My MPlayer (1 Viewer)

CHli

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Switzerland
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Ok i debugged your code (btw very nice coding and project organization...!)

It appears that it happends when you parse this :

ID_LENGTH=1410.48

you replace the "." by a "," which is not correct for some countries, don't have time to look how to get the number separator per region but I'm sure you'll fix this :)

/!\ same for ANS_TIME_POSITION
Thanks !!!

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    thanks for your feedback.

But, it would be more flexible if it could be used from within the my video's menu? Like the OK / Enter button play's it normally and a different button play's it in the mplayer plugin? That way you only have one my video's.
    I know what you mean, but I can't do this. Therefor the core of MP has to be modified. You only can configure my external player plugin to be used instead of the core player. This can be defined for every extension.

Could somebody tell me (and other ignorant ppl), what the benefit of using MPlayer are?
    You have an alternative player in MP, which you can use without reconfiguring MP, doesn't depend on DirectShow and comes with many built-in codecs.

Ok i debugged your code (btw very nice coding and project organization...!)

It appears that it happends when you parse this :

ID_LENGTH=1410.48

you replace the "." by a "," which is not correct for some countries, don't have time to look how to get the number separator per region but I'm sure you'll fix this
    That is exactly what I can see from your log. I didn't know that the number seperator is also depending on the CultureInfo. Thanks for your debugging work and the hint. :D
    I'll fix it and deploy a new version when it's done.

Regards,
    MisterD

Edit: I just uploaded a new version. I hope that the issue is fixed now.

idioteque

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have a suggestion.

when adding shares could the plugin parse the mediaportal.xml and add all the shares that are listed under my video, with path and name :)

anvandarnamn

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    wow this is great!!
    no more use of all these codecs ;-)

just one question... is it impossible to use the osd? i want to be able to use the remote for fastforwarding etc...

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    MPlayer website said:
    Supported Input Formats

* (S)VCD (Super Video CD)
    * CDRwin's .bin image file
    * DVD, including encrypted DVD
    * MPEG-1/2 (ES/PS/PES/VOB)
    * RIFF AVI file format
    * ASF/WMV/WMA format
    * QT/MOV/MP4 format
    * RealAudio/RealVideo format
    * Ogg/OGM files
    * Matroska
    * NUT
    * NSV (Nullsoft Streaming Video)
    * VIVO format
    * FLI format
    * NuppelVideo format
    * yuv4mpeg format
    * FILM (.cpk) format
    * RoQ format
    * PVA format
    * streaming via HTTP/FTP, RTP/RTSP, MMS/MMST, MPST, SDP
    * TV grabbing
    So it can not handle UDP-streams?

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    idioteque said:
    when adding shares could the plugin parse the mediaportal.xml and add all the shares that are listed under my video, with path and name
    When I created the plugin, I planned something like this. I wanted to add an option to setup that you give the ability to use the shares of my music and my video without any additional configuration. But it wasn't easy as expected when I tried to implement this. It's still on the todo list, but I don't know when it will be done.

anvandarnamn said:
    just one question... is it impossible to use the osd? i want to be able to use the remote for fastforwarding etc...
    This isn't possible because MP only supports VMR9 and this plugin and MPlayer is based on other technologies. But you can use your remote with MPlayer, all standard functions of MP are implemented. I also implemented special methods that control the osd of MPlayer. This gives you a minimalistic osd.

moiristo said:
    I guess this plugin is similar to the VLC plugin. Does MPlayer support more file types?
    If you just compare the external player plugins, I would they are comparable. At the moment I don't know the current status of the VLC plugin.
    Since MPlayer and VLC are primarly based on ffmpeg, I think that the list of supported types is almost identical. As far as I know VLC has a basic support for dvd menus.

Spragleknas said:
    So it can not handle UDP-streams?
    UPD-streams are supported by MPlayer and is integrated in my plugin. Look here: http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/man/en/mplayer.1.html
    Not all parts of the documentation and web sites are always up-to-date.

Greetz
    MisterD

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    If you just compare the external player plugins, I would they are comparable. At the moment I don't know the current status of the VLC plugin.
    Since MPlayer and VLC are primarly based on ffmpeg, I think that the list of supported types is almost identical. As far as I know VLC has a basic support for dvd menus.
    Hi misterd,
    Thanks for your great plugin.
    Principal difference between VLC and MPLAYER is that, they doesn't use RTSP stream in the same way.
    I tested both players (alone, without MP) and for french provider (free) RTSP stream, it seems mplayer can't deliver correct stream (no more than 30 seconds before freeze, even with sound and video shifted) where VLC can do it perfectly.
    Therefore, I took a look in VLC plugin code in MP, it appears this is an older code (not sure), for example, you can choose configuration in settings without real config, maybe because the code hasn't been updated since a long time.

Will it be a support for VLC in your plugin for the future, or definitively not ? ;)

Regards.

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    the main problem I recognized when using MPlayer with streams is that you have to specify the cache size. If you don't set a large cache size than you get stuttering, even when you play a stream from a web server on the same pc.

As far as I know there are two VLC plugins. The one included in MP, which uses the ActiveX component of VLC. But this ActiveX component doesn't support all features of VLC. The other one is included in the mp-plugins SVN which makes native accesses to VLC. The main advantage of this approach is that you can you use almost every feature of VLC, but it is more complicated. But I think that both plugins don't support all possible features of VLC, so there is still a lot of things to do.

framug said:
    Will it be a support for VLC in your plugin for the future, or definitively not ?
    This is a good question. Before I can give you an answer, I have to clarify something. The main focus of my devleopment is that you can use MPlayer like the internal players in MP. I started with an external player plugin and than I had to realize that MP doesn't support external player plugins for every media type. The gui plugin I created for My MPlayer is my approach to solve this problem. An other advantage of this approach is that you can use MPlayer in this gui plugin and normally use the internal players. Also this approach isn't limited to this gui plugin, which means that other plugins can do the same "trick", if they wan't.
    As already mentioned in this thread I don't plan to create a VLC plugin, because I think there are already 2 plugins and we don't need a third one. Also I don't have the time to develop and maintain such an VLC plugin and My MPlayer alone.
    But if there is enough interest in the community and someone else will help me, I can and will add support for this VLC plugin to my gui plugin. The result will be something like a "My External Player" plugin.
    I know that you have expected an other answer, but this is the current situation.

Regards,
    MisterD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom