My Music - need your thoughts on how to improve and enhance (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Confusedpenguin

Portal Member
December 20, 2005
UK
Steve, you are the man!

Is there any way to tell it not to shuffle the songs once you've pressed the play button on an album (ie. just play them as the standard album order)

Brocklander

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2004
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Confusedpenguin said:
    Is there any way to tell it not to shuffle the songs once you've pressed the play button on an album (ie. just play them as the standard album order)

In the MP setup program, there's an option that's something like 'shuffle playlists', try turning this off perhaps?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If This means i can delete my playlist of 200 odd albums and just PLAY
    complete Folder HEAVEN. Will try as soon as i can get the kids of the pc

Thanks Steve

8)

Tech Geek

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2006
    Denver, CO USA
    Ok, I like the ability to PLAY an entire folder... was actually ready to suggest the idea until I read through this thread. Now... what keystroke shortcut do I use for the play button on the remote. I have the latest CVS version installed and using ENTER doesn't work. Or wasn't it in CVS yet?

LordMessi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 4, 2005
    Ørsø, Dronninglund, Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    SteveV - thank you for the Play setting, I really appriciate it.

Some extras things, I would like you to think about:

1. Do a shortcut button for the now playing screen - for the MCE remote I propose the blue button - but what ever, just a shortcut button.

2. Have two settings on the now playing screen...the first is the one that's already there now. The second one would be used when you play an album either MP3 or CD - i'll try to show you with a mockup...

mymusic-nowplaying2.jpg

So you should be able to switch to this screen - and the dot represents the current playing (perhaps another icon would be better 8) )

3. Could we store the album info locally - instead of looking it up each time?

Furetto

Moderator - Dutch Forums
    April 11, 2005
    Brussels
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Must be one of my first posts. Motivated by HUGE appreciation of the changes you made to MyMusic. MediaPortal suddenly became much more useful to me with these changes.

Main reason, feedback on the Playing Now window, which I had been waiting for without knowing it. I think I found a minor glitch.

While playing some music, being in Artist View, pressing Play on an Album, thus being in Now Playing view, I entered a DVD in my drive. My setting is set to "ask about play DVD". Music went on, popup window came up with choice "Yes / No", but then appeared at the bottom left the Album Thumbnail/Visualisations window and track name display as in the "old" Music Play window.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom