My Anime plugin (2 Viewers)

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
At first glance, no, it doesn't fix my problem. But I've only replaced the AnimePlugin.dll file from the old, so is it because of that? You see, I use my own template files so I don't really want to replace those and I can't imagined that replacing the database file is needed... Or am I wrong?

Yeah you should just need to replace the DLL.
If you are using your own skin files you will need to make sure you that they have all the same fields as the ones i release.
Have a look at your error.log and see what is there. If you are using XP, it is most likely here
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\log

Also, <br/> shows up on some anime descriptions and some special character codes like &auml; is also visible.

Yeah this is a known problem, will look at soon.

When the web service is enabled, the first episode of Rosario + Vampire from Ayako-BakaWolf gets identified incorrectly as Rocket girls episode 10 - Orbiter.
If I use the new feature from 0.28 to re-process the files, the wrong info is retrieved from the WS.
If I disable the WS and re-process the files again, the correct info is retrieved from anidb.

Ah yeah if the info on the web service is incorrect, you will keep getting the wrong data.
I will modify the re-process function to always use AniDB and then update the web service with the correct data

On another note, there are also some issues with dual episodes.
When scanning for gaps, dual episodes show up as missing although they are available and identified.

Oh yeah haven't catered for dual episodes in this functionality. Will have a think about how to handle it.

dragone17

Portal Member
March 10, 2008
Home Country
Italy Italy
I don't know what i did but i made a mess, so I restarted with an empty database...

Now Soul eater's episodes are recognized correctly, like all other anime that are present on anidb (it's a pity that some fansub group didn't insert all episodes so the plugin can't recognize them, maybe i'll ask them to complete).
I disabled the webservice so the plugin didn't download incorrect information, and after rebuilding the db i uploaded the new information. It should have overwritten the old information, right?

The search on myanimelist didn't find some anime, like zero no tsukaima, slayers or gurren lagann. maybe it's because a search with the anime name find more than 1 result?

the last little thing, in the admin page the plugin reminds me to download the version 0.26 despite i have the 0.28...

thank you

Aemony

Portal Member
January 18, 2009
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
At first glance, no, it doesn't fix my problem. But I've only replaced the AnimePlugin.dll file from the old, so is it because of that? You see, I use my own template files so I don't really want to replace those and I can't imagined that replacing the database file is needed... Or am I wrong?

Yeah you should just need to replace the DLL.
If you are using your own skin files you will need to make sure you that they have all the same fields as the ones i release.
Have a look at your error.log and see what is there. If you are using XP, it is most likely here
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\log

It would seem as if it only was a temporary problem, since restarting my computer fixed it. Probably the old DLL file was cached or something.

And my template files are nothing more than modified files from the 0.2.7 release, so they should be correct.

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
I disabled the webservice so the plugin didn't download incorrect information, and after rebuilding the db i uploaded the new information. It should have overwritten the old information, right?

Yup it should :)

The search on myanimelist didn't find some anime, like zero no tsukaima, slayers or gurren lagann. maybe it's because a search with the anime name find more than 1 result?

Yeah if it finds more than one result, it will not automatically download the information.
You can go into the series, and using the search and see what it finds.

Sometimes it won't find anything if AniDB and MAL are using different names, so you may need to try a smaller search criteria

the last little thing, in the admin page the plugin reminds me to download the version 0.26 despite i have the 0.28...
thank you

Will take a look

Aemony

Portal Member
January 18, 2009
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
BUG!
The plugin seems to count every single file in a folder as an episode when in the main view.

I had the Green Green (TV) anime located in one folder which contained the 12 episodes, 1 special and a text document. This was recognized as 14/12 episodes in the main view, but correctly as 13/12 episodes within the series view. When I deleted the text document within the folder the plugin immediately listed 13/12 episodes in the main view again.

dragone17

Portal Member
March 10, 2008
Home Country
Italy Italy

Yeah if it finds more than one result, it will not automatically download the information.
You can go into the series, and using the search and see what it finds.

Sometimes it won't find anything if AniDB and MAL are using different names, so you may need to try a smaller search criteria

ehm, how can I do a search with smaller criteria?
I didn't find any command to do this... I know only the search command into the admin page, and that search using the series name (the one that doesn't download anything 'cos there are multiple results).
it's a stupid question, i know, but...

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
ehm, how can I do a search with smaller criteria?
I didn't find any command to do this... I know only the search command into the admin page, and that search using the series name (the one that doesn't download anything 'cos there are multiple results).
it's a stupid question, i know, but...

Go into the actual series and press the "Info" button
Then press F9 if you are using a keyboard, or the "Info" button on the remote control.
Should be the same button you use for searching IMDB.

That will bring up an option for manual search.

dragone17

Portal Member
March 10, 2008
Home Country
Italy Italy
ok, i'm an idiot.
I never saw the "info" button so I couldn't find the manual search command.
I don't know if it's regular or it's a bug, but if I use the "original" style for the folders the button doesn't appear.
I switched to the simplified style, the button appeared and now it's all ok.
Before that I used to do the MAL search only from the admin page...

thank you

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
I never saw the "info" button so I couldn't find the manual search command.
I don't know if it's regular or it's a bug, but if I use the "original" style for the folders the button doesn't appear.
I switched to the simplified style, the button appeared and now it's all ok.
thank you

Yeah I have not been maintaining the original view very well, I'll go back and fix that up soon.

NOTE- This release contains changes to the DLL and XML files

FIXED: The re-process files function will now alos remove any data existing on the web service as well
FIXED: only video files are now counted towards the "X/X Episodes" shown on the left side of the screen
CHANGED: Fixed some spacing in display of series info on the left
ADDED: Now have the option of using a simplified "Last Watched" view, which only shows the last 4 files watched with detailed info
ADDED: Options button/screen which allows you to edit some basic options without exiting MediaPortal itself

Screen23.jpg

Screen24.jpg

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm not sure why, but I can't get the plugin to show my series. I've renamed them all, so they are found by MyTVSeries, but it's becoming quite a collection so I thouht I'd try a seperate plugin for my Anime. I've added the folder with my series, and the folder names appear in the Anime section, but they're all empty.
    I did a file scan, but it doesn't seem to work.

Furthermore, when I enable the anime plugin, all my videos run in the background of MediaPortal. I'm using Mediastream by Pilehave but I have the same problem with Blue3Wide

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom