My Music - need your thoughts on how to improve and enhance (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    yes checking the "Treat tracks in an individual folder as an album" solved the problem.

This leads to MP consuming 100% cpu for me.
    As I'm displaying cpu load on my VFD I'm curious if noone else realizes the resource issues in My Music...

Disableing this option lead to "normal" behaviour (5-8% load with 80% spikes and fans turning on)

I can reproduce this with any skin. Stupid thing is that it also occurs when using foobar2000 as external player :-/

btw: Even in main menu you can see the difference in cpu load.

Steve please contact me if you need further details / testing!

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Hi SteveV,
    I'm away from home for a while so I have only been able to test your very early updates. I loved those ones, like the enhanced playlist controls and now playing.

Rest assured that I am reading these forums daily and keeping an eye out for all the changes you have made and I can't wait to get home and put them through their paces.

Excellent work,

Marcus.

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Boston, Massachusetts USA
    Hi rtv,

I'm not sure there's a connection. The "Treat tracks in an individual folder as an album" option is only used for setting up how that database is updated when you scan your shares using the "Update database from selected shares" button in Configuration.exe Music-->Music Database.

Did you rescan your shares after enabling this option? Also, when are you seeing the high cpu load; after entering My Music, when playing music, or when MP is sitting idle (before having entered the My Music screen)?

Steve

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I don't use database views but only browse by folders as this is the most conveniant way for me. Therefore I didn't build a database.

I'll start the scan to run through the next night. I'm just testing this on my dev machine to see where it hogs the cpu..

NorthernJohn

Portal Pro
    January 31, 2006
    Hopefully on my bike.
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    mzemina said:
    NorthernJohn said:
    ...The music side of things is the most used on my system (apart from the kids cartoons :roll: )

NorthernJohn - Just need to know, do you have a special plugin regarding this or is this just a slideshow of scans from your children's art work?

Mike
    Samuel337 hit the nail on the head. Cartoon tv shows and movies. When the kids are causing havoc it's nice and easy to browse to the appropriate movie/show and press play. No digging around for discs.

Hence, WAF is high at the moment. :D

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You were right! Scanning all my files just solved the 100% issue. Now it's just the regular peaks..

Furetto

Moderator - Dutch Forums
    April 11, 2005
    Brussels
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I have not yet tested this in RC4, but I need to write it down before I forget again, All my music files have both v1 and v2 mp3 tags. I noticed some time ago that v2 only did not work.

My issue is that the name of some albums or tracks is so long, that it does not fit inside the allocated space in v1. And thus I get to see a truncated name in MP. Example would be for instance a Best of Album of Terence Trent d'Arby.

Is there any way to add a chooser between v1 and v2 ?

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Furetto said:
    Is there any way to add a chooser between v1 and v2 ?

Not needed.

v2 information has always higher priorities.
    First the v2 information is read and ONLY if for a specific field no v2 information is there then the v1 tag is looked up.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I noticed this behaviour, too.

If this is the way it should work I'll update all my v2 Tags to contain only the unique v1 genre...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom