MusicInfo Handler (1 Viewer)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi @jameson_uk ,

It doesn't need to be brilliant, as long as it works :whistle:. However, I hope that I am not going to pour water into the wine. The problems are not Startup but at resume from standby, Does the delay that is defined in the config also apply to a resumed MediaPortal?

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi @jameson_uk ,

It doesn't need to be brilliant, as long as it works :whistle:. However, I hope that I am not going to pour water into the wine. The problems are not Startup but at resume from standby, Does the delay that is defined in the config also apply to a resumed MediaPortal?
    Ummm no ;)

I will look at adding a delay on resume or some work around. Leave it with me.....

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It is:
    MIH.JPG

zag2me

Portal Pro
    April 11, 2006
    Home Country
    England England
    Thanks to a feature request from @jameson_uk I've managed to import a load of new Artist Biographies from Echonest into TheAudioDB.

Basically we should have 98% of all artists with a bio over the next few days(its still importing) ;)

Still need some help with the language translations though.

Last edited:

karl10247

Portal Pro
    November 8, 2011
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Hi everyone, good work with the plugin jameson_uk glad to see someone stepped up to the challenge and succceeded :)

a few questions if you dont mind:

1) From inside MP, the musicinfohandler plugin has categories: "missing artist" and "missing album artist". What is the "missing"referring to for the artists within these categories? Fanart / Thumbs? The reason i ask is that in both categories i have many artists which have a thumb and fanart so i dont understand what is missing. Album Artist in particular... it scraped say 90% of all album artists with thumb & fanart yet show up in the missing categories
    2) When music is playing without a visualisation (alchemy) i go to fullscreen view (Y i believe) and the album / artist / similar track information is shown. What happens for me is when i click the artist information radio button the album cover shows not the artist thumb (i presume this is incorrect?). Album information shows the album cover which is correct but when either radio button is selected the lower track information box cycles between the album cover and artist thumb. Is this correct behavior? (see example attachment)
    3) What is the recommended method of filling in the blanks for those artists that didnt get a thumb from the plugin? Strangely enough 2Pac didnt get one lol
    Where can i manually get the thumbs and such?
    4) In either the plugin GUI inside MP or the artist list in music, when i goto "show album/artist info" for an artist without a thumb it looks up the artist showing a bio and artist pic (see example 2). When i exit this screen MP has downloaded the artist picture and used it as the thumb. This is all well and good but 9 times out of 10 when i lookup missing artists in this manner the aspect ratio of the picture is incorrect and i get an unsightly stretched face. Is this a built in MP function that has nothing to do with the plugin? Is there any way to fix it so it gets nice 200 x 200 pics?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• example.png
      example.png
      3 MB
    • example2.png
      example2.png
      961.3 KB

zag2me

Portal Pro
    April 11, 2006
    Home Country
    England England
    Just a post to say theaudiodb API has changed a little.

strSubGenre is now depreciated but we added these new fields

strGenre
    strMood
    strStyle

Hopefully that matches the old allmusic layout.

Any scrapers will need to be updated.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Is there a chance for an option to be able to turn off fanart scraping, or maybe select a different download directory? There are issues with showing random default images from the userdef\music folder when music with no fanart is playing, if there are other images present. The images MIH scrapes have a different naming template than images scraped by FanArtHanler, so there is no conflict with names.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    There are issues with showing random default images from the userdef\music folder when music with no fanart is playing, if there are other images present.
    Then that's an issue that FH should handle.
    All those added features to the FH 4.0 are nice, but it's a Fanart HANDLER, not a scraper :) MIH does the scraping.
    The fact that FH now looks in other folders, because of added scraping features, is not something that should be fixed in MIH, but in FH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom