My Films 6.1 released ! (30.06.2014) - V6.1.0.3107 (MP 1.6, 1.7 & 1.8) (1 Viewer)

agonmarc

July 18, 2011
Home Country
Spain Spain
Hi, since a few days ago when I access the list of movies MyFilms not appear, but if I change the view (eg the order per year) if that I can see.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi, since a few days ago when I access the list of movies MyFilms not appear,
    That's interesting as I have the same problem. Paraphrasing a little bit: when calling MyFilms instead of seeing the list, cover or any other view I am getting an almost empty screen with an empty list at the right. ONe needs to call up the menu (left click) and select another view before actually getting somthing displayed.

Since there has been no update of MyFilms for a long time, this must be somehow related to MePo changes, but I have no clue where to look for.

bwg

Portal Pro
    December 25, 2007
    Home Country

Media Tweaker

March 24, 2015
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Yep, In Setup Wizard I have followed the steps to create a master setup and saved all the files to a directory on my NAS. I have then proceeded to add some sample files to the database and the master setup (my laptop) sees it all perfectly. I then move over to my HTPC and run the setup wizard again, this time choosing client setup and point it to the directory on my NAS that holds the myfilms.xml file. It then asks "Are you sure you want to copy remote config to local config" to which I say yes and then it says "Successfully copied remote config to local directory!" followed by "MyFilms Setup will now reload the updated MyFilms.xml config file" instant followed by "Cannot copy to local directory - cannot continue!". I've tried this with my Laptop as the master and the HTPC as the client and also the HTPC as the master and the Laptop as the client but nothing seems to work. I just can't figure it out
    Thanks, much clearer. @Guzzi will probably need logs. I'm not sure which ones contain the relevant info for network setup - in such cases I just check my MP log folder when I get an error to see which file(s) has been modified ;). Here is what I would check first:
    • On master - where you successfully created a config - press the 'Central Config' button, at the top of Setup, and check if the settings are correct/as expected(see Central Config in wiki for reference) - this should help determine if issue is in Setup Wizard
    • Is MyFilms.xml (config file) actually copied to\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal on the client as Wizard said at first?
    • If so, can you create a new config (Wizard - local setup) using it? Just to test.
    • If not, can you manually copy MyFilms.xml from master to client on the client (to check folder permissions)
    Checking the above might provide a hint what is causing the issue, if not we'll have to dig deeper.

I have this exact same problem. Running Media Portal 1.10 I have tried everything. The log is the exat same also I have posted it here. Please let me know if this has a fix.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '13' is not valid for 'index'.
    Parameter name: index
    at System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.GetTabPage(Int32 index)
    at System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.TabPageCollection.get_Item(Int32 index)
    at MyFilmsPlugin.MyFilms.Configuration.MyFilmsSetup.MesFilmsSetup_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at MyFilmsPlugin.MyFilms.Configuration.MyFilmsSetup.btnFirstTimeSetupSyncClient_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34014 built by: FX45W81RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    PluginConfigLoader
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Team%20MediaPortal/MediaPortal/PluginConfigLoader.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34239 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    Core
    Assembly Version: 1.10.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.10.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Team%20MediaPortal/MediaPortal/Core.DLL
    MyFilms
    Assembly Version: 6.1.0.3107
    Win32 Version: 6.1.0.3107
    CodeBase: file:///c:/program%20files%20(x86)/team%20mediaportal/mediaportal/plugins/windows/myfilms.dll
    Dialogs
    CodeBase: file:///c:/program%20files%20(x86)/team%20mediaportal/mediaportal/plugins/windows/Dialogs.DLL
    System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
    System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
    System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34230 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    System.Web
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34212 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Web/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Web.dll
    System.Messaging
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Messaging/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Messaging.dll
    RestSharp
    Assembly Version: 103.2.0.0
    Win32 Version: 103.2.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Team%20MediaPortal/MediaPortal/RestSharp.DLL
    System.Data.DataSetExtensions
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Data.DataSetExtensions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.DataSetExtensions.dll
    System.Numerics
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
    Common.Utils
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Team%20MediaPortal/MediaPortal/Common.Utils.DLL
    Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
    Utils
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Team%20MediaPortal/MediaPortal/Utils.DLL
    System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    log4net
    Assembly Version: 1.2.11.0
    Win32 Version: 1.2.11.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Team%20MediaPortal/MediaPortal/log4net.DLL
    Microsoft.GeneratedCode
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34230 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D
    Assembly Version: 1.0.2902.0
    Win32 Version: 9.05.132.0000
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC/Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D/1.0.2902.0__31bf3856ad364e35/Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.dll
    Microsoft.DirectX
    Assembly Version: 1.0.2902.0
    Win32 Version: 5.04.00.2904
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC/Microsoft.DirectX/1.0.2902.0__31bf3856ad364e35/Microsoft.DirectX.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Yep, In Setup Wizard I have followed the steps to create a master setup and saved all the files to a directory on my NAS. I have then proceeded to add some sample files to the database and the master setup (my laptop) sees it all perfectly. I then move over to my HTPC and run the setup wizard again, this time choosing client setup and point it to the directory on my NAS that holds the myfilms.xml file. It then asks "Are you sure you want to copy remote config to local config" to which I say yes and then it says "Successfully copied remote config to local directory!" followed by "MyFilms Setup will now reload the updated MyFilms.xml config file" instant followed by "Cannot copy to local directory - cannot continue!". I've tried this with my Laptop as the master and the HTPC as the client and also the HTPC as the master and the Laptop as the client but nothing seems to work. I just can't figure it out
    Thanks, much clearer. @Guzzi will probably need logs. I'm not sure which ones contain the relevant info for network setup - in such cases I just check my MP log folder when I get an error to see which file(s) has been modified ;). Here is what I would check first:
    • On master - where you successfully created a config - press the 'Central Config' button, at the top of Setup, and check if the settings are correct/as expected(see Central Config in wiki for reference) - this should help determine if issue is in Setup Wizard
    • Is MyFilms.xml (config file) actually copied to\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal on the client as Wizard said at first?
    • If so, can you create a new config (Wizard - local setup) using it? Just to test.
    • If not, can you manually copy MyFilms.xml from master to client on the client (to check folder permissions)
    Checking the above might provide a hint what is causing the issue, if not we'll have to dig deeper.

I have this exact same problem. Running Media Portal 1.10 I have tried everything. The log is the exat same also I have posted it here. Please let me know if this has a fix.
    Please post the MyFilms.xml config file from both the server directory and the client where you got that exception. Sounds, like the copy was not successful and when MyFilms tries to read it, that doesn't work - but I have to check logs as well (MyFilms logs and MP error log).

vote4tux

Portal Member
    December 30, 2007
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi, since a few days ago when I access the list of movies MyFilms not appear,
    That's interesting as I have the same problem. Paraphrasing a little bit: when calling MyFilms instead of seeing the list, cover or any other view I am getting an almost empty screen with an empty list at the right. ONe needs to call up the menu (left click) and select another view before actually getting somthing displayed.

Since there has been no update of MyFilms for a long time, this must be somehow related to MePo changes, but I have no clue where to look for.

That's exactly the problem that I have a view days. And the only change I can remember was an update of the Trakt Plugin. I will try the described workaround this evening.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    I had posted a version compatible with the new Trakt here - and yes, there is not yet an offical version available in repo. If there is some more feedback about it is working fine, I could push it as an update - otherwise I will first add the new features Damien requested for Trakt and push at a later time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom