My Daily Comics Plugin (1 Viewer)

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Open up MyDailyComics.xml in an editor (notepad for example). That file is located in your skin folder.
Then do a search for "Comic Image"
There you have these tags;
<width>1000</width>
<height>300</height>
Change them to what works for you. You can also play with the <keepaspectratio> setting it to "no" or "yes" (without quotes). The aspect ratio setting is most likely the one causing it to run off the screen.

eriksdam

Portal Member
June 2, 2009
Stuttgart, Germany
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Nevermind - figured it out, and it did the trick. For my 1360x768 plasma, an image size of 1258x450 centers the picture perfectly.

I also moved the banner to posX 814 instead og 914, which makes the whole banner visible.:D

zilexa

Portal Pro
October 22, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Nevermind - figured it out, and it did the trick. For my 1360x768 plasma, an image size of 1258x450 centers the picture perfectly.

I also moved the banner to posX 814 instead og 914, which makes the whole banner visible.:D

This is exactly what I needed for the XFactor skin!

I am curious though how you read the big Garfield comics... they are a bit too small to read...

eriksdam

Portal Member
June 2, 2009
Stuttgart, Germany
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Sunday comics are a bit of problem! I will fiddle a bit with the height and see if I can come up with something better...

Fiddled! Here goes:

Move buttons to posY 80
Move banner to posY 90
Move comic to posY 178
change comic height to 535

You can adjust those values to taste, of course, but this makes the sunday strips reasonably readable at least :)

@ Zilexa: Thanks again! It took a while to figure out that the file I needed to fiddle with was in the skins folder!

I just made a green selection bar for BleazleWide 7.1 for this plugin. It can be found here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/bleazle-311/how-make-green-selection-bar-unsupported-plugin-60253/#post510143

moesfeld

Portal Pro
September 27, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Is it possible to have .swf (Shockwave Flash) comics and banners or are animated .gif s supported?
I would test myself but my htpc is broken and i´m using the time to collect some cool plugins.
(This is defenately one of the coolest.

TimmyT

Portal Pro
October 18, 2004
Zurich
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
hi moesfeld

it is not possible to view shockwave flash comics (at least I think it isn't, I never tried it but since it is an image container, I would think it isn't possible). Same with animated gifs, I have never tried it... but I would presume that only the first slide of the animated gif file would be displayed.

if you provide me with a comic configuration that contains an animated gif, I'm happy to try it out for you.

Cheers,
TimmyT

eriksdam

Portal Member
June 2, 2009
Stuttgart, Germany
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
If any of you are using this with the BleazleWide skin, Bleazle has made a hover image to fit.

I've atached the XML I currently use for my 1360x768 monitor, the green button overlay and the hover image.

This should make it fairly easy to make it work.

Attachments

• hover_my daily comics.png
    hover_my daily comics.png
    66.2 KB
  • button_My Daily Comics.xml
    30.7 KB
  • MyDailyComics.xml
    30.6 KB

TimmyT

Portal Pro
October 18, 2004
Zurich
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
thanks eriksdam for your xml and the notice about bleazle's hover image... i haven't used BleazleWide so far, but now I definetly have to try it right away...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom