My Music - need your thoughts on how to improve and enhance (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fornold

Portal Member
January 13, 2006
Allen, TX
Luv2Entertain,

Hey! That's mine! 8)

I wrote that plugin for Meedio, but I am looking into Media Portal now that Meedio seems to be slipping away.

Maschine

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 15, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Fornold, Luv2Entertain,

that looks indeed very sweet :) How does it "feel" to use it? Because if it is not doing that anyway now I'd like to add a suggestion: What about if it the start screen in Music would be a 3 column artist view. Then, if you select an artist the artist column is only the all-left column. Second and Third will display the Albums now and if you select album the third row changes to the song view. Well, actually there might be not that much artists with more than one column of albums so maybe we can skip that and right after selecting an artist show (artist list|album list with first album selected|contents of first album).

Just a suggestion, as L2E said, it would be nice if you and SteveV could join forces, fornold!

Maschine

onkl

Portal Pro
    February 18, 2005
    Wageningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    To add to this discussion: I think by now anyone has at least once seen the OSX (Apple) Finder in action (With columns).
    osx_nfs06b.jpg

This might be a starting point for thoughts on user interface?

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    onkl said:
    To add to this discussion: I think by now anyone has at least once seen the OSX (Apple) Finder in action (With columns).

This might be a starting point for thoughts on user interface?

BTW - This interface was first used on NeXT which Apple bought. That is also how Jobs was able to move back to Apple.

Mike

Luv2Entertain

March 28, 2006
    fornold said:
    Luv2Entertain,

Hey! That's mine! 8)

I wrote that plugin for Meedio, but I am looking into Media Portal now that Meedio seems to be slipping away.

Fornold,

I should have mentioned that I grabbed the pic from Meedio, and in particular from your plugin. I liked Meedio, but I had a lot of stability problems. MP took a little bit for me to get comfortable with, but now it works consistantly every time. My only complaint with your plugin in Meedio was that it slowed things down a bit.

Maschine,

I like the navigation, in particular I liked that I could see a few levels deep all at the same time.

fornold

Portal Member
    January 13, 2006
    Allen, TX
    should have mentioned that I grabbed the pic from Meedio, and in particular from your plugin. I liked Meedio, but I had a lot of stability problems. MP took a little bit for me to get comfortable with, but now it works consistantly every time. My only complaint with your plugin in Meedio was that it slowed things down a bit.

No problem. I wasn't upset at all, nice to see someone appreciated what was done.

As for slowness, I couldn't agree more. That is on the biggest complaints I have of Meedio in general is that it is slow. The meeMusic plugin was even slower with large music collections. I was/am (one and off) working on a newer versio of that plugin that is much, much quicker. But I can't find the motivation to really work on Meedio stuff anymore.

Anyway stil looking into how MP actually handles different things. I like the fact I have access to the code.

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    fornold - I hope you find a receptive community with users that want more (hopefully not too much time out of the authors & developers) out of the platform and developers that just want to help (except when it comes to deadlines then they maybe a little, understandably, slower in helping). All-in-all, I believe we have a good community and people want to help and want MP to be one of the best HTPC platforms out there.

Mike

fornold

Portal Member
    January 13, 2006
    Allen, TX
    It seems that way. I have been reading the forum on and off for a few weeks to try and see what is going on.

I had a chance to play around with MP a little last night. Still just getting familiar with how things work and what is available.

fathead

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2005
    SteveV hows it going fella?

Been a little while since we've seen any updates, and this topic is slipping down the page a bit.

Hope all is well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom