My Music - need your thoughts on how to improve and enhance (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmask

Portal Member
February 20, 2006
PHN2 said:
Hi.

Searched many threads but got directed this way:

Does MP fully support .ape files? My tags shows up fine the first time entering the folder, but afterwards all files within folder shows up as "unknown". Any pointers?

Great work on my music!!!

Regards, Per.

no
neither flac/ape (althou you can add extensions via configuration app & play using appropriate codec or external player (I use foobar))

neither single image flac/ape cue playlist (which one I really hope for, as this is the only feature I miss :) )

neither embedded cue flacs or ID info

PHN2

Portal Member
September 12, 2005
Denmark
Yes, .ape music plays just fine through foobar, but the tagging....Hope its coming, since .ape/.flac and the likes are so much better than MP3...

Regards, Per.

hakuna

Portal Pro
October 15, 2004
Gothenburg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Re: My Music - need your thoughts on how to improve and enha

SteveV said:
35.) [DONE] Ability to update coverart for entire share / ability to update coverart for albums with missing cover art
Great work so far SteveV!

This is from memory, and I am sorry if it is already noted somewhere in the gigantic thread.
I have a bug with this one, in RC3, with at least MCE skin:
When searching for cover art, the "skip" button is green, but it is not active. It remains green when changeing to "cancel scan".
So, it's difficult to know what happens when I press Enter...

It is not so obvious (at my first try), to see what is artist, song or album. Is there cover for the songs, or for the album?

/Niclas

zombiepig

Portal Pro
March 21, 2005
Melb, Aus
Home Country
rmask said:
neither flac/ape (althou you can add extensions via configuration app & play using appropriate codec or external player (I use foobar))

huh? i've got hundreds of flac files on my pc which mp plays internally just fine and all the tags work natively with the database. only thing you have to do is make sure you have a directshow decoder for the format installed, i use the illiminable filters you can download from http://www.illiminable.com/ogg/.

rmask

Portal Member
February 20, 2006
EqualRightsForWerewolves said:
rmask said:

huh? i've got hundreds of flac files on my pc which mp plays internally just fine and all the tags work natively with the database. only thing you have to do is make sure you have a directshow decoder for the format installed, i use the illiminable filters you can download from http://www.illiminable.com/ogg/.

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Boston, Massachusetts USA
    eagle said:
    Hi SteveV,

hopefully the busy days are over :D , so I can make a request which has been made some month (years?) ago (not in this thread, as far as I can remember):

can you make it possible to burn an audio-cd from playlist? It should be possible with Gucky's burner-plugin. The playlist should be limited to 79 Minutes to fit on a cd-r.

Would be great, if you can manage it :D

eagle

I'll add this to the list--thanks for the suggestion.

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Re: thanks

jw said:
    i've been followin MP for a couple months now, and i want to say thanks to SteveV for the work he's put into the music plugin.

It's swayed my choice from mythtv to a windows based MC.

THANKS!

Glad we could sway you over to the dark side :D

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Rene.71 said:
    Would it be possible to load the available WMP plugins while playing music through the WMP engine ?

Right now i'm using winamp as player, because that way the (winamp) volumelogic plugin gets loaded. I also have the WMP version available, but that won't load through mediaportal.

Since the WMP visualizations get loaded, it might as wel be possible / just as easy to load the other plugins.

I don't know for sure but would guess that the same plugins are loaded when MP is controling WMP in No UI mode as when it's WMP running in full UI mode. What is it you're trying to do?

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    EqualRightsForWerewolves said:
    Hey Steve - a quick suggestion:

when you're in database views, and click play on anything that's not an album (ie, artist, genre, etc), the playlist is sorted alphabetically. Since that basically results in a random playlist anyway, can you make it shuffle this list? That way, if i hit play on an artist or genre it will start randomly playing songs from them, instead of always playing the same (basically random) order which it is now? :)

Added to the list--thanks for the suggestion.

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    PHN2 said:
    Hi.

Searched many threads but got directed this way:

Does MP fully support .ape files? My tags shows up fine the first time entering the folder, but afterwards all files within folder shows up as "unknown". Any pointers?

Great work on my music!!!

Regards, Per.

As EqualRightsForWerewolves indicated, MP does handle ape files. As it so happens my entire music library is ripped to ape. However, I have had no success getting WMP to properly play ape files from MP. I can get them working in WMP, albeit with an initial error. I'm using WinAmp and ape files work fine.

In order to get tagging working you'll need to launch Configuration.exe and make sure you have a ".ape" entry in Music-->Music Extensions

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom