Music view issue... (1 Viewer)

Renato

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi all,

I'm a "new" user of MP and StreamedMP skin (moving from WMC). I'm really happy with the experience and the setup is running really fine....one small issue that I have and I'm looking for some help/guidance...not sure if this is related to the Skin or MP basic configuration...

For the Music option view,
    I've my CD collection showing in "Cover view" config indexed by Album name. One annoying behavior is when I'm in "Now Playing mode" playing, for example, the 10th CD in my list, if I press "back" on my remote(to go back to the initial Cover view menu), instead of going back to the 10th position, it sends me to the 1st CD in my list again...this is really annoying when you 700+ CD's and you are browsing your collection...surely there's a fix/options for this not to happen...? I've similar configurations for My Videos and Movies and that behavior doesn't happen, works perfectly...

Many thanks in advance for any help.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Sounds like a MediaPortal issue as the selection of items on a facade is controlled by the music plugin. Does the issue only occur on CoverFlow? What if you switch to List, does it re-select the last item selected?

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    Hi Guys,
    this is a issue with MP.
    but have a solution for now, wizard123 make a work around in his skin, and is work fine for now till the bug will be fix, ltfearme you can do the same in your skin... the file to edit is " MyMusicPlayingNow.xml"
    see here for the fix, find his work around fix and do the same in StreamedMP. :)
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/bug-reports.131152/page-3#post-1143947

Renato

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Sounds like a MediaPortal issue as the selection of items on a facade is controlled by the music plugin. Does the issue only occur on CoverFlow? What if you switch to List, does it re-select the last item selected?

Hi there,
    Many thanks for your help...your comments prompt me to investigate a bit further and try to understand the behavior of MP...basically happens no matter what view you choose...but what I found is that only happens when you press the "play" button to play the full cd(add all tracks) and you go to the "Now Playing screen" and then press back...if you just press "ok"[DOUBLEPOST=1439388072][/DOUBLEPOST]

Many thanks for your answer...I investigated further and it happens independently of the view you are in...but it only happens when you press the "play" button(add all tracks)...if you just press "ok" to see the list of tracks from that specific CD and/or then just pick one of those tracks and then go back, all works fine... :)[DOUBLEPOST=1439388192][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Hi Guys,
    this is a issue with MP.
    but have a solution for now, wizard123 make a work around in his skin, and is work fine for now till the bug will be fix, ltfearme you can do the same in your skin... the file to edit is " MyMusicPlayingNow.xml"
    see here for the fix, find his work around fix and do the same in StreamedMP. :)
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/bug-reports.131152/page-3#post-1143947

Cool! Many thanks, will give it a try...cheers.

Last edited:

Renato

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hey guys,

If anyone is reading....my issue described above was related to some of my tracks where missing data...in my case the album name in some of my tracks, this strangely was driving that behaviour of MP always going back to an "album" that grouped a few tracks with no album name....fixed that, no more issue, all perfect now... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom