My Music - need your thoughts on how to improve and enhance (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Boston, Massachusetts USA
    Unchecking "Scan albums for Various Artists" disables the various artists updating. So if an album has tracks with multiple artists only the album.iNumArtists field gets updated--the album artist does not get changed to "Various Artists"

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi SteveV,

Just incase you might be getting towards the end of the "My Music enhancements list", here's one that I would like to see... :wink:

I don't know if it has been raised before, or even if it is possible, but it would be good to have the same volume level and mute indicators that appears in full-screen TV and DVD, to be also visible on the My Music and Playing Now screens..... :D

fathead

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2005
    SteveV said:
    Hmm, only 2 responses to my request for info regarding the latest database changes. A little underwhelming :roll:

I'll have a look tonight Steve when I get home.

Are you feeling under appreciated today?? We all still love ya :wink:

LasseL

Portal Member
    August 1, 2005
    Stockholm
    About the Sound EQ

I am feeding my soround receiver (Yamaha) digitally from my HTPC. The reciver has a lot of pre-programed sound modes, for example "sport", "rock", "jazz", "chirch" etc. Playing a CD/DVD I always selects the most suitable mode, and a matter of facts,,, it gives a big difference on the music.

Playing music from the HTPC,,, takes a way the possibility to optimice the sound by chosing the best suitable EQ mode. You could do it manually but,,, chosing random mode....

My idea is to give the user a possibility to customice the EQ for each song or album. Maby defaulting the EQ to a mode defined by some ID3 tag, but giving the user the possibility to change.

Using a Sound EQ could also fix a problem I ran into (related to my reciever). My HTPC is capable of streaming 192 KSample sound over the SPDIF connecten. My reciver can use this data stream, but all Sound EQ functions are disabled. Kind of irritating..... :)

NorthernJohn

Portal Pro
    January 31, 2006
    Hopefully on my bike.
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    SteveV said:
    Hmm, only 2 responses to my request for info regarding the latest database changes. A little underwhelming :roll:
    Appreciate the changes. The music side of things is the most used on my system (apart from the kids cartoons :roll: )

However, I'm stable at the moment and WAF is good so I'm holding out for the next release proper. Can't wait 8)

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    NorthernJohn said:
    ...The music side of things is the most used on my system (apart from the kids cartoons :roll: )

NorthernJohn - Just need to know, do you have a special plugin regarding this or is this just a slideshow of scans from your children's art work?

Mike

samuel337

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    mzemina said:
    NorthernJohn said:
    ...The music side of things is the most used on my system (apart from the kids cartoons :roll: )

NorthernJohn - Just need to know, do you have a special plugin regarding this or is this just a slideshow of scans from your children's art work?

Mike

Or does he mean cartoon tv shows?

Sam

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    samuel337 said:
    mzemina said:
    NorthernJohn said:

Mike

Or does he mean cartoon tv shows?

Sam

Sam - Duh
    (been saying that alot this week - doesn't help I am sick this week)
    Thanks for pointing out the obvious (but not to me).
    Mike

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom