Mustayaluca - A blended MP Skin [RELEASED] (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stor-Anders

Portal Member
August 15, 2005
All right!

A first glance reveals more that I hoped for. Really nice for starters. A little more work to get a more homogeneous feeling and I think we're on to something really great. Thanks a lot for your work so far!

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    PD - WAKE UP!!!! :D

Seriously - it would be nice if those who want to continue dev. this skins team up rather than pulling it in different directions.

DarkWader

Portal Pro
    October 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Excelent skin!

Tryed it today, to buggy atm for regluar use.. It tends to crash MP.
    But this is the kind of concept that will lift MP to a true WAF/Userfriendly PVR/Mediacenter.

Its what MP always lacked - perfection in simplicity, like some of the skins from XBMC and Medios.

Toga

Portal Pro
    January 17, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Really nice skin.
    I agree with DarkWader skins like this will really grab the attention.
    I hope development continues on this.

dgsgc

Portal Member
    December 4, 2007
    Liking whats there so far. :D

There doesn't seem to be an exit or shutdown buttons, i could quit even alt tabbing wouldn't work, it got stuck in some kind of loop.

Also the film-strip view when using moving pictures seemed very jerky and the thumbs were very compressed, thumbs were fine in list view though.

Aside from those teething problems this is a great skin.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Very fast skin.
    Very nice animations, the timing is spot on.
    Superb presentation of Movies (Moving Pictures) and Music.

I like it very much.
    Emph

Jeditrav

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yes, the speed of this skin is very nice!

What version of Moving Pics are you using Emph? I'm using 0.7.5 and it's not displaying very nicely - txt 'doubling-up' looking very messy, and the details screen not displaying any details; backdrops not working either - I'm thinking I'm using an older version.

Also, what version of TV-Series is this 'built' for? Not that I'm having any problems with the TV Series section, just curious and want to use the best one... :)

Update: Installed the latest beta of Moving Pictures, 1.0.3 - that's fixed the txt doubling-up issue and the details screen is now working properly; I'm guessing the backdrops are only activated for the details screen, not the main screen, to keep browsing speed up? I'm fine with that, the speed of this skin makes it feel more like an actual piece of consumer electronics rather than a clunky, overloaded.....!

All-in-all, a very nice skin, most impressive!

akiaki

Portal Pro
    September 15, 2008
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    It's great looking skin, but as with Maya I simply don't get the one entry mini epg you use..
    I use mini epg the most for switching channels. I have some 100 channels divided into 6-7 groups and miniEPG is the easiest, fastest way to switch between groups and channels. With one click you have now and next info on all of the channels and that's what most IMHO users need.
    I use tv guide primarily for setting up recordings because there is too much hassle to switch between groups.
    That is why I don't understand one entry on this skin and no next playing on Maya.. I just don't. Astethics aside, this is just not usable and that's why I'm not using any of it. If I knew how, this is the first thing I would change on both skins, great design work, it really is, I hope someone will pick up and develop several patches..

Stor-Anders

Portal Member
    August 15, 2005
    PD - WAKE UP!!!! :D

Seriously - it would be nice if those who want to continue dev. this skins team up rather than pulling it in different directions.
    I agree. I can contribute with some minor coding (by using/modifying existing skins code), trying to keep the graphical theme throughout the skin and some GUI-logics. But - I think we need someone with experience from coordinating this kind of virtual team to keep it together.

Any one up for the challenge?

//s-a

macardi

Portal Member
    January 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi all, just some comments on your questions and remarks,

DarkWader: I don't really experience any crashes on my system. But I have not tested it with different setups beside my own. And as I mentioned before, I'm not really a skinner so the code might need to be optimised here and there. I hope these problems can be solved.

dgsgc: There is no exit button, I always use Alt+F4 which works fine here. However this should perhaps be implemented if people use it. Moving Pictures works fine at my system also, what version do you use, and on what resolution?

Jeditrav: I'm running the skin with the latest beta version of Moving Pictures, and TV-series version 2.3.3589. And yes your right, I have disabled the backdrops when browsing the movies in order to boost performance but also because I tend to get a little bit dizzy when the backdrop changes all the time :) However it can be easily configured in the movingpictures.xml file. Just edit the <define>#XXXXXXX.backdrop.used:false</define> at the top.

akiaki: I can definitely see your point. With that amount of channels I can understand that the mini-epg is quite useless. Perhaps an alternative mini-epg should be developed. I have my self about 15 channels to switch between and for that setup this concept works very well.

The thing is that when I started this project my intention was just to mod a few things to fit my on needs, therefore I really never had user friendliness or the community in mind. However it started to grow and suddenly I realised that I had created something that might be of interest for others.

Cheers
    Macardi

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom