MusicEvolution - a new music plugin for MediaPortal (1 Viewer)

kyleh0000

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 28, 2009
    Home Country
    i think its a great idea to redo the music section of MP its not bad but it could be better.

i realy like the idea to implement music videos and a web interface so it can be a real music jukebox for paties and things

it might be an idea to talk to the guys developing the new mvids plugin they are doing some good work with that :)

I will also the abilty to play raid streams intergrated as well playing them from a .m3u file i have a lot of radio stations host by my isp which doesnt count towards my monthly quota, i realist i can do this by browsing to the file, but i wasnt sure if you had plans to implement this into the database

anyway keep up the good work!

thanks all merry xmas!:D

Hell_Angel

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2005
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi,

Is it possible to add few more database fields to include custom and mood tag fields?
    It's not possible to read those fields in MP1 and it would be really nice feature.
    I've tagged all my music files with Musicbrainz Picard with Last.FmPlus plugin and it uses Last.Fm tags as genres,moods and occasion. You can read more from here.

http://tiptoes.hobby-site.com/mbz/lastfm/index.html

Best regards and merry christmas!

Cruzer

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I love the idea of a better music plugin. I think you should also keep the current functionality of being able to retrieve information on the artist or album from the net. Also, how about better radio integration?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I think all the focus should be on intelligent auto playlists. using data from

a) previous useage patterns
    b) mediaportal track ratings
    c) audioscrobber information
    d) id3tags/genres/etc.
    e) similar track/arist information from the internet
    f) last.fm , match users with similar music taste then play tracks that they like that you have in your collection

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    It seems that we are at least 1 programmer/developer short ATM. The task is pretty overwhelming for just 1 person doing the code, so we're still looking for help in case someone reading this has time, interest and experience.

Thanks
    Emph

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: MusicEvolution - a new music plugin for MediaPortal

It seems that we are at least 1 programmer/developer short ATM. The task is pretty overwhelming for just 1 person doing the code, so we're still looking for help in case someone reading this has time, interest and experience.

Thanks
    Emph

Well I am interested in writing an alternative music plugin. However - as you've learned from the other thread - I am going for the opposite direction.

I won't spend any work on getting non HTPC work done in MP like workarounding messy tags, inventing the import wheel twice (which is working incredibly well currently).

Instead I'd head for the stuff kiwijunglist lists: making access to media easier and more "task" based with lots of suggestions from different web sources. So overall provide more fun while listening to music but make it useable even for the wife ;)

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: MusicEvolution - a new music plugin for MediaPortal

I use the program Album Player (AlbumPlayer - Jukebox for Music Collector and Audiophile) and have a multilink shortcut to it, I would love a new music section that replicated a lot of the feel and funtionality of it.

Even messier than MP, expensive and not useable via remote at all. What are the main advantages of you that you like?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom