Home Country
Australia Australia

ramyad

Portal Pro
November 21, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hello,

Can I add my own manual Fanart/Posters locally instead of reading from online sources? If so, how can I do that. The reason why I want to do this is becasue some anime have bad/invalid posters.

Also, if I do add a poster or fanart to TVDB for example, how do I refresh in JMM Desktop so it downloads it?

Thanks.

Last edited:

kaigame

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 9, 2005
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Hello,

Can I add my own manual Fanart/Posters locally instead of reading from online sources? If so, how can I do that. The reason why I want to do this is becasue some anime have bad/invalid posters.

Also, if I do add a poster or fanart to TVDB for example, how do I refresh in JMM Desktop so it downloads it?

Thanks.
    Haven't tried this....

but fanart default location is:
    c:\Program Files\JMM Server\Images
    TvDB fan art is in c:\Program Files\JMM Server\Images\TvDB\fanart\original\TvDB\fanart\original

Still, the file name needs to match up with the TvDB ID if there is one. I added a few TvDB images for Eureka Seven AO, didn't take very long for them to show up in JMM, although i couldn't tell you the exact time it took.

Also make sure that you are using the correct TvDB ID, i had a few incorrect matches (Blade Anime for example), but you can always verify by checking the site directly.

ramyad

Portal Pro
    November 21, 2011
    Home Country
    Hello,

Thanks.
    Haven't tried this....

but fanart default location is:
    c:\Program Files\JMM Server\Images
    TvDB fan art is in c:\Program Files\JMM Server\Images\TvDB\fanart\original\TvDB\fanart\original

Still, the file name needs to match up with the TvDB ID if there is one. I added a few TvDB images for Eureka Seven AO, didn't take very long for them to show up in JMM, although i couldn't tell you the exact time it took.

Also make sure that you are using the correct TvDB ID, i had a few incorrect matches (Blade Anime for example), but you can always verify by checking the site directly.

Thank you! I will give that a try and let you know how I get on.

ramyad

Portal Pro
    November 21, 2011
    Home Country
    Another quick question: In Anime2, it was possible to disable subtitles as a default. Where is the option in Anime3 to not display susbtitles by default?

Thanks.

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    How to edit or fix incorrect community recomendations?
    to name just two of many.
    I can delete these links but they just reappear.

Ah yeah I need to add an option to block a series from automatically using someone else's recommendations.
    Otherwise it will keep picking it up
    http://code.google.com/p/jmm/issues/detail?id=203

Hello,

Thanks.

There should really be any "bad" images in TvDB, unless the link is wrong.
    But you can disable any of the images if you don't like them.

JMM Server will automatically updated TvDB data/images every 24 hours.
    But you can force an update yourself from the series in the collection tab.
    Under TvDB and Other links

Argai

Portal Member
    January 1, 2012
    Argai said:
    I have been playing with the torrents download.
    The webgui works, but I still have some problems/remarks
    -- BakaBT does not work. I did reset the cookie, i even deleted everything with ccleaner. I took some torrents I know do exist on bakaBt and put these in the searchfield under downloads. (eg asura cryin, Kimi to Boku, Fairy tail) with Zero results

-- Nyaa en Tokyo gives always a ton of results, but the details are often wrong.
    Kimo to Boku (you and I) gives the details of No longer human; fairy tail episodenr gives the details of Guin Saga or Shaman King or Rurouni kenshin
    I don't know of the problem lies at the differend torrent sites or the uploaders give the wrong details.
    It is not concistantly, Yesterday I downloaded 11eyes and got wrong details on these as well. The fileslist of the download was correct. After searching again on 11eyes, the details showed were correct.​
    Obviously you have you entered you BakaBT username and password in the settings if you can reset the cookie. When you pressed the Test and Save button, did it say it logged in successfully?
    Could you restart JMM Desktop, try browsing BakaBT, and then attach your JMM Desktop log here?

If you are referring to the details that show down below the search results. This doesn't actually come from the torrent site.
    It is actually just an attempt to search your local collection based on the name of the torrent. A lot of the time it will get it wrong, especially if you don't have that series in your collection. I should probably make this a bit clearer.
    The reason it is there is so you can see what files you have locally (and by which sub groups) before you download a torrent.

Well, I've playing with downloads for a while. I made a comparisson with the cookies in firefox by logging in on bakabt en search. I assume that JMM has its own cookie-manager. I noticed that after a search, there was an cookie added. This is not vissible in the logfile. But if it is not related, just ignore it.
    The username and password are correct, i copy and pasted is from my pass-manager. And loggin in on the website gives no problem.
    After hitting the button Test and Save, i got the message 'connection succesfully'. However, I did not got a message 'loggin succesfully' I don't know if it makes a difference. Hopefully the logfile can clear things up. Perhaps I'm missing something. Just let me know if you need more info on this.

Oh, thanks for clearing up the details-tab in the downloads section

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Sorry for late reply.
    'Connected Successfully' is all you need.

Have you tried using the browse torrents for BakaBT?
    This should be the simplest test.
    If this doesn't work could you attach the desktop logs here again

I see one response from BakaBT where the search timed out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom