mvCentral 1.0.5.453 RC for MP 1.4 Final (1 Viewer)

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have put up a version of MvC for MP 1.4 Final - for some daft reason I just checked the release thread title and first post for the 1.3b release - look here for the info.

Thanks

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country
    Hi Trevor, I'm having a weird issue with Mv 1.0.5 and streamedMP 2.1.0

Each time I enter MVCentral after starting mediaportal I am greeted with a blank page, just a background and title bar, which reads
    '#mvcentral.viewas #mvcentral.hierachy'

I checked to see if this was a skin issue by switching to titan, mvcentral loaded fine, i then went back into streamedmp and loaded mvcentral again and it loaded up perfectly, it will then continue to load correctly in streamedmp until mediaportal is restarted, then im greeted by the blank page.
    Each time it can be fixed by switching skins, loading mvcentral and then switching the skin back.

Dont have time to put logs up right now but if you dont have any ideas off the top of your head on this i will post logs up tomorrow.

Cheers Shane

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    Hi Shane,

My fault not forcing an update of the StreamedMP MvC files.

Quick and dirty fix would be to delete/move the mvc*.xml files from the StreamedMP skin folder and reinstall the plugin.

I will update the installer when I get back home, couple of hrs yet though.

Thanks

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    Hi Shane,

I just checked the installer and it should overwrite the files so now not so sure what the issue is.

Can you try the quick and dirty method and let me know if that works, if not please send me the log files - MediaPortal.log and Error.Log and the main two I am interested in.

Thanks

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country
    Fix above worked.

Are the files included with the plugin newer than those contained in streamedmp installer? I might have installed mvcentral before the latest streamedmp

What changes are there in the new files compared to the old that caused the issue?
    My themed mvcentral files still have the issue so i need to update them. is it just the checksum at the bottom?

Cheers for the quick fix as usual (y)

Last edited:

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    Hi Shane,

Good to know it is fixed and yes the included StreamedMP files are for the last full public release which had been coded to get round the skin the and plug changes since 1.2 - will provide updated to SMP when I release the new version - this w/e with luck.

The new version is coded to the new standards.

The changes are for the control type button to menubutton, check for controls with of type 'menubutton', found in the hidden menu section. Copy the complete control to the same location in your themed files. Look in Mediaportal.log for errors. Changes are required in mvCentral.xml and mvCentral.Playlist.xml.

Give us a shout if need more info.

Thanks

Last edited:

niblet

Portal Pro
    October 4, 2008
    Home Country
    I'm having an issue.

I run the importer and it matches my vids with last.fm. Then it just sits there forever, not downloading any information.

MVs.png

It has been sat like the above picture for over 12 hours.

I've tried changing the thread count, down to 1, up to 10, but it doesn't seem to do anything.
    I'm using MePo 1.4, on an x86 Windows 8 machine.

Edit: - I upped the thread count to 25 and it started working properly.

Last edited:

jon_in_phx

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 13, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'm having an issue.

I run the importer and it matches my vids with last.fm. Then it just sits there forever, not downloading any information.

It has been sat like the above picture for over 12 hours.

I've tried changing the thread count, down to 1, up to 10, but it doesn't seem to do anything.
    I'm using MePo 1.4, on an x86 Windows 8 machine.

Edit: - I upped the thread count to 25 and it started working properly.

I'm having similar hang problems. My post is on the 'mvCentral - Music Videos Plugin (Stable)' thread and can be seen here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...eos-plugin-stable.101640/page-38#post-1020488

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    Hi Guys,

Sorry for the delay in responding busy as always these days, I had a look at this and just loaded 500 vids with no problems.

I have added an updated version to googlecode

mvCentral 1.0.5.454 RC for MP 1.4 Final

Please try this.

If the importer does stick, try closing and restarting and it should pick up from where it stopped.

Thanks

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread