My Music - need your thoughts on how to improve and enhance (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Boston, Massachusetts USA
    Re: My Music - need your thoughts on how to improve and enha

hakuna said:
    SteveV said:
    35.) [DONE] Ability to update coverart for entire share / ability to update coverart for albums with missing cover art
    Great work so far SteveV!

This is from memory, and I am sorry if it is already noted somewhere in the gigantic thread.
    I have a bug with this one, in RC3, with at least MCE skin:
    When searching for cover art, the "skip" button is green, but it is not active. It remains green when changeing to "cancel scan".
    So, it's difficult to know what happens when I press Enter...

It is not so obvious (at my first try), to see what is artist, song or album. Is there cover for the songs, or for the album?

/Niclas

Fixed and comitted to CVS. Thanks for the report.

knutinh

Portal Pro
    September 4, 2005
    I would like a switch, either in setup or in My music where the default behaviour when clicking a song can be set to "play now", "play next" or "add to current playlist". (I now know that this can be done by right-clicking, but visitors using my remote controll dont know that).

Remove the "play" symbol in the lower left corner of the GUI- it looks like a play button and drunken visitors try to click it in vain.

I have a black "block" that appears in in the middle of the screen, obscuring view of files, and occasionally the album art will be covered by a similar black block. It vanishes when I go to "playing now" and then back again.

Change behaviour for the playlist - when navigating with a keypad I would like to go to the same action in the negihbor row, not to the first item. For example, when deleting song#2, pressing arrow up should send me to delete for song#1.

regards and thanks for the good work
    k

Rene.71

Portal Member
    January 10, 2005
    Vlaardingen
    SteveV said:
    Rene.71 said:
    Would it be possible to load the available WMP plugins while playing music through the WMP engine ?

I don't know for sure but would guess that the same plugins are loaded when MP is controling WMP in No UI mode as when it's WMP running in full UI mode. What is it you're trying to do?

When I play music through WMP, it loads the VL (VolumeLogic) plugin, which shows on the taskbar and noticibly enhances the music output. When playing music through MP's WMP engine on the other hand, there is no icon in the taskbar, and the audio isn't "enhanced".

But I must admit that it has been a while since I tried it.... I need to put RC3 on the machine and try again.

Teebor

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2006
    UK
    I didnt see this listed, and I am not sure if its practical?

Streaming music via some sort of web browser access? Maybe using Apache or IIS? or possibly using winamp/media player

Possibly included streaming for tv and pre-recorded video as well?

Would be great for watching tv/movies/listening to music from work.

Of course I still have not discovered all of MP's features yet so those are probably already there :p

eagle

Portal Pro
    September 25, 2004
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    SteveV said:
    eagle said:
    Hi SteveV,

hopefully the busy days are over :D , so I can make a request which has been made some month (years?) ago (not in this thread, as far as I can remember):

can you make it possible to burn an audio-cd from playlist? It should be possible with Gucky's burner-plugin. The playlist should be limited to 79 Minutes to fit on a cd-r.

Would be great, if you can manage it :D

eagle

I'll add this to the list--thanks for the suggestion.

Thanks a lot, it's the idea of my 8year old son. I made him a playlist out of 70th Deep Purple Hits and he asked me to burn a cd out of it.
    :D

eagle

PHN2

Portal Member
    September 12, 2005
    Denmark
    SteveV: "In order to get tagging working you'll need to launch Configuration.exe and make sure you have a ".ape" entry in Music-->Music Extensions"
    That not enough, if not added in music ext. ape will not play at all. Even with the ext. added tagging is still off....

Regards, Per.

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Boston, Massachusetts USA
    PHN2 said:
    SteveV: "In order to get tagging working you'll need to launch Configuration.exe and make sure you have a ".ape" entry in Music-->Music Extensions"
    That not enough, if not added in music ext. ape will not play at all. Even with the ext. added tagging is still off....

Regards, Per.

Which music player are you using? If it's an external player youi'll need to add .ape extension in plugin configuration as well.

ZmooZa

March 24, 2006
    Hi there!
    Well, I don't know if this bug was fixed already (or if it is one ;> )
    If it was fixed, simply ignore this post ! (I'm using 2.0 RC3 (no CVS))

If I do a Cover Search with more than 100 albums,
    the Progress bar stops at number 100 (see screenshot ... (this is not cover art #100 but about #200)
    and the percentage-counter stops as well.
    Except for this, the program itself continues flawless untill the end. (screenshot)

Apart from this minor bug, everything works fine !
    Thanks a lot for your hard work !

Efros

Portal Pro
    January 23, 2006
    Maine
    Home Country
    England England
    normalisation

In WMP there is an option to normalize all track volumes in the library. Does MP use this and if not is there a likelihood of it happening?

Corve

Portal Member
    September 27, 2005
    SteveV, for skinners, it could be very usefull : The ability to display differents music overlay function of the screen where you are..

Is it possible without spend a lot of time?

Thanks for your work :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom