My Films 6.1 released ! (30.06.2014) - V6.1.0.3107 (MP 1.6, 1.7 & 1.8) (2 Viewers)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    @Guzzi,

I added a check for current user when scrobbling. If you want to test here it is. Sorry I did not add the mediainfo handling or test myself as I can't get my test env up :(

Attachments

• TraktPlugin_v6.0.1.1.mpe1
      3.1 MB

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    @ltfearme - just did a quick test from scratch setting up with the wizard and can confirm I get the same error :-( - will have to debug, as the error line doesn't really help ... will come back here when I found something.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    @ltfearme - just did a quick test from scratch setting up with the wizard and can confirm I get the same error :-( - will have to debug, as the error line doesn't really help ... will come back here when I found something.
    ... fixed the issue you had - very strange - no idea, why this changed... in my test, setting up a sample movie catalog now worked as expected.

Attachments

• MyFilms-V6.1.3.1470.mpe1
      32.5 MB

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    @Guzzi, I ran a test with trakt sync and although I commit the watched / rating for a user it does not persist(or maybe it does persist but does not restore). It just returns that they are not watched or rated next time I sync. The username matches the configuration.

EDIT: I found this in the myfilms log:
    Code:
    UpdateMovies() - Trakt updates are for user 'ltpower', but current MyFilms user is 'Default' - no direct updates to DB fields - only updating MUS!

Why does it think my user is Default and not ltpower ?

Attachments

• myfilms.jpg
      myfilms.jpg
      228.1 KB
    • SampleMovies.xml
      116.3 KB
    Last edited:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    @Guzzi, a few other things worth mentioning whilst im updating the MyFilms handler. With MediaInfo resolution I have mapped what I can from your fields but I have assumed all video is progressive. Are you able to add a field for whether or not a video file is interlaced e.g. IsInterlaced. I can then use that field to correctly send the video resolution to trakt e.g. 1080p vs 1080i. No big deal if you don't add it, its more for completion.

Another thing I noticed was that if I use the trakt configuration UI to do a sync as opposed to with-in the MediaPortal GUI automatically, the myfilms handler can't complete because of this error:
    Code:
    [ERR ] [Sync][03]: Error synchronising library, Plugin = 'My Films', Error = 'The type initializer for 'MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIGraphicsContext' threw an exception.'

I haven't tracked down which line it's throwing the exception but im assuming when 'BaseMesFilms.GetMovies(ref myvideos);' is called. As i mentioned this works fine with-in the MediaPortal GUI context but not configuration. Its again not critical or anything, its probably always done this and I just noticed now. Worse case, MyFilms users will not be able to sync from config tool.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    @Guzzi, I ran a test with trakt sync and although I commit the watched / rating for a user it does not persist(or maybe it does persist but does not restore). It just returns that they are not watched or rated next time I sync. The username matches the configuration.

Why does it think my user is Default and not ltpower ?
    I think you mixed the "profile name" - which is simply the name of the config setup with the user name. The username for updating is found on the update tab - activate MUS and write your name in "active user profile name".
    The active user name can also be changed from the GUI: left menu, options, global settings, choose user profile.
    It is of course also still possible, that there is bugs remaining after changing the MF user name handling after trakt multi user feature was removed, but please try setting that profile first and tell me if that works.

EDIT: I found this in the myfilms log:
    Code:
    UpdateMovies() - Trakt updates are for user 'ltpower', but current MyFilms user is 'Default' - no direct updates to DB fields - only updating MUS!
    THis means, that the current "Default" user will not see any changes - however, the changes sent are still persisted for the user ltpower - so if you switch the user within MyFilms to ltpower, you should see the states. When we had multi user user support, MyFilms supported existence of multiple trakt users - plus local users wihtout trakt. Theoretically, if trakt would have supported parallel user logins, changes from all active trakt users would at any time be synced into MyFilms multi user fields - regardless of which user is currently active in the GUI - so if you switch from person a to person b, all would be there. afaik we newver supported more than 1 active trakt user at the time .... BUT: If you had a central config setup, you could have logged in user a on PC-1 and user b on PC-2 - thus all changed would run into the MyFilms multiuser states. In the past, when switching the MyFilms user, the active trakt user was also changed - we lost this with latest API, thus we still can switch uisers within MyFilms, but Trakt will always stay on the one and only one configured user. Thus e.g. scrobbling should only happen, if the user matches - but we can still write updates from trakt to MyFilms, even when MyFilms is currently active with another user name.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    @Guzzi, a few other things worth mentioning whilst im updating the MyFilms handler. With MediaInfo resolution I have mapped what I can from your fields but I have assumed all video is progressive. Are you able to add a field for whether or not a video file is interlaced e.g. IsInterlaced. I can then use that field to correctly send the video resolution to trakt e.g. 1080p vs 1080i. No big deal if you don't add it, its more for completion.
    Unfortunately, this information is currently not persisted within the DB schema - I would have to extend it. Will keep it in mind when I will touch the schema next time.

Another thing I noticed was that if I use the trakt configuration UI to do a sync as opposed to with-in the MediaPortal GUI automatically, the myfilms handler can't complete because of this error:
    Code:
    [ERR ] [Sync][03]: Error synchronising library, Plugin = 'My Films', Error = 'The type initializer for 'MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIGraphicsContext' threw an exception.'

I haven't tracked down which line it's throwing the exception but im assuming when 'BaseMesFilms.GetMovies(ref myvideos);' is called. As i mentioned this works fine with-in the MediaPortal GUI context but not configuration. Its again not critical or anything, its probably always done this and I just noticed now. Worse case, MyFilms users will not be able to sync from config tool.
    I will have to debug this - or at least run it with debug version, so I get a stack trace and a hint where this is happening.
    From memory, I thought, those calls should run without references to GUIGraphicsContext ...
    Edit: Did a quick test and could not reproduce it - will need more time for setup on dev machine I think ...

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    @Guzzi,

Im getting there, I've encountered another road block. It looks like my database is locked, and can't see a way to disable it.
    Code:
    2017-10-13 11:14:54,129 Debug [ 13 | MyFilmsDetail ]: GlobalLockIsActive() - No Global Lock detected ! (DB-Config: 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MyFilms\Catalog\SampleMovies.xml')
    2017-10-13 11:14:54,148 Debug [ 13 | MyFilmsDetail ]: SetGlobalLock() - successfully created global lock ! - C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MyFilms\Catalog\SampleMovies_MONSTERPC.lck
    2017-10-13 11:14:54,171 Debug [ 13 |  BaseMesFilms ]: UpdateMovies() - Updating Field 'CategoryTrakt' from '' to '' - MovieID = '18', Movie = 'Blade Runner' (1982), IMDB = 'tt0083658', Watched = 'True', Rating = '8.2', RatingUser = '-1', CategoryTrakt = ''
    2017-10-13 11:14:54,187 Debug [ 13 |  BaseMesFilms ]: UpdateMovies() - failed saving data to disk - Catalog = 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MyFilms\Catalog\SampleMovies.xml' - reason: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.   at MyFilmsPlugin.BaseMesFilms.UpdateMovies(String config, List`1 movielist)
    2017-10-13 11:14:54,203 Debug [ 13 | MyFilmsDetail ]: RemoveGlobalLock() - removed global lock ! - C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MyFilms\Catalog\SampleMovies_MONSTERPC.lck
    2017-10-13 11:14:54,203  Info [ 13 |  BaseMesFilms ]: UpdateMovies() - Movie Database locked on try '1 of 10' to write, waiting for next retry

Last edited:

Tedketus

Portal Member
    August 23, 2019
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    @Guzzi
    Hi, I’m a longtime MyMovies user. I’m also a former windows media center user using the MyMovies plugin for it. Now that media center is gone, I’ve been searching for a alternative. I’ve tried several different applications, but the effort to bring in my movie and tv series is a lot of work. My movies is great for managing a collection, but much of the data is stuck inside its database. I’m currently using a front end that I bought that has a great exporter to bring out much of metadata out of MyMovies. It’s not so much the movies themselves it’s the tv series. I rip all my media as full rips to my server. The exporter queries the database and creates the xml files and artwork. It also creates xml files for all seasons and episodes with synopsis that are indexed with the title of the dvd or mpls of a Blu-ray. Choose the episode I want to play and the info is passed to the player. In this case media portals integrated player.

MyFilms as it now stands is very usable, and I’d be okay with using it the way it is now. Would you have any interest in looking at extending its capabilities for MyMovies? This would only work for MyMovies users that have 2500 points. I could provide you with example xml files for you to develop against. I know I’m waking an old thread but I thought I would ask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom