My Music - need your thoughts on how to improve and enhance (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Boston, Massachusetts USA
    fathead said:
    SteveV hows it going fella?

Been a little while since we've seen any updates, and this topic is slipping down the page a bit.

Hope all is well.

Still here, albeit a little less active due to my work schedule. Otherwise doing OK--thanks for asking. Not to worry, though, still working on MP :)

eagle

Portal Pro
    September 25, 2004
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi SteveV,

I read that "myBurner" has been removed from plugins. Hopefully the burning-option of audio-cd out of playlists is still on your list.

eagle

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Another little but effective change!

I'd be more than happy to see this kind of 3 column navigation!

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    I commited some changes to SVN a couple of days ago that should greatly improve the way MP handles albums with multiple artists. The changes also fix the "Music database does not support 2 albums with same name" bug that's been around forever. See the changelog for details.

I'm curious to hear how the changes are working for you guys.

Steve

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi Steve,

in general your changes work ok.
    Only one thing that i've noticed, which is wrong.

If you have 2 albums with the same name, but different artists, the show up as "Various Artists", which is wrong.

An example. I have in my collection:
    J.J. Cale and Lenny Kravitz

Both of them have an album called "5".
    The files belonging to that album are on the disk as:
    \C\Cale, J.J.\5
    \K\Kravitz, Lenny\5

They're tagged correctly.

In MP being in "Artist" View and selecting one of the above artists, the list of album is shown and for album "5" the artist is "Various Artists" altough it should be "J.J. Cale" or "Lenny Kravitz".

And moving down the list in the Artists View and selecting "Various Artists", there is the album "5" again, with all the songs of J.J. Cale and Lenny Kravitz mixed.

best regards,

Helmut

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If you have 2 albums with the same name, but different artists, the show up as "Various Artists", which is wrong.

here, too! This is even more common with "best of" and "platinum collections"...

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Scanned through the database. Album "Greatest Hits" has been added only once, altough being there at least 20 times for different artists.

Looks like my Patch 1438582 to check also for the artists id needs to be reactivated.

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Guys,

Thanks for the feedback. The "Treat tracks in an individual folder as an album" option in Configuration.exe Music->Music Database controls hows album tracks are treated. With this option "unchecked", MP adds tracks to the DB as it always has; by album name which causes all tracks with identical album names ending up in a single album.

With the option "checked" MP adds tracks to albums using album name AND album file path. In this scenareo it should be unlikely that tracks from different albums have identical folder paths

Enabling this option should fix the problem assuming your music collection is organized by albums.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi Steve,

yes checking the "Treat tracks in an individual folder as an album" solved the problem.

No problem for me, as i took the time and organised my collection very well.
    Hope other users won't run into the same problem, having a bunch of files from different artists in a single directory.
    Then albums with same name will only be stored once and will end up as Various Artists.

But for me it works now.

thx,

Helmut

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom