mVids - Music Video Database (1 Viewer)

metalla_nz

Portal Pro
June 19, 2007
Hamilton
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Still having an issue in the 0.2 final.

Saving a record in manage database crashes it.

i.e Open config, go to an artist, click a song title, change song title, click save record, and down she goes.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at mVids.videoUC.saveButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Nephilim

Extension Developer
February 8, 2007
Home Country
Italy Italy
Having problems creating thumbnails for videos. It calculate strange sizes and the file is not saved.

Log:

Code:
1.06.14: Determining aspect ratio for Evanescence - Lithium (Acoustic).divx
1.06.15: Calculated thumbnail size of 466550x350
1.06.15: Grabbed thumbnail from Evanescence - Lithium (Acoustic).divx
1.06.15: Determining aspect ratio for Evanescence - Lithium.divx
1.06.15: Calculated thumbnail size of 823550x350
1.06.15: Grabbed thumbnail from Evanescence - Lithium.divx
1.06.15: Determining aspect ratio for Editors - Live.mkv
1.06.15: Calculated thumbnail size of 622300x350
1.06.15: Grabbed thumbnail from Editors - Live.mkv
1.06.15: Determining aspect ratio for Korn - Freak On A Leash.mpg
1.06.15: Grabbed thumbnail from Korn - Freak On A Leash.mpg
1.06.15: Determining aspect ratio for KORN - Make Me BAd.divx
1.06.15: Grabbed thumbnail from KORN - Make Me BAd.divx

P.S. Using 0.2

Bye,
Nephilim

onyx666

Portal Pro
September 26, 2008
got the same problem
manually creatibng a thumb per clip

39:54: Grabbed thumbnail from taylor_swift-shouldve_said_no-dvdrip-x264-2008-mv4u.mkv
18:39:54: Determining aspect ratio for the_bpa_feat_david_byrne_and_dizzee_rascal-toe_jam_(dirty_version)-dvdrip-x264-2008-mv4u.mkv
18:39:54: Calculated thumbnail size of 605850x350
18:39:55: Grabbed thumbnail from the_bpa_feat_david_byrne_and_dizzee_rascal-toe_jam_(dirty_version)-dvdrip-x264-2008-mv4u.mkv
18:39:55: Determining aspect ratio for the_pussycat_dolls-dont_cha.avi
18:39:55: Calculated thumbnail size of 466550x350
18:39:55: Grabbed thumbnail from the_pussycat_dolls-dont_cha.avi
18:39:55: Determining aspect ratio for the_ting_tings-shut_up_and_let_me_go-x264-2008-mv4u.mkv
18:39:55: Calculated thumbnail size of 612500x350
18:39:55: Grabbed thumbnail from the_ting_tings-shut_up_and_let_me_go-x264-2008-mv4u.mkv
18:39:55: Determining aspect ratio for sash_feat_rodriguez-ecuador-dvdrip-x264-1997-se.mkv
18:39:55: Calculated thumbnail size of 620550x350
18:39:55: Grabbed thumbnail from sash_feat_rodriguez-ecuador-dvdrip-x264-1997-se.mkv
18:39:55: Determining aspect ratio for the_ting_tings-thats_not_my_name-dvdrip-x264-2008-mvhits.mkv
18:39:55: Calculated thumbnail size of 463400x350
18:39:55: Grabbed thumbnail from the_ting_tings-thats_not_my_name-dvdrip-x264-2008-mvhits.mkv
18:39:55: Determining aspect ratio for Vengaboys - We Like To Party [Nemesis-imv].mpg
18:39:55: Calculated thumbnail size of 466550x350
18:39:55: Grabbed thumbnail from Vengaboys - We Like To Party [Nemesis-imv].mpg
18:39:55: Determining aspect ratio for Vengaboys-megamix-dvdrip-x264-2008-mVz.mkv

mattroby

Portal Pro
June 3, 2006
Florida
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Excellent plugin!!

Thanks for all of your work on this plugin - it's a lot of fun!

I have two quick questions:

1. When I scan my database, it doesn't see files with all caps in the extensions (*.AVI). This was noted before and you responded as follows:

But with the extensions like *.mpeg, *.avi, etc listed your plugin I found this:
1) No scanning of files with capital letters used in extensions (*.AVI, etc);

"As far as the uppercase problem, that's a pretty easy fix and I'll go ahead and take care of that now for the next version. "

Were you able to get to this? Or is this a separate problem with my system? I am using the most recent release of mVid and everything else seems to be working well. It just overlooks those files that have *.AVI while picking up on those with *.avi.

This is certainly not urgent. Thank you for your time!

2. Do you, or does anyone else, know of a site for good quality music videos? I have done a couple of searches but much of my results lead to garbage or poor quality videos. I can't imagine there is no site out there with torrents or links to great quality files!

Thanks again for the awesome work.

jburnette

Portal Pro
August 24, 2006
Kentucky
Home Country
Sorry, been a bit busy lately.

Still having an issue in the 0.2 final.

Saving a record in manage database crashes it.

i.e Open config, go to an artist, click a song title, change song title, click save record, and down she goes.

Thanks. Found it and fixed it.

Having problems creating thumbnails for videos. It calculate strange sizes and the file is not saved.

got the same problem
manually creatibng a thumb per clip

Thanks. I think I've found the problem (bad math on my part, big surprise).

I have two quick questions:

1. When I scan my database, it doesn't see files with all caps in the extensions (*.AVI).

Were you able to get to this? Or is this a separate problem with my system? I am using the most recent release of mVid and everything else seems to be working well. It just overlooks those files that have *.AVI while picking up on those with *.avi.

2. Do you, or does anyone else, know of a site for good quality music videos? I have done a couple of searches but much of my results lead to garbage or poor quality videos. I can't imagine there is no site out there with torrents or links to great quality files!

Yeah, I guess I forgot to fix that part :D. Simple solution is to just add the uppercase variants of those extensions to MediaPortal's video extension list. I'll fix it though anyway.

For your second question, this forum is pretty adamant about prohibiting any discussion of piracy whatsoever. So sorry, can't help you there.

I'll get a 0.2.1 out to fix these outstanding issues. Thanks for the feedback everyone.

thesystemera

Portal Pro
May 26, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hey just wanted to say... Love the new version... Made myself a BlueTwo skin for it if any one wan's one... I'm using an altered version of Bluetwo so I cas use a bunch of my older plugins...

But yeah whole thing seems fine, and you have successfully fixed the flashing strobe effect so good stuff man!

jburnette

Portal Pro
August 24, 2006
Kentucky
Home Country
Hey just wanted to say... Love the new version... Made myself a BlueTwo skin for it if any one wan's one... I'm using an altered version of Bluetwo so I cas use a bunch of my older plugins...

But yeah whole thing seems fine, and you have successfully fixed the flashing strobe effect so good stuff man!

Great to hear, thanks for the positive feedback. Any chance you could post your skin file so I can include it in the next release? I like having alternate layouts available. Also, I'll attach a text file to the first post in the thread that I wrote out real quick for the skinners. It list all the available properties you can use. Some are not in most of the skins since I added them later on. If you've got any ideas for additional fields, let me know and I'll expose the necessary info for the skin to use it.

thesystemera

Portal Pro
May 26, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Will do, need a bit of tweaking still but will throw that in the next day... Thanks.. Hey just curiouse, any reason why skip forward and back might not be working... Thanks, its most likely something i've done at my end but was just wondering.. Cool

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom