My Music - need your thoughts on how to improve and enhance (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordMessi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 4, 2005
    Ørsø, Dronninglund, Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Corve said:
    SteveV, for skinners, it could be very usefull : The ability to display differents music overlay function of the screen where you are..

Is it possible without spend a lot of time?

Thanks for your work :)

Give an example of different music overlay functions....

CHli

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Hi SteveV,

I don't think it's listed :

When playing music and not using the "Windows Media Player Visualization" I would like to switch to "Playing Now" screen when pushing the red button on MCE Remote (and many other RC have this red teletext button)

Atm this button does nothing when not using the visualization.

What do you think of that ?

LordMessi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 4, 2005
    Ørsø, Dronninglund, Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    CHli said:
    Hi SteveV,

When playing music and not using the "Windows Media Player Visualization" I would like to switch to "Playing Now" screen when pushing the red button on MCE Remote (and many other RC have this red teletext button)

Steve - just do a ACTION - then when the MCE remote support are re-coded "soon" - the user can set the button for going to Playing Now. Don't hardcode it for a specific button...

hakuna

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2004
    Gothenburg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Re: My Music - need your thoughts on how to improve and enha

SteveV said:
    35.) [DONE] Ability to update coverart for entire share / ability to update coverart for albums with missing cover art

36.) [DONE] Find coverart displays thumbnail of current coverart image along with thumbnails of found images and artist and album name.

35. Some feedback on this great function, don't know if it's already known:
    - During scan, "Start" button is still active, I did not dare press it during scan...
    - If there is an exact hit, automatically pick the first one (option?)
    - Same with only one hit (perhaps implied with the above)
    - When no hit, automatically skip (currently focus ends up on "Abort", not on "Skip" as would be better)
    - That "Unknown" guy gets a lot of hits, perhaps skip would be better.
    - What about the Amazon.com logo, do you have some kind of deal with them? I would like it removed.
    - While scanning, only album name is displayed, not artist.

36. In Scanning options "Save in thumbnail" is greyed out for some reason?

Thanks so far! /Niclas

Corve

Portal Member
    September 27, 2005
    LordMessi said:
    Corve said:
    SteveV, for skinners, it could be very usefull : The ability to display differents music overlay function of the screen where you are..

For example, in myHome screen, I want another Overlay than in the music module but today, I can't do that. See this tread :
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/viewtopic.php?t=12884

For me, there's 2 solutions to solve that :
    - To create more than 1 overlay screens. In this case, we could use the default one or another one...
    OR
    - The "now playing" infos (like #Play.Current.Title, coverart...) should refresh everytime when we code it in a different screen than musicOverlay.xml (for example mymusicsongs.xml)

Here another skinner who need your help too :
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/viewtopic.php?t=13591

Hope that you understand what I mean cause my english is not so good :oops:

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Boston, Massachusetts USA
    LordMessi said:
    CHli said:
    Hi SteveV,

Steve - just do a ACTION - then when the MCE remote support are re-coded "soon" - the user can set the button for going to Playing Now. Don't hardcode it for a specific button...

I'm not sure this should be an action as none of the current actions include jumps to various GUI screens. If the MCE remote plugin is in the process of being rewritten/extended it should be easy enough to add addtional window management "jump to" functionality. This is what I ended up doing with the USBUIRT plugin code and it works quite well (although I still haven't added a Playing now "jump to" :oops:).

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Re: My Music - need your thoughts on how to improve and enha

hakuna said:
    During scan, "Start" button is still active, I did not dare press it during scan...
    I'm an unable to reproduce this. As soon as I click the "Start" button and the grabber begins scanning, the start button is disabled and remains disabled until I either click the cancel button or the grabber runs to completion. Are you using the CVS BlueTwo or MCS skins?

- If there is an exact hit, automatically pick the first one (option?)
    - Same with only one hit (perhaps implied with the above)
    I really don't think that the results are accurate enough to let the grabber run unattended.

- When no hit, automatically skip (currently focus ends up on "Abort", not on "Skip" as would be better)
    Changed behavior to set focus to "Skip" button on no match.

- That "Unknown" guy gets a lot of hits, perhaps skip would be better.
    Not sure I follow; do you have tracks that are inaccurately tagged and thus returning artist "unknown"? Please provide more info.

- What about the Amazon.com logo, do you have some kind of deal with them? I would like it removed.
    We're using the Amazon web service hence the Amazon logo. While I can't remove it, you're free to edit the cover art grabber skins.

- While scanning, only album name is displayed, not artist.
    I'll consider adding this in the future.

36. In Scanning options "Save in thumbnail" is greyed out for some reason?
    When in the database views it's much faster for MP to retrieve coverart from the thumbs folder than it is to extract the folder path of the current music file. As such, the grabber always saves a copy of the cover art to the thumbs folder.

Thanks for the report.

Steve

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    ZmooZa said:
    Hi there!
    Well, I don't know if this bug was fixed already (or if it is one ;> )
    If it was fixed, simply ignore this post ! (I'm using 2.0 RC3 (no CVS))

If I do a Cover Search with more than 100 albums,
    the Progress bar stops at number 100 (see screenshot ... (this is not cover art #100 but about #200)
    and the percentage-counter stops as well.
    Except for this, the program itself continues flawless untill the end. (screenshot)

Apart from this minor bug, everything works fine !
    Thanks a lot for your hard work !

Fixed -- thanks for the report.

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Corve said:
    LordMessi said:
    Corve said:

For example, in myHome screen, I want another Overlay than in the music module but today, I can't do that. See this tread :
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/viewtopic.php?t=12884

For me, there's 2 solutions to solve that :
    - To create more than 1 overlay screens. In this case, we could use the default one or another one...
    OR
    - The "now playing" infos (like #Play.Current.Title, coverart...) should refresh everytime when we code it in a different screen than musicOverlay.xml (for example mymusicsongs.xml)

Here another skinner who need your help too :
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/viewtopic.php?t=13591

Hope that you understand what I mean cause my english is not so good :oops:

I don' think MP supports multiple music overlays. There's no reason I can think of why the "#" music tags such as #Play.Current.Title, #duration, etc, shouldn't work. Are you saying that they're *not* working?

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    knutinh said:
    I would like a switch, either in setup or in My music where the default behaviour when clicking a song can be set to "play now", "play next" or "add to current playlist". (I now know that this can be done by right-clicking, but visitors using my remote controll dont know that).
    You can play the selected track by pressing the "play" button on your remote or using the keyboard "p" shortcut.

Remove the "play" symbol in the lower left corner of the GUI- it looks like a play button and drunken visitors try to click it in vain.
    This is skin design issue. If I remove it for you, I'm certain many other users will miss it.

I have a black "block" that appears in in the middle of the screen, obscuring view of files, and occasionally the album art will be covered by a similar black block. It vanishes when I go to "playing now" and then back again.
    Please provide addtional info and a screenshot if possible.

Change behaviour for the playlist - when navigating with a keypad I would like to go to the same action in the negihbor row, not to the first item. For example, when deleting song#2, pressing arrow up should send me to delete for song#1.
    Let me think about that one.

Steve

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom