavailable) in DWHD skin (1 Viewer)

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Country flag
    This is not the purpose of this plugin.
    At the begining, this plugin was made to manage shortcuts.
    If I remember correctly, there is another (old) plugin made for launch programs.
    Then, better would be to see what can be done with this launch programs plugin instead of completly redo MultiShortcut plugin, IMHO.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    If I remember correctly, there is another (old) plugin made for launch programs.
    I have never seen this but recently MP2 has reworked its Launcher plugin and have/will include it as an integral part of the install (same as Online Videos etc.) The MP2 Launcher is user friendly and programs can be easily added from the Home GUI. I have already raised a request for the same for MP1 in the Team Forum but for the moment and who knows how long in the future the only alternative with "launch" capability in MP1 is MultiShortcut.

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Country flag
    I have never seen this
    What about this ?
    but recently MP2 has reworked its Launcher plugin and have/will include it as an integral part of the install (same as Online Videos etc.) The MP2 Launcher is user friendly and programs can be easily added from the Home GUI. I have already raised a request for the same for MP1 in the Team Forum but for the moment and who knows how long in the future the only alternative with "launch" capability in MP1 is MultiShortcut.
    Then, if MP2 have it !
    MP2 will not be for me (because of wake up drivers problems and others...).
    What you have to know for MultiShortcut is that it's not only a shortcuts plugin.
    10 years ago I worked with someone asked me something (I think SilentException) and since that, MultiShortcut is also used to make communication between differents plugins available.
    I don't want to destroy that or make a bad side effect by redo the plugin.
    Finally, it should not be a plugin to be reworked for it works with basichome.
    I gave the way (.xml) where all informations are available for basichome.
    Then, I don't know how it works with skins but maybe, basichome editor can be adapted for ?

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    What about this ?
    Thanks I will take a look.
    Then, if MP2 have it !
    MP2 will not be for me (because of wake up drivers problems and others...).
    MP2 is not for me either, well not till they at least integrate Madvr/Frame Packed 3D.
    I don't want to destroy that or make a bad side effect by redo the plugin.
    Absolutely, no pressure on you or the plugin, it is doing what I want it to, it would be nice if the skin developers can integrate it better but whether they do or not I'm happy with where I am with it.:)
    As you say the way to go would be a new or reworked launcher plugin.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Good news ... Then, if necessary, it will be possible to assemble under 1.24 ...
    Looks like it will be necessary to assemble it for 1.24. Tried it and got a dependency error on install see attached screenshot.

Myprog.jpg

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Country flag
    Tried it and got a dependency error on install see attached screenshot.
    This is the configuration of the package itself, it is likely that if you pull the library out of the package, it will work. :)

Users who are viewing this thread