My Anime 2 (2 Viewers)

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Couldn't you just set a flag which reports if the watched status has been seen and sent to anidb, and afterwards ignore the watched/unwatched flag in terms of syncing it?
    I was planning to keep 2 watched statuses (one for AniDB and one for local), and update AniDB depending on the options.

So you suggest I never set the AniDB status to unwatched (instead of adding an option for it)? It may be better to add an option ... Otherwise, I guarantee somebody will ask for it later :p

I think I'll add the options for now, I could always remove them later.

I think you should do what's the simplest for you to implement. :)
    I'm no programmer, so I wouldn't no what would be most efficient, I look at is from a users/functional point of view.

Either way is fine, I just think it makes no sense to mark something as unwatched on your anidb account, that marking a watched episode as unseen is only useful for re-watching. But you're probably right, there's bound to be someone who wants to be able to reset his/her anidb watched list.

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Iwerndly,

I am still tuning on the xml's.
    Is it possible to receive
    • #Anime2.SeriesGroup.Episodes
    • #Anime2.SeriesGroup.Rating
    • The number of unwatched/new eps (btw: which label?)
    without the accompanying text ("Special"; "votes"; "New")?
    Maybe as new labels to be used alternatively

I still didn't figured out how the list items for the series/eps bars are constructed to utilise thinner bars. I would like to squeeze 7 lines in where there are currently 5 selection items (would maybe also solve the issue with the 5 bars I mentioned earlier)

Thanks & Cheers,

scythe000

Portal Pro
    July 6, 2008
    two errors on streamedmp at 1920x1200:
    1. The watched eye is grey, when it should be blue
    2. the number of 'new' episodes is overlapping with the eye icon.

FdL

Portal Pro
    April 17, 2009
    Okay, I correctly installed it and began importing my DVDs.

One thing I noticed is that each episode has "normal" written in gray. It also appears in the managing screen. What does this mean, and is it okay?

Another thing, I don't get how groups work. I'll search for previous discussion on them, but for now, in the series manager screen I can't seem to drag and drop a series from its own "1 series" group to another series'. Nor to a newly created group.

Also, I have to say that other than the banners and fanart, TVDB sure is annoying, what with their "seasons" approach to anime...

Oh, regarding this, the lookup buttons to assign art (well, the magnifier and the folder icons) in the group edit tool in the manager don't seem to work.

Otherwise, of course, this is an amazing plugin, and it's going to change the way I collect and watch anime ^^

Edit: Also, how do I set a complete series/group or individual episodes as watched?

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    yhoogi said:

I still didn't figured out how the list items for the series/eps bars are constructed to utilise thinner bars. I would like to squeeze 7 lines in where there are currently 5 selection items (would maybe also solve the issue with the 5 bars I mentioned earlier)

Thanks & Cheers,

Submitted as Issue #49
    I'll also create a new wiki page to document all the available skin properties.

Sorry, I still haven't had a chance to look at the skin. Will try early next week. I am in the middle of the TvDB episode changes, so trying to knock that off first.

scythe000 said:
    two errors on streamedmp at 1920x1200:
    1. The watched eye is grey, when it should be blue
    2. the number of 'new' episodes is overlapping with the eye icon.

Submitted as Issue #50

FdL said:
    One thing I noticed is that each episode has "normal" written in gray. It also appears in the managing screen. What does this mean, and is it okay?

Normal just means a regular episode. The other types are: specials, credits, trailers, parodies and other (as defined by AniDB)

FdL said:
    Another thing, I don't get how groups work. I'll search for previous discussion on them, but for now, in the series manager screen I can't seem to drag and drop a series from its own "1 series" group to another series'. Nor to a newly created group.

Looks like the drag and drop is broken. Issue #51
    For now you can double click on a series, and select the group you want to move the series to.

FdL said:
    Also, I have to say that other than the banners and fanart, TVDB sure is annoying, what with their "seasons" approach to anime...

Well it's not really TheTvDB, but the users who enter data there.
    Anyone is able to go into TheTvDB and enter the data.
    Which is why you'll often see duplicated data.
    e.g. Ikkitousen appears as both 1 series with 3 seasons, and also 3 separate series.

FdL said:
    Oh, regarding this, the lookup buttons to assign art (well, the magnifier and the folder icons) in the group edit tool in the manager don't seem to work.

Yeah they haven't been implemented yet :)
    You can manually enter a location there for now.

FdL said:
    Edit: Also, how do I set a complete series/group or individual episodes as watched?

You can navigate into the episodes view, and then use the context menu (or F9) button to set an individual watch status, or all set all the eps.
    Issue #48 is there to be able to do it from group level

FdL

Portal Pro
    April 17, 2009
    Cool, thanks for the tips.

When you refer to marking eps as watched with F9 you mean from within MP, no?

I've spent a lot of time today importing series and tweaking, and I have some more comments to make on this.

First, it would be very interesting to be able to import stuff from the configuration options, like in MP Series. I mean, it's good to be able to do it from MP if you're already using it, but for what I see purely as file maintenance work as what I'm doing, it would waste less resources and be simpler to be able to do it from outside MP. Besides, I've found myself shutting it and going to cfg, and back and forth, to change assignments and check images, etc.

Another thing is that I've noticed that the hashing hangs up quite often. I leave a DVD hashing its files, and half of the time I return to see it's stuck on X%, and won't progress. When I tell it to process the disc again without exiting, it queues the same files, adding up to the total, but remains locked up. Only way to fix it is to exit MP and enter again. See what I mean in the previous paragraph?

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    yhoogi said:

Thanks & Cheers,

Submitted as Issue #49
    I'll also create a new wiki page to document all the available skin properties.

Sorry, I still haven't had a chance to look at the skin. Will try early next week. I am in the middle of the TvDB episode changes, so trying to knock that off first.

No prob. I am happy for any help received. The xml controls are for a completely newby confusing.
    Btw: What are the parameters in the visibility control referring to? Are the figures somewhere defined for the different views?
    I intend to "borrow" some approaches from Moving Pictures and TVSeries but would like to try to understand a little bit more whats going on in the xmls, first.

I also tried to have a brief look at the sources in google source. Is there a simple way to download the whole source set? I have no experience on these matters any more, but pondering to give it a try by first starting to try to recompile the sources. I presume the approach is the same as described by mp for compiling their sources (compiler, make scripts, etc) - right?

Cheers,

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    FdL said:
    First, it would be very interesting to be able to import stuff from the configuration options, like in MP Series. I mean, it's good to be able to do it from MP if you're already using it, but for what I see purely as file maintenance work as what I'm doing, it would waste less resources and be simpler to be able to do it from outside MP. Besides, I've found myself shutting it and going to cfg, and back and forth, to change assignments and check images, etc.

Yup I will submit an issue about allowing all the import functions to be run for the config screen as well.
    The way I have structured the code though, it will not be an easy task.

yhoogi said:
    Btw: What are the parameters in the visibility control referring to? Are the figures somewhere defined for the different views?
    I intend to "borrow" some approaches from Moving Pictures and TVSeries but would like to try to understand a little bit more whats going on in the xmls, first.

The parameters in the visibility property refer to controls defined in the Anime2_Dummy.xml file.
    The way the plugin works (copied from mp-tvseries) is that those dummy controls will be set to visible or invisible by the code.
    Based on the visibility of those controls you can make other controls visible/invisible.

For example, the code will set the Dummy Label for List triggers (id = 1235) to visible.
    This is indicating that the facade is in List Mode (as opposed to Filmstrip or Wide Banner mode).
    It will also set other controls such as Group/Series/Episode Types/Episodes.

This way you can know that the user is currently looking at the groups in list mode, and you can make the appropriate controls visible.

Not sure what you mean by borrowing stuff from mp-tvseries. My skins are basically copied and pasted from the TVSeries skins :) I have removed some of the things that are not appropriate or are not supported yet.

yhoogi said:
    I also tried to have a brief look at the sources in google source. Is there a simple way to download the whole source set? I have no experience on these matters any more, but pondering to give it a try by first starting to try to recompile the sources. I presume the approach is the same as described by mp for compiling their sources (compiler, make scripts, etc) - right?

This is the best place to start
    MediaPortal1_Development - MediaPortal Manual Documentation

The section on SVN refers to how you work with the source code.
    You shouldn't need any scripts.
    Just download the source code with Tortoise SVN (or alternative) and open the solution with Visual Studio.

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for the info.

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I found now the cause for the misbehaviour in the list items. The parameter <scrolloffset> in references.xml is set to 3.

I added this to the Anime2_Main.xml and did also some other minor changes in the layout (see changelog)
    I attached a complete set of the StreamedMP skin elements please feel free to use it as you like.

v2.2
    • - cover in list mode with round corners (taken from moving pictures)
    • - cover with glassy reflection

v2.3
    • - bug in scroll of list items resolved: added <scrollOffset>2</scrollOffset> to Textlist
    • - rearranged info elements
    • - changed font on list item for eps/series selection

Cheers,

Attachments

• Screenshot.jpg
      Screenshot.jpg
      170.2 KB
    • Anime2-SkinMod_StreamedMP_v2.3.rar
      30.7 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom