Not open for further replies.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I was travelling too much in the last weeks.
    Hope to find some time now.
    I will keep you posted.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Quick Update:

I can confirm that ASIO playback is failing on end of playlist.
    I see it only randomly however and haven't figured out yet why it is happening.
    It is caused when stopping the ASIO device. need further tests

horned_reaper

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 7, 2011
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hwahrmann, thank you very much for your efforts! Great idea to implement all features of Pure Audio and WASAPI directly into MediaPortal. Especially ReplayGain is a very useful function.

MyRadio seems not to be working with the test environment. MediaPortal crashes when I start any radio channel.
    Upmixing was not working in my environment, too.
    WASAPI runs fine. With ASIO the device seems to be more often blocked than with MediaPortal 1.2.3.
    For WASAPI I had to set the sample rate to 44KHz. Otherwise the sound was played to fast.

My environment:
    - Windows 7 SP1 x64
    - Realtek AC97 sound card
    - ASIO4All

kjarrig

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Iceland Iceland
    After upgrading to MP 1.3 Beta I ran into one problem. If I'm playing a video, stop the video, go to the music section and start playing a song, the volume is always at maximum, I've to lower the volume right after the music starts. I did check the volume before I played the song, and it was normal, but right after the song starts, the volume has gone to maximum. But what a great difference, this is great.

blubserl

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 25, 2008
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    i finally found the necessary time and tried the 1.3 beta based build in wasapi mode on 2 of my machines. the first one uses a line6 external usb soundcard. i always got short static noises when i changed a track, but otherwise it sounded fantastic! a huge gain in quality.

so i backed everything up and gave this build a try on my main htpc, which is connected via amd onboard hdmi (realtek) to my denon amp. unfortunately i was not very lucky there. playback starts, but i only get a very interrupted and slowed down sound. as there are no real settings for wasapi except buffer size i'm not sure what to try. i'd like to add that wasapi works fine in foobar on this machine (though it needs resampling to 48000 hz - not sure if this could be a possible reason).

should i provide full logs or detailed machine specs? any things i could try?

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi guys,

Am testing the 1.3.0. beta a bit and found a ASIO issue:

Something goes wrong when playing sample rates other then 44.1 kHz. The device is correctly set to the proper sampling rate, but it looks like resampling to 44.1 is being done first. The result is for example a 88.2 kHz file being played at twice the speed, and 48 kHz material sounding off-pitch.

Will add logs and brandnew testmachine setup in awhile.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom