My MPlayer (1 Viewer)

moiristo

Portal Pro
November 17, 2006
Enschede
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
As I am the developer of the (2nd) VLC plugin, I'll clarify some things. Because I do not have access to the mediaportal SVN, since I'm not an official developer, I maintain the vlc plugin in the plugins SVN. I wrote a small frontend for it (the IPTV@UT) plugin to play udp streams, so the latest version of the vlc plugin can always be found in the zip of the IPTV@UT plugin. Things like playing vid recording and timeshifting can easily be realised, but I can only display OSD that is integrated into VLC. Recently, somebody came up with the idea to let VLC transcode streams on the fly, thus enabling the internal videoplayer to play the output stream, so I am awaiting the functionality of that before I continue the plugin. I'll try your plugin this week, maybe I'll get some new ideas..

stanik

Portal Pro
October 10, 2006
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Hi.

1st I must say GREAT plugin. Realy good work.

So I have a few wishes or questions:

1. Its posible change subtitles position from video screen to leterbox labels?
2. How I can change subtitles font size?
3. How I can change code page or choose encoding for font in subtitles? (I need Win1250 for correct czech symbols).

Thank for answers :)

lumpy

Portal Member
January 25, 2007
Ok I am Mential. I was looking for a typical readme.txt not a pdf file, had to install a pdf viewer to readit. did not realize it requires a current CVN checkout to work. That really needs to be in bold on the first post that it needs a beta/alpha CVN install not a stable install.

Works good, I am trying to pound on it now to see what it can not handle. It plays more "strange" Mpeg2 files than the built in player does. I get my Tv shows from a friends MythTV box and the shows his PVR-350 records will not play on a standard mediaportal install. Mplayer plays them fine.

Thanks!

One Feature request. you dont have a way to delete the files after watching like the my Videos has. That would be a very good function to add.

Hawkeye

Portal Pro
January 29, 2005
Halle (Saale)
Home Country
Germany Germany
did not realize it requires a current CVN checkout to work. That really needs to be in bold on the first post that it needs a beta/alpha CVN install not a stable install.

AFAIK there's also a version included for the stable release (folder "bin-0.2.2" or something like that)...

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    I'm still working on the plugin, but at the moment I have not much time to work on it. So please be patient.

So I have a few wishes or questions:

1. Its posible change subtitles position from video screen to leterbox labels?
    2. How I can change subtitles font size?
    3. How I can change code page or choose encoding for font in subtitles? (I need Win1250 for correct czech symbols).

Thank for answers :)
    1. This isn't possible at the moment and I don't think that it would be possible in the future. The reason is that the aspect handling of MPlayer is deactivated when you use my plugin. This all done by MP and my plugin.
    2. I would suggest that you read the manual of MPlayer (http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/man/en/mplayer.1.html#OSD/SUBTITLE OPTIONS). Perhaps this could work: −subfont-text-scale <0−100> (FreeType only).
    3. It would be the best, if you could try some options. I suggest the following from the manual: −subcp <codepage> (iconv only)
    −subcp enca:<language>:<fallback codepage> (ENCA only)
    or −subfont-encoding <value> (FreeType only)
    If you know the right option, I will see if I can add an option to setup.

did not realize it requires a current CVN checkout to work. That really needs to be in bold on the first post that it needs a beta/alpha CVN install not a stable install.

AFAIK there's also a version included for the stable release (folder "bin-0.2.2" or something like that)...
    You are right. The folder "bin-0.2.2" is for the stable release.

One Feature request. you dont have a way to delete the files after watching like the my Videos has. That would be a very good function to add.
    I will have a look at this and try to implement it.

Regards,
    MisterD

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just a small update:
    Today I implemented some of your feature requests:
    - Ability to delete items
    - You can now use the shares of my video and my music.

A new version will be released soon, but I trying some other things. But you can find the current source code in the mp-plugins SVN:
    Code:
    https://mp-plugins.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/mp-plugins/trunk/plugins/My MPlayer

Regards,
    MisterD

lumpy

Portal Member
    January 25, 2007
    Found a BUG

In an attempt to play some friends mythtv recordings I added the .nuv extension and it completely crashes the plugin.

.nuv is a nupplevideo format that mplayer happily plays, adding it to the extensions for the mplayer external plugin causes the plugin to crash and upon trying to get back in to remove it it now says "the mplayer_ext plugin is incompatible with this version of mediaportal" where as it worked fin 30 seconds earlier.

lumpy

Portal Member
    January 25, 2007
    Update

I now see that the NUV already existed, adding it again caused the error.

Interesting. is that a simple bug then and it causes the whole thing to fail because the config file is wonky?

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That is exactly what I have reproduced here. The reason is that my plugin can't parse its own configuration file when an extensions exists twice in the list.

I will add additional checks in setup and error handling in the next release.

:D for reporting the bug.

Regards
    MisterD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom