My Music - need your thoughts on how to improve and enhance (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    I agree with Kamrat. The music section of MP is not too good at the moment. Doesn't bother me too much as it works "ok" and I am definately happy with all the work being done on the TV section at present.

Thanks in advance SteveV for seeing what needs to be done and running with it.

Looking forward to some enhanced functionality.

Cheers,

Marcus.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi Steve,

gave your new changes a try.
    Searching works fine.
    Only one error noticed, when no information is found for an album.
    Was searching for:
    "The best of - Vol. 1" from "Alan Parsons Project, The"
    that's they way i store the artist, but that shouldn't be the problem, because album "The turn of a friendly card" from the same artists was found.
    MP Stays in the "Searching album" popup forever. "Cancel" does nothing, only Escape closes the window.

Log shows:
    Code:
    regards,

Helmut
    05.01.2006 14:40:03 AWS Response Returned 0 total pages with 0 total results.
    05.01.2006 14:40:03 OnMessage exception:System.ArgumentException: The path is not of a legal form.
       at System.IO.Path.NormalizePathFast(String path, Boolean fullCheck)
       at System.IO.Path.GetFullPathInternal(String path)
       at System.IO.DirectoryInfo..ctor(String path)
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Music.GUICoverArtGrabberResults.GetIsCompilationAlbum(String path, Int32 numFilesToCheck)
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Music.GUICoverArtGrabberResults.GetAlbumCovers(String artist, String album, String strPath, Int32 parentWindowID, Boolean checkForCompilationAlbum)
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Music.GUIMusicBaseWindow.DoShowAlbumInfo(Boolean isFolder, String artistName, String strAlbumName, String strPath, MusicTag tag, Int32 albumId)
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Music.GUIMusicBaseWindow.ShowAlbumInfo(Boolean isFolder, String artistName, String strAlbumName, String strPath, MusicTag tag, Int32 albumId)
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Music.GUIMusicBaseWindow.OnInfo(Int32 iItem)
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Music.GUIMusicBaseWindow.OnClicked(Int32 controlId, GUIControl control, ActionType actionType)
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Music.GUIMusicGenres.OnClicked(Int32 controlId, GUIControl control, ActionType actionType)
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Boston, Massachusetts USA
    I commited the new cover art grabber code last night and the changes are available as of CVS snapshot mediaportal-cvs-01-05-2006--12-32.rar.

Note that if you're using a skin other than BlueTwo, MCE, MetalMedia, or Project X, you'll need to copy the following files to the your skin folder:

\MyMusicCoverArtGrabberProgress.xml
    \MyMusicCoverArtGrabberResults.xml
    \media\missing_coverart.png
    \media\coverart_logo.png
    \media\amazonlogo.png

Usage: <F9> or right click on an album, artist, or share and select "Find coverart" from the context menu.

Let me know how you make out.

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Boston, Massachusetts USA
    hwahrmann,

Thanks for the report. I'll have a look at it.

[EDIT]
    Question: Does the folder name actually include the double quotes:

"The best of - Vol. 1" from "Alan Parsons Project, The"

If so, Windows will not let me create a folder named as such because the double quote character is not a valid file name character.

fathead

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2005
    To go along with all of the comments prior to mine, love the ideas being put forward. The music plugin is currently functional, but a revamp & improvement would go along way to making it that much better.

For me the only suggestion I would like to see (I don't know if these is even possible), is for linking media player CD ripping if possible? I'm hopefull of one day having Media portal do everything without me having to exit to windows, and CD ripping is one such function.

So is there anyway that an otion can be added to Rip CD? Even if it opens media player, I would be more than happy with that - Saves me coming out of MP to do it.

Maschine

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 15, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    fathead said:
    So is there anyway that an otion can be added to Rip CD?

No need to wait! It's already in MP. MPod did a great job on coding a cd ripping plugin. Get RC2 or a newer CVS version and let MP rip all your CDs :)

Maschine

fathead

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2005
    Maschine said:
    fathead said:
    So is there anyway that an otion can be added to Rip CD?

No need to wait! It's already in MP. MPod did a great job on coding a cd ripping plugin. Get RC2 or a newer CVS version and let MP rip all your CDs :)

Maschine

Excellent will do!

Is there a readme or information on this plugin?

knutinh

Portal Pro
    September 4, 2005
    Is it possible to disable the irritating cover art/visualisation flipping in My Music?

I would really like a kick-ass partymode. I am not shure how it should work, but anyone should be able to quickly find music without ever having used MP. And smooth fades from song to song is cool. And good playlist management in the background.

regards
    Knut Inge

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom