My Music - need your thoughts on how to improve and enhance (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHli

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Switzerland
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
58.) BUG: AlbumListView and normal ListView sometimes interchanged when re-entering a view

I think this is now fixed since Bavarian fixed their naming problem.

Bram

Portal Pro
December 12, 2005
's-Hertogenbosch
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I would realy...realy! like an extra option in the context menu of a album named "Burn album to Audio CD" and "Burn files to CD/DVD".

I would like to write it myself, as a plugin for MP. It would use the commandline options of Nero 7.
I followed the tutorial about writing a plugin with succes. I understand everything. But I don't know how to add a extra option to the contextmenu's of MyMusic. As a sepperate plugin. Because not everyone has Nero installed (or wants to have it installed).

I m goin the be struggeling with showing the output Nero gives back (progress...etc). But i'll figure that out.

Someone else is continuing development on the MyBurener plugin which will contain all software needed (no 3th party software will have to be installed). Still,...because I'd like to learn C# and because it will take a little time before te MyBurner plugin is finished. I would like to try it this way.

Can anyone help me out a bit...?

egonspengleruk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    Bram said:
    I would realy...realy! like an extra option in the context menu of a album named "Burn album to Audio CD" and "Burn files to CD/DVD".

I would like to write it myself, as a plugin for MP. It would use the commandline options of Nero 7.
    I followed the tutorial about writing a plugin with succes. I understand everything. But I don't know how to add a extra option to the contextmenu's of MyMusic. As a sepperate plugin. Because not everyone has Nero installed (or wants to have it installed).

I m goin the be struggeling with showing the output Nero gives back (progress...etc). But i'll figure that out.

Someone else is continuing development on the MyBurener plugin which will contain all software needed (no 3th party software will have to be installed). Still,...because I'd like to learn C# and because it will take a little time before te MyBurner plugin is finished. I would like to try it this way.

Hey Bram :)

Ive got the same prob for feeding back progress into MP. Someone is working on an example for us that should do this for us.

@ All
    On the MyBurner topic, im the guy working on it and I should easily be able to burn a Playlist to an Audio CD.....but it brings up the point of how MP should handle this. Should all the Burner code be part of the MP core and MyBurner just be a frontend to this? This way MyMusic can also get at my burning functions, as well as MyBurner. What do you all think? I may need a bit of help on that if we do as its turning away from a Plugin to a MP core block of code.
    Egon

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Boston, Massachusetts USA
    eagle said:
    @SteveV

I get a wrong length for the playing song on "playing now"-screen. It is different to the length in list-view (time is shown about 50% longer, e.g. 10 min instead of 7 min).

MP-Version 0.2 RC4, SVN mediaportal-svn-05-06-2006--17-24.rar

My mp3 are encoded with VBR average 192.

Please can you have a look at it?

eagle

I'm not seeing this. Can you send me one of the files in question. PM if you like and we can discuss.

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    eagle said:
    I can confirm this behaviour. Outside the playlist-view neither the green "marker" nor "pale orange"-Colour is following the currently playing track. In playlist-view the green "marker" follows the currently playing track. Can this also be done for the "Album-View" (this means when you enter "music"-menu)?

eagle

Unfortunately, no. Remember that you're very likely to be browsing your music collection when in any other view than the playlist view. Also, the play list likely includes tracks from multiple artists, albums, genres, etc. How would MP highlight the current track in such a scenario?

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    rtv said:
    Could some of the devs please enhance one statement please?
    I evaluated this

http://mp.pastebin.com/710244

My improvement changes the 5x full join to inner joins - therefore only the resulting data of the where conditions is used.

This would decrease DB load quite much! :wink:

Thanks. I'll likely wait until after .20 final before making the change.

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Bram said:

MyMusic is part of the MP core. Adding a menu option that links to an external plugin would be unwise in my opinion. Regardless, it's not possible to do without hard coding the changes in MyMusic.

IMO, the correct way to address this would be to add cd burning to MP's core functionality.

nzsp

Portal Member
    May 16, 2006
    Calgary, Canada
    I usually find my albums via the genres view.

One small thing I would like is for MP to display the coverart from one of the genre albums in the genre view rather than the default folder picture. This is what Meedio does and looks nicer I think.

Sorry if this has been already asked in the preceding 26 pages.

Cheers,
    Steve

egonspengleruk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    Hey SteveV,

Thats what I thought you would say. Ok. For the next release of MyBurner, it will be aself sufficient plugin. After this release, I will try and work out how to split the burning part out of the plugin and into the core. Then it would be a case of adding a context item to MyMusic and another to MyTV/MyMovies.

Egon

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom