My Burner - now with Video DVD burning :) (1 Viewer)

dsr96

Portal Member
June 18, 2006
Just a quick question before I try it again. When you say put it on C: do you mean C: (in my case my windows 98 partition) or my os root (this would be e: as I have a dual boot system).

Cheers.

egonspengleruk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    dsr96 said:
    Just a quick question before I try it again. When you say put it on C: do you mean C: (in my case my windows 98 partition) or my os root (this would be e: as I have a dual boot system).

Cheers.

Any root will do :)
    Im trying to work out if its because your files have a very long pathname. All the testing was dont on dir's on the root.

Egon

dsr96

Portal Member
    June 18, 2006
    Sorry, still no joy, here is the config xml file incase you need it.

screenhunter0019fk.jpg

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    to drs96´s problem:

I read he uses windows98.
    Might this cause his problems.
    I know gucky used features of win xp burning engine. don´t know if this is still used in parts by your extension egon.

just a thought.

tomtom

egonspengleruk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    tomtom21000 said:
    to drs96´s problem:

I read he uses windows98.
    Might this cause his problems.
    I know gucky used features of win xp burning engine. don´t know if this is still used in parts by your extension egon.

just a thought.

tomtom

Hey TomTom,

Still doesnt explain why the ISO file isnt being created properly. Could explain why it doesnt burn once the ISO is made.

Drs96,
    Can you try the following next as your now seem to be processing the files ok.
    Open up a DOS window, and change dir to your MP/MyBurner dir.
    Now type in the following

mkisofs.exe -V "MyDvd" -o "c:/temp/dvd/egon.iso" -dvd-video "c:/temp/dvd/dvd_image"

and post what your output of that is. This is the command to take the DVD_Image dir and make an ISO of it.

Egon

dsr96

Portal Member
    June 18, 2006
    The output is:

mkisofs: Unable to make a DVD-Video image

I also had a quick check but there is nothing in the DVD_image folder anymore.

The config file seems to be referencing the created mpg as it includes the line: vob file="C:\temp\DVD\Ivory Coast v Serbia & Montenegro - 21_06_2006.mpg"

By the way, I am using XP Home, I just have 98 installed on a different partition.
    Cheers.

JMH

Portal Member
    June 24, 2006
    London
    Home Country
    England England
    CD is not writeable

Egon

Looks like a great plugin - thanks :D

Probably a fairly trivial problem. When I press My Burner, a dilogue comes up saying "CD is not writeable". I've done the "Click Me", "1,0,0" thing in the plugins config.

I'm using my normal Panasonic DVD+RW discs

Any ideas?

egonspengleruk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    dsr96 said:
    The output is:

mkisofs: Unable to make a DVD-Video image

I also had a quick check but there is nothing in the DVD_image folder anymore.

The config file seems to be referencing the created mpg as it includes the line: vob file="C:\temp\DVD\Ivory Coast v Serbia & Montenegro - 21_06_2006.mpg"

By the way, I am using XP Home, I just have 98 installed on a different partition.
    Cheers.

Ok. Can you go through the motions in MyBurner to burn the MPG from your root dir as we did before. This will do all the conversions, and hopefully create all the vob files in the DVD_Image folder.
    Now try the mkisofs.exe thing again?

Egon

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom