Music Info (Bios, fanart, thumbs, cdart ...) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Oddly Bryan Adams though is not actually on allmusic.com so we have never been able to grab a bio for him. You can get English, Hungarian and French bio from the audiodb.com though so he should be showing up now
    That´s correct - I do have the info automatically grabbed - they are shown in NowPlaying (at least in my skins) ;)
    And I totally forgot that the grabbing via context menu is MP core function - sorry to bother you with that issue ;)

tony3ridge

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Can anyone help?, It appears that there is no fanart or Artist information on "Iron Maiden", but I do get Album information,seems odd

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Can anyone help?, It appears that there is no fanart or Artist information on "Iron Maiden", but I do get Album information,seems odd

This can't be matched automatically with the current logic.
    If you go to theaudiodb.com and search for Iron Maiden you get two bands.
    This code can not currently deal with multiple matches as it does not know which one to pick.

If you have albumifo then this must have been grabbed previously

tony3ridge

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2012
    Home Country

This can't be matched automatically with the current logic.
    If you go to theaudiodb.com and search for Iron Maiden you get two bands.
    This code can not currently deal with multiple matches as it does not know which one to pick.

If you have albumifo then this must have been grabbed previously

Thanks for the quick reply, I did see multiple matches for Iron Maiden.This small inconvience won't ruin what is a great plugin.Keep up the good work(y)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It would be nice if when you encounter multiple artist matches it grabs the album name then checks which of the muti match artists have that album. if there is still more than one match it ?picks the most popular one?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Well if this is a wishing well I'd like to drop this in:

https://acoustid.org/login?return_url=http://acoustid.org/api-key

Open Source Acoustic ID fingerprinting to identify audio tracks :)

Frequently Asked Questions

What is the purpose of this project?

There are several companies that provide audio identification services. Unfortunately, so far there was none of them published the fingerprint database and/or the source code for the server architecture. This project started as an experiment to implement a large-scale and fully open source audio fingerprinting solution, that can be used by other open source software without depending on proprietary software. The primary focus is on integration with the MusicBrainz music metadata database. There is a long way to go to reach the goal, but you can help by submitting more fingerprints, helping developing the software or just spreading the word.
    Can the service identify short audio snippets?

No, it can't. The service has been designed for identifying full audio files. We would like to eventually support also this use case, but it's not a priority at the moment. Note that even when this will be implemented, it will be still intended for matching the original audio (e.g. for the purpose of tracklisting a long audio stream), not audio with background noise recorded on a phone.
    Why do I need to log in to submit fingerprints?

We want to be able to track fingerprint submission for statistical and data quality reasons. If every user has an unique API key, we can generate list of top contributors and similar statistics. Additionally, if we need to do some data cleanup, it's much easier to do if we know the source of the data. You can use any OpenID provider to log in or you can use your existing MusicBrainz user account.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    afaik, album art yes. discart and cdart, no not yetunless you manually rename the files.

re: fanart i think so if you read the whole thread there are details on this.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom