mVids - Music Video Database (1 Viewer)

bounguine

Portal Pro
November 7, 2005
St.Petersburg
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
You know, it may differ from user to user and folder to folder.

I have more than 7 schemes, using folders of different level for different purposes (genre, artist and so on).

That's why in my long post above I proposed:
- multi-level structure of folders (one and more),
- using tags, like %g, %t and so on (you may see them in music catalogues),
- differentiate non-VIDEO_TS and VIDEO_TS music (because of an extra VIDEO_TS folder).

If you wish, I can draw a scheme in Visio and a simple interface for your nice plugin.
Just wait 1-2 days.
No need to hurry

thesystemera

Portal Pro
May 26, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
In my case the directories are just the artist's name, inside that directory the files are the artist name plus the song name in most cases... Why don't you make it use the folder name for the artist name and then if it sees that name also included in the files in that folder it then extracts it, there for you should be left in most cases just with the artist name... Cases where this would not work would be:

Folder name: Nine inch nails
Track name : NIN - with teeth

Sorry if I"m not making much sense, just woke up... Thanks :D

Sinbe

Portal Pro
December 12, 2007
Home Country
Finland Finland
0.2 version doesn't work for me at all. The 0.1 version used to crashed sometimes when scrolling too fast, but now there seems to be a bug of some kind somewhere. Here's what's saved in the error.log:

2008-11-28 10:29:45.875000 [ERROR][MPMain]: No translation found for id 106623
2008-11-28 10:29:45.968750 [ERROR][12]: MediaPortal: Unhandled exception occured
2008-11-28 10:29:46.015625 [ERROR][12]: Exception :confused:ystem.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
at mVids.database.resolveLfmName(String lfmName)
at mVids.database.getFilesByScore(Int32 limit)
at mVids.mvid.updateStatistics(Object obj)
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallbackInternal(_ThreadPoolWaitCallback tpWaitCallBack)
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback(Object state)
2008-11-28 10:29:46.015625 [ERROR][12]: Exception :Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
2008-11-28 10:29:46.015625 [ERROR][12]: site :Void ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(System.ExceptionArgument, System.ExceptionResource)
2008-11-28 10:29:46.015625 [ERROR][12]: source :mscorlib
2008-11-28 10:29:46.015625 [ERROR][12]: stacktrace: at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
at mVids.database.resolveLfmName(String lfmName)
at mVids.database.getFilesByScore(Int32 limit)
at mVids.mvid.updateStatistics(Object obj)
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallbackInternal(_ThreadPoolWaitCallback tpWaitCallBack)
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback(Object state)

Great plugin though and I hope you can fix the problem :)

jburnette

Portal Pro
August 24, 2006
Kentucky
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
In my case the directories are just the artist's name, inside that directory the files are the artist name plus the song name in most cases... Why don't you make it use the folder name for the artist name and then if it sees that name also included in the files in that folder it then extracts it, there for you should be left in most cases just with the artist name... Cases where this would not work would be:

Folder name: Nine inch nails
Track name : NIN - with teeth

Sorry if I"m not making much sense, just woke up... Thanks :D

I've implemented a basic folder masking system that allows you to specify a folder mask for each root folder. I basically did what you've said there, but I need you all to let me know if this would work for you. I'll try to get another build posted tonight.

Let's say your folder structure is something like Rock\Nine Inch Nails. You could use the mask %tag%\%artist%\. This would cause all videos in the rock subdirectories to be tagged "Rock". Then all videos in the Nine Inch Nails subdirectory will use that as it's artist. It doesn't matter whether the videos in the subdirectory have an artist name in them or not. If the filename contains a dash then the artist name is discarded. If no dash exists, then the entire video name is used. That way if you just have Rock\Nine Inch Nails\with teet.avi then it will be added as "With Teeth".

If you don't want to worry about folder masks, you can just put a text file named info.txt in the folder and specify the same information that way.

Also, the whole caching of chosen artists was broken in that last build I uploaded so that explains why people were having to choose the same artist over and over again. I'm not sure how I missed that before I uploaded it. With that working again, I'm able to scan 500 videos in 12 minutes which I don't think is too bad.

0.2 version doesn't work for me at all. The 0.1 version used to crashed sometimes when scrolling too fast, but now there seems to be a bug of some kind somewhere. Here's what's saved in the error.log:

Did you upgrade your old database? And does this only happen in Top 100 View?

Yes me to... I get the occasional crash with the scrolling... I thought it was my re-skinning.... But maybe not after all..

Was there any pattern to what view the crashing happened in? I haven't seen this happen, but I'd like to track it down.

thesystemera

Portal Pro
May 26, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Not really, I could not determine a pattern as such... For me it was in the Artist view, it was like the system was struggling to get the artist image to the system or something.. Call it a hunch but I believe if you had a 200-300ms delay on the load time for the artist image I think you might solve this problem.. If you look at Moving Pictures it also has this setting... I think basically the GUI of mediaportal might become broke with the large influx of images... Just a hunch, I base this on absolutely no knowledge of programming what so ever :D

The directory structure idea sounds good... I will be very keen to test out 0.3 when it comes out, just not looking forward to having to re-skin... Thanks for a great plugin mate..

jburnette

Portal Pro
August 24, 2006
Kentucky
Home Country
Not really, I could not determine a pattern as such... For me it was in the Artist view, it was like the system was struggling to get the artist image to the system or something.. Call it a hunch but I believe if you had a 200-300ms delay on the load time for the artist image I think you might solve this problem.. If you look at Moving Pictures it also has this setting... I think basically the GUI of mediaportal might become broke with the large influx of images... Just a hunch, I base this on absolutely no knowledge of programming what so ever :D

That sounds reasonable enough. I'll see if I can reproduce it, but I'll definitely add a check to cancel loading if the selected item has changed.

The directory structure idea sounds good... I will be very keen to test out 0.3 when it comes out, just not looking forward to having to re-skin... Thanks for a great plugin mate..

Thanks. It will still be 0.2. The build I attached was just for a few of you to test. I didn't want to upload it "properly" and get inundated with duplicated bugreports until I had a few people look over it (and I'm glad I did).

I've been scrolling up and down like a mad man for the past 15 minutes and I can't get it to crash. After thinking about it a little more I believe that this problem was fixed when I switched over from directly controlling the labels/images to just using the property manager to set properties. That may have eliminated the problem by allowing MP to handle any changes in information.

p13man

Portal Pro
November 20, 2008
Home Country
More feedback

First of all, thanks for all the hard work.
The basic idea is perfect for me - having a 'grabbed' thumbnail image' of all my videos (800 and counting) is perfect for my multiligual household - a picture is worth a thousand words.
I'm desperate to get this plugin to work, I had a tantalising glimpse when I first installed it but I can't get it to work again. My error log looks very much like the one posted by Sinbe, yesterday (error.log attached). No problems importing inyo the database - correct number of vids reported, images all seem present and in the correct folders but, when I call mVids from the menu, I see the page but the fields are all in the coded placeholder format, no actual data, just the field headings and '#' marks. The page stays on screen looking beautiful until I use the remote at which MP crashes - same thing happens when I move the mouse pointer.
I've tried with the .968 release and the last stable version of MP_1.0_RC3_rev20432 and also with mVids 2.0 in the mediaportal-svn-11-08-2008--16-42-Rev20755. Exactly the same thing with both. Oh, using indigo 2.2 and 2.3 respectively. Also happens with other skins.
Any pointers from anyone will be appreciated. I'm fairly new to MP.
Jimbo

jburnette

Portal Pro
August 24, 2006
Kentucky
Home Country
First of all, thanks for all the hard work.
The basic idea is perfect for me - having a 'grabbed' thumbnail image' of all my videos (800 and counting) is perfect for my multiligual household - a picture is worth a thousand words.
I'm desperate to get this plugin to work, I had a tantalising glimpse when I first installed it but I can't get it to work again. My error log looks very much like the one posted by Sinbe, yesterday (error.log attached). No problems importing inyo the database - correct number of vids reported, images all seem present and in the correct folders but, when I call mVids from the menu, I see the page but the fields are all in the coded placeholder format, no actual data, just the field headings and '#' marks. The page stays on screen looking beautiful until I use the remote at which MP crashes - same thing happens when I move the mouse pointer.
I've tried with the .968 release and the last stable version of MP_1.0_RC3_rev20432 and also with mVids 2.0 in the mediaportal-svn-11-08-2008--16-42-Rev20755. Exactly the same thing with both. Oh, using indigo 2.2 and 2.3 respectively. Also happens with other skins.
Any pointers from anyone will be appreciated. I'm fairly new to MP.
Jimbo

Interesting. When you downloaded the 0.2 prerelease that I posted a few pages back, did you start from scratch with a new database? Or did you upgrade your existing database?

jburnette

Portal Pro
August 24, 2006
Kentucky
Home Country
OK, here's beta #2 of 0.2. If I could possibly get a couple of you to give this one a shot and let me know what you think, that would be great. I've fixed the caching system so you shouldn't get asked multiple times for files with the same artist name. It also has the new folder masking/info.txt system which I've only been able to do limited testing with, so I'm looking forward to hearing how it works for those of you with more complicated folder systems. There's also a new option to specify the language to download artist biographies in.

Let me know how this works for you and thanks again for the great feedback. If this seems to be stable enough then I'll start moving on to add support for the next things I've been wanting to add like support for DVD structures and TV-Series like logo rules among other things.

I've also included a skin for Xface. I put a little more effort into showing off some of the new property fields available from the plugin now, so those of you using Xface will see a bit more data onscreen than other skins are showing right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom