My Anime 2 (1 Viewer)

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Iwerndly,

AnimeDB is also providing relations info (previous, other, sequel) with links.
    Is it possible to use the info for implementing shortcut links in the eps-view?

Cheers,

Edit:
    While importing my older series, I discovered that sometimes the description is not imported. Is there a functionallity to enforce a re-read of such properties? (I am currently cut and past these infos manually in the specific fields)

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Exotic Problem

Hello Iwerndly,
    I came across an exotic problem:

One series in my db is not referenced with a "AnimeSeriesID" (field is empty for all its eps) and therefore not shown in the menus as well as in the config menu.
    I can't delete it with the plugin features and a cleanup or removal is also not working.

Only chance I have is manually to attach them or to delete the corresponding entries.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

P.S. After more thoroughly checking, I found several entries for different series where the "AnimeSeriesID" in "AnimeEpisodes"-Table is not filled. In case this is an error, maybe this is a potential checkpoint for consistency check

P.P.S. Seems like I have to manually identify the related series and introduce it in the Group/Series structure. The eps are automatically connected at the next import session

FdL

Portal Pro
    April 17, 2009
    HP.P.S. Seems like I have to manually identify the related series and introduce it in the Group/Series structure. The eps are automatically connected at the next import session

You mean for TVDB, right? What do you mean by manually identify? From the UI TVDB option?

With the previous versionI didn't have so much luck, I think.

FdL

Portal Pro
    April 17, 2009
    My interface got broken too, in the episode list screen for a series now there's a date (?), which I don't know what I'd use for actually, and that starts too far to the right so it ends onscreen. Also, basically what's bad of this is not being able to see the Watched status...Mediastream skin.

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    HP.P.S. Seems like I have to manually identify the related series and introduce it in the Group/Series structure. The eps are automatically connected at the next import session

You mean for TVDB, right? What do you mean by manually identify? From the UI TVDB option?

With the previous versionI didn't have so much luck, I think.

No, I mean for AnimeDB. A Group&Series entry was completely missing in the DB and had to be manually established with the correct AnimeDB ID and Title in the Manager Tab in MPConfig.

Cheers,

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    yhoogi said:
    AnimeDB is also providing relations info (previous, other, sequel) with links.
    Is it possible to use the info for implementing shortcut links in the eps-view?

Do you mean the ability to navigate between sequels/prequels/etc for a series?
    If so we have plans along these lines already

yhoogi said:
    While importing my older series, I discovered that sometimes the description is not imported. Is there a functionallity to enforce a re-read of such properties? (I am currently cut and past these infos manually in the specific fields)

Yes, you can highlight the group/series and bring up the Context menu.
    Then Select "AniDB >>> Update Info from AniDB"

Raytestrak said:
    Thanks for the new release! I do have to warn mediaportal users that the japanese fonts BREAK the skin. The main menu is al screwed up, don't know if it breaks other places yet. I'll see if I can find the cause and post a fix. Will also take a look at the skin files, to keep it consistent with mptvseries.

How is the episode watched/unwatched icon controlled? I'm asking because for MediaStream, the location of the watched/unwatched icon is in the corner of the episode thumb, but this stays unavailable and unwatched.
    If I revert back to my old skinfiles, the new icons are gone, but I can't fnd the proper entries in the new skin files.
    I want to change them, because now it looks more like streamedmp then mediastream.

I've posted two images of the correct main menu and the screwed up menu. It's not only alligned incorrect, but the bigger font seems fuzzy to me, or could this be my imagination? I've also included the series screen for mptvseries for mediastream and for anime2, to show what I mean by it not being consistent.

Edit: It's not my imagination. I've also seen textcorruption. Went back to the old dll for the fonts, cleared the cache, restored the fonts.xml from the original mediastream skin but I still have japanese fonts? (with japanese xml that is of course). The japanese looks great, not that I can read it

I'll leave the questions about Japanese fonts to mpiva, as I am not using them at the moment.
    Not sure what has happened to the main menu, will need to take a look.
    Everything looks fine when I run MediaStream, but I am not running in 1920x1080.
    I have a feeling I will need to do some new icons for different resolutions.

FdL said:
    My interface got broken too, in the episode list screen for a series now there's a date (?), which I don't know what I'd use for actually, and that starts too far to the right so it ends onscreen. Also, basically what's bad of this is not being able to see the Watched status...Mediastream skin.

Did you make sure to copy over the image files from the Media folder, this needs to be done separately as of 2 releases ago.

FdL

Portal Pro
    April 17, 2009
    Did you make sure to copy over the image files from the Media folder, this needs to be done separately as of 2 releases ago.

What does this mean? I installed the new build as I always did. The last one I had installed was .9 though.

What do I have to copy where?

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

What does this mean? I installed the new build as I always did. The last one I had installed was .9 though.

What do I have to copy where?

Previously you could copy the whole release directly into your "MediaPortal" folder.

You can still do that except for the "media" folder.
    This now has to be copied manually to the skin of your choice.

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Raytestrak said:
    How is the episode watched/unwatched icon controlled? I'm asking because for MediaStream, the location of the watched/unwatched icon is in the corner of the episode thumb, but this stays unavailable and unwatched.
    If I revert back to my old skinfiles, the new icons are gone, but I can't fnd the proper entries in the new skin files.
    I want to change them, because now it looks more like streamedmp then mediastream.

I've posted two images of the correct main menu and the screwed up menu. It's not only alligned incorrect, but the bigger font seems fuzzy to me, or could this be my imagination? I've also included the series screen for mptvseries for mediastream and for anime2, to show what I mean by it not being consistent.

Edit: It's not my imagination. I've also seen textcorruption. Went back to the old dll for the fonts, cleared the cache, restored the fonts.xml from the original mediastream skin but I still have japanese fonts? (with japanese xml that is of course). The japanese looks great, not that I can read it

I'll leave the questions about Japanese fonts to mpiva, as I am not using them at the moment.
    Not sure what has happened to the main menu, will need to take a look.
    Everything looks fine when I run MediaStream, but I am not running in 1920x1080.
    I have a feeling I will need to do some new icons for different resolutions.

I've just ordered a 1920x1080 monitor mostly for this, editting the xml's sitting in front of my tv was starting to become a hassle :D Could you please tell me how the watched icons in the listcontrol are handled? Like I said, I would like to change them to make it look more like MediaStream and less like StreamedMP. The small fonts of the date aren't present anywhere in Mediastream, and the only reference to the the watched/unwatched icons are the one over the thumbs. Can't find a reference to the new icon files in the skill anywhere, are they hardcoded in the plugin somehow? Same goes for the number of watched and unwatched episodes and the anime2_ListIcon image. Can these be made configurable by labels?

I've tried to edit the myhome.xml in order to get the alignment right, but didn't get it to work. Altough it looks nice, personally I'd wait before using the japanese fonts. I've seen pixelation around the fonts, the bigger fonts in the main menu looked fuzzier and the fadelabels aren't fluid anymore. Could be my onboard X3100 gpu which which can't handle it correctly of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom