My Films 6 - Grabber Scripts/Interface (6 Viewers)

TLD

Portal Pro
October 26, 2007
Rainy Washington
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
OK here's the MovPicNFO grabber script and it works quite well as is. and the MPVideoNFO script that i modified to import fanart as the one we were using wasn't working with fanart.

While NFOs created by MPVideos does support multiple fanart i can't get the MPVideoNFO script to import more that 1.
Perhaps someone could see if they could get it to import multiple fanart.
Attached modified MPVideos grabber script - fanarts need to be list separated woth "comma". I also added limitation to "3" (you can remove or modify, if you want, but might be nice to show ppl the ability how to to restrict number of fanarts).

Edit: Of course you need to enable "use script for fanart" in importer to use it, as discussed before - otherwise it'll download fanart from internet...

So i take it the "Fanart Limits" on the "Database Fields" tab in AMCU do not work then with this grabber?

Just looked and even though the Grabber was set to 3 fanarts, 4 fanarts are importing i think 1 default + 3 multi-fanart.

Thank for getting it working for us Guzzi.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    OK here's the MovPicNFO grabber script and it works quite well as is. and the MPVideoNFO script that i modified to import fanart as the one we were using wasn't working with fanart.

While NFOs created by MPVideos does support multiple fanart i can't get the MPVideoNFO script to import more that 1.
    Perhaps someone could see if they could get it to import multiple fanart.
    Attached modified MPVideos grabber script - fanarts need to be list separated woth "comma". I also added limitation to "3" (you can remove or modify, if you want, but might be nice to show ppl the ability how to to restrict number of fanarts).

Edit: Of course you need to enable "use script for fanart" in importer to use it, as discussed before - otherwise it'll download fanart from internet...

So i take it the "Fanart Limits" on the "Database Fields" tab in AMCU do not work then with this grabber?
    Unfortunately not - as they are "deep" in the web grabbing code and include the abilities to test against resolution.
    Not very user friendly to have to places for such options ... hmmm
    Actually, in the script I just used a generic ability of the grabber to limit the number of returned results of a list - in this case number of fanarts - as this is probably not too obvious ;-).

Just looked and even though the Grabber was set to 3 fanarts, 4 fanarts are importing i think 1 default + 3 multi-fanart.
    Yes, that is probably caused by the fanart definition that is still present on "URL Cover" in "key stop" field.
    That is a bit history - and as this was more "a hack", later, I introduced the much more powerful and generic features with a separate fanart field. Also, the directory infos were added, taht allow to grab any other info from directory - we could e.g. easily read the separate "watched" file and grab it's content into a field.
    So I'd vote for removing the old fanart stuff from grabber (and suggest to remove from code completely, as it is imho no more needed).

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country

Unfortunately not - as they are "deep" in the web grabbing code and include the abilities to test against resolution.
    Actually, in the script I just used a generic ability of the grabber to limit the number of returned results of a list - in this case number of fanarts - as this is probably not too obvious ;-).

Yes, that is probably caused by the fanart definition that is still present on "URL Cover" in "key stop" field.
    That is a bit history - and as this was more "a hack", later, I introduced the much more powerful and generic features with a separate fanart field. Also, the directory infos were added, taht allow to grab any other info from directory - we could e.g. easily read the separate "watched" file and grab it's content into a field.
    So I'd vote for removing the old fanart stuff from grabber (and suggest to remove from code completely, as it is imho no more needed).

OK, i think i got it explained in the WIKI write up in the grabber conversation if you want to take a look and see if they are ready Dadeo can edit/move them to the appropriate place in the WIKI.

I think there is no need to have 2 different fanart grabs, it only makes it more confusing for folks, so yes i'm with you on removing the old single fanart grab.

The "Watched" field would probably be a popular item if it could be imported.
    In the MPVideo NFOs it is "<playcount>0</playcount>"

In the MovPivNFO NFOs it is a separate file called "%Filename%.WatchStatus.xml" in the file it is "<watched>False</watched>" so it looks like MovPivNFO doesn't support a watched count only a watched status.

The way that MPVideos lists the movie cast in the NFO makes us import the director and writers into the actors field is there an expression that can remove the them from there, they are also listed in their own sections of the NFO as well.
    An example:

<actor>
    <name>Karyn Kusama</name>
    <role>Director</role>
    <imdb>nm0476201</imdb>
    </actor>
    <actor>
    <name>Phil Hay</name>
    <role>Writer</role>
    <imdb>nm0006534</imdb>
    </actor>
    <actor>
    <name>Matt Manfredi</name>
    <role>Writer</role>
    <imdb>nm0542062</imdb>
    </actor>
    <actor>
    <name>Charlize Theron</name>
    <role>Æon Flux</role>
    <imdb>nm0000234</imdb>
    </actor>

See the director and writers are in the actors list with the <role> denoting director or writer is there a way to exclude entries with the role of director or writer from being imported in this field and still have them imported from the other entries to the proper field.
    example other entries

<director>Karyn Kusama</director>
    <directorimdb>nm0476201</directorimdb>
    <credits>Phil Hay / Matt Manfredi</credits>

Thanks.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007

OK, i think i got it explained in the WIKI write up in the grabber conversation if you want to take a look and see if they are ready Dadeo can edit/move them to the appropriate place in the WIKI.

I think there is no need to have 2 different fanart grabs, it only makes it more confusing for folks, so yes i'm with you on removing the old single fanart grab.

The "Watched" field would probably be a popular item if it could be imported.
    In the MPVideo NFOs it is "<playcount>0</playcount>"

In the MovPivNFO NFOs it is a separate file called "%Filename%.WatchStatus.xml" in the file it is "<watched>False</watched>" so it looks like MovPivNFO doesn't support a watched count only a watched status.
    Argh - no problem to grab that data, but when I just wanted to do it I noticed, we don't have a return field for "watched" status :-(
    Sorry, so let's first finish the base stuff, we'll probably need some more enhancements in the grabber engine to fully support that.

The way that MPVideos lists the movie cast in the NFO makes us import the director and writers into the actors field is there an expression that can remove the them from there, they are also listed in their own sections of the NFO as well.
    [...]

See the director and writers are in the actors list with the <role> denoting director or writer is there a way to exclude entries with the role of director or writer from being imported in this field and still have them imported from the other entries to the proper field.
    example other entries

<director>Karyn Kusama</director>
    <directorimdb>nm0476201</directorimdb>
    <credits>Phil Hay / Matt Manfredi</credits>

Thanks.
    Well, I again rechecked nfo docs, that is imho a bug in MyVideos - there is no way to remove them, as they are listed as actors (which they aren't).
    I'd suggest to report to Deda and let him fix that for 1.3 final.

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    i'll ask Deda but i doubt he will be receptive as in Videos there is the "Cast" section where you can go to look up other movies actor have been in or directors have directed etc. so this section of the NFO is probably used for that in Videos.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Videos NFO format is based on XBMC NFO Movies Format which stupidly lists all cast and crew as actors :( There is a Video .nfo files containing a mix of XML and URL which does not :confused: However, as I think you have discovered TLD there is not really an exact NFO format standard used by everyone.
    Actually, also the original nfo also contains e.g.
    Code:
    <director></director>
    So I would assume, that crew is NOT repeated in the cast section.
    I still think that is nt correct.
    If you check current handling on e.g. TMDB - they make a difference between CREW and CAST. All non actor persons belong to CREW (like writers, directors, producers, music, etc.) - only actors belong to cast.
    So I still think it should be corrected in MyVideo nfo maker.
    And yes, it is a PITA, that we now end up again with 100 different formats :-(
    We really should at least define an MP standard ... as I think the XBMC standard is missing some stuff.
    Afaik Deda already HAS extended/added some stuff - so maybe he should just create a section "crew" and store all non actors there !??

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    DUH - you're right - I was sure I saw director etc. in actor last night (starting to see things ;)) so Videos does NOT conform to the standard it says it does. Ofc, the XBMC standard does not account for writers/producers, etc. as you said, but yes we should request this for Videos. TLD has already reported in the MyVideo 1.3.0 Feedback thread - let's see what Deda says ;)

bwg

Portal Pro
    December 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Just wondering if trailer path/filename can be imported during the grab phase. I use the .nfo grabber (Ember), all trailer files are of the format "<filename>-trailer.mp4". Is this do-able? I have had a play around but can't get this to happen via the grabber script editor.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Just wondering if trailer path/filename can be imported during the grab phase. I use the .nfo grabber (Ember), all trailer files are of the format "<filename>-trailer.mp4". Is this do-able? I have had a play around but can't get this to happen via the grabber script editor.
    Hi, no, unfortunately that is not yet possible. You can add an iussue to the tracker, should be easy to add. While you're checking - is there any other data missing on nfo import?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom