My MPlayer (1 Viewer)

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have one feature request. If possible. When I play a video and press (back button) to go back out of full screen it goes automatic to my root folder. Can you make the functionallity like the my videos?
    This is already on my todo list and eventually be available with the next release.

mpfrank

Portal Pro
    November 6, 2006
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi MisterD,

I just tested your option:

Therefore could you please make another test? What happen if you play a dts track with option "-afm hwac3", because this should also work.

Playing a video with dts track with your option "-afm hwac3" will output dts signal to my amplifier. So it works!!
    BUT: I noticed a difference between video and audio playback around 2 sec. Video and audio is not in sync.
    May be this problem is unique to my system configuration. I think it would be a good idea if somebody else could verify this result.

I would suggest that you try some other video output modes of MPlayer. This can be done with the following options on command line or in MPUI, because the plugin won't work with them at the moment:
    -vo directx:noaccel (DirectX Output without acceleration)
    -vo gl (OpenGL)
    Other Video output modes aren't possible in combination with my plugin.

I tested this options too:

• "-vo gl" didn't work at all. No video output. Error opening the selected video_out (-vo) device
    • "-vo directx:noaccel" works but I cannot see any difference. Even the Vista compatibility msg shows again

Where do I have to insert this global option when using your plugin? By selecting a video extension and write these parameters in the arguments-box?

May I have a wish?

Could you please change the displayed name of your plugin...
    Something without the "my" within the plugin name?
    Like "MisterD Player" or "Mplayer Plugin"...
    Or is it possible to change it individually by modifying a config/txt file?

Cheers
    mpFrank

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    the passthrough option is now part of the plugin and will be available with the next release. I also added an option for the cachesize and a drop down list for the sound output device.

BUT: I noticed a difference between video and audio playback around 2 sec. Video and audio is not in sync.
    You could try this: −autosync 1 or higher value.

Where do I have to insert this global option when using your plugin?
    If you mean the "-vo gl", this shouldn't be set because it won't work at the moment. In general you can set global options at the general tab in the textbox "Optional arguments" These arguments will be always added. The other textboxes for arguments will only be used, when the corresponding format is played.

May I have a wish?
    Feature requests are always welcome.

Could you please change the displayed name of your plugin...
    Something without the "my" within the plugin name?
    Like "MisterD Player" or "Mplayer Plugin"...
    Or is it possible to change it individually by modifying a config/txt file?
    Why don't you like the "my"? But I like your first one ;)
    At the moment you have to change the text file with the source code and rebuild it ;)
    I will think about it, because the setup is getting to complex.

Regards
    MisterD

HappyTalk

Portal Pro
    July 16, 2006
    UK
    I had been trying to add -vo gl myself then reading here I see you say it won't work. I run my nvidia card in clone mode. Using the normal mplayer settings video only appears on the primary monitor. After a bit of playing with gmplayer I realised setting the video driver to either gl or gl2 solved this issue, however attempts to get your plug to also do this failed.

I wonder is there any way to get the cpu advantage using Nvidia PureVideo gives when playing via mplayer codecs?

---Other issues tested using latest svn + Feb18 release ---
    Pressing Jump Fwd exits playback (FFWD also exits in latest svn). After exit playback, you are back at the root of the shares, so then have to re-navigate to try again.

.avi containing ac3 gives no audio (Config|Ac3 pass thru = on/off makes no diff (latest svn) with Feb18 it plays OK but no bypass option). Plays fine with full ac3 pass thru dolby out using MyVideos plug.

Adding new shares in Config|My Mplayer Gui is a bit weird. You add a new one and it appears instead as "New Location" with No Path!, so you then have to add it again (plug doesn't remember last path it was at either, so you have to re-navigate) and THEN delete the "New Location" one. It would be easier if mimiced the current path entry system in MyVideos/MyMusic/MyPhotos.

I know some of these are minor issues, but when they don't work it precludes further testing as frustration sets in. But good work, controlling mplayer ain't easy. I wonder if you have plans to extend it to VLC which is probably a lot more controllable and versatile than mplayer. I presume MPlayer still doesn't do dvd menus?

Cheers

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    I have changed some things of the gui plugin. You are now able to change the displayed name of the plugin as requested by mpfrank. Also the plugin doesn't go back to root when you leave the plugin window.

could you make it with unrar suport?
    This isn't possible, because then there will be no chance to control MPlayer from within MP. The only chance ist to extract the file to a temporary directory and play it from there. But then every player (internal or external) of MP can play this file.

I tried to add support for OpenGL, but I must realize that this won't work in combination with MP. For example with gl2 I have to deactivate the possibility of changing the aspect and switching between full screen and window mode.

Pressing Jump Fwd exits playback (FFWD also exits in latest svn). After exit playback, you are back at the root of the shares, so then have to re-navigate to try again.
    Could you please post a log, because I can't reproduce it.

.avi containing ac3 gives no audio (Config|Ac3 pass thru = on/off makes no diff (latest svn) with Feb18 it plays OK but no bypass option). Plays fine with full ac3 pass thru dolby out using MyVideos plug.
    Since I can't test this scenario, I really need a log. It would be very interesting if you could post logs of both versions and with activate and deactivated option.

For the logs you could use Pastebin: http://pastebin.team-mediaportal.com and only post the links here.

Adding new shares in Config|My Mplayer Gui is a bit weird. You add a new one and it appears instead as "New Location" with No Path!, so you then have to add it again (plug doesn't remember last path it was at either, so you have to re-navigate) and THEN delete the "New Location" one. It would be easier if mimiced the current path entry system in MyVideos/MyMusic/MyPhotos.
    The reason of this behaviour is that I don't want to create another form for editing. This is why you always edit the selected item in the list box, but I will disable the textboxes if there is no item selected in the list box. The setup of the external player has the same behaviour.

I wonder if you have plans to extend it to VLC which is probably a lot more controllable and versatile than mplayer. I presume MPlayer still doesn't do dvd menus?
    There are no plans for integrating VLC in the same way at the moment, because the interface of MPlayer is much easier. MPlayer has no support for dvd menu at the moment and I don't if this will change in the future.

Regards,
    MisterD

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi all,
    I just uploaded a new version to main site. New version number is 0.6. I hope that all known problems are fixed. You can find a change log in my first post.

Any feature request, bug report or just a feedback is still welcome.
    I have only wish if you report a bug: Please attach a log :D Otherwise it is very complicated or impossible for me to find and fix the bug.

Regards,
    MisterD

konti

Portal Member
    September 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Feature request

Wow verry nice what you did! Maybe this doesn't seem like a big plugin for most people, but it really is! The core player of Mediaportal isn't allways to stable. And that of mplayer is!

It's perfect as the plugin is. But, it would be more flexible if it could be used from within the my video's menu? Like the OK / Enter button play's it normally and a different button play's it in the mplayer plugin? That way you only have one my video's.

I hope i'm clear enough with my little english.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Could somebody tell me (and other ignorant ppl), what the benefit of using MPlayer are?

konti

Portal Member
    September 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    1. see opening post

2. mplayer plays everything. e.a. incomplete downloaded video files

3. you have more finetuning instruments

4. i find it more stable then the MP core.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom