My Music - need your thoughts on how to improve and enhance (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightmare77

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Canberra
Home Country
I've submitted a patch that addresses this - allows true fullscreen.
"1411517 WMP Audio Visualisations : Enable true fullscreen"

Bigj
Does that mean its currently in the new cvs? or is it coming?

LordMessi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 4, 2005
    Ørsø, Dronninglund, Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    NightmareRambo77 said:
    I've submitted a patch that addresses this - allows true fullscreen.
    "1411517 WMP Audio Visualisations : Enable true fullscreen"

Bigj
    Does that mean its currently in the new cvs? or is it coming?

If the quality of the code is okay etc. then it will be coded into the cvs - so currently it's "coming".

garretwp

Portal Member
    December 17, 2005
    Is it possible to add a botton with to switch to now playing faster or do we have to use the switch view option all the time? I am so happy that we have a now playing screen! Something that should have been added from the start.

Garrett

garion

Portal Member
    January 20, 2006
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Also my gratulations. very good job.
    Thanks for that.

Also a smal sugestion for the coverart grabber.
    After finding covers for an album the curser focus is on the cancel button, so you have to switch to the listet covers first.
    After reading the ohter thread about usabillity, i would sugest that if the grabber finds on or more covers the curserfocus should be on the first found cover in the list.

a happy user

garion

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Boston, Massachusetts USA
    bigj,

Thanks for the patch--I'll have a look at it and try to get it checked in within the next couple of days. MP no longer plays visualizations on my system so I'll need to get that worked out before I can test the patch.

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Boston, Massachusetts USA
    All,

Thanks for the feedback.

mzemina,

I like the "bottom bar" layout as well. It shouldn't be all that difficult to implement. So many things to do / so little time ;)

garretwp,

There's not much free space on the my music screens for another button. Maybe I can add an MP action and short cut to display the "Now playing" screen.

garion,

Good suggestion--I'll make the change.

zombiepig

Portal Pro
    March 21, 2005
    Melb, Aus
    Home Country
    SteveV said:
    There's not much free space on the my music screens for another button. Maybe I can add an MP action and short cut to display the "Now playing" screen.

i think if you click on the album artwork/visualization display in the bottom left of the screen it should jump to the now playing screen... it's already there so it wouldn't take any more screen space ;)

Maschine

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 15, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    EqualRightsForWerewolves said:
    SteveV said:

i think if you click on the album artwork/visualization display in the bottom left of the screen it should jump to the now playing screen... it's already there so it wouldn't take any more screen space ;)

First of all a BIIIIIG THANKS out to SteveV for doing the now playing stuff :) :) :)

To join in the discussion: my favorite behavior of the now playing screen would be like a screen saver. So say you turn on the music and after a time of x (configureable?!?) seconds the now playing screen pops up on top (fullscreen). Then when moving the mouse/remote it disappears again or gets exited by a button.

Maybe this is even really easy to do as Frodo implemented a layer component the last week. But sorry if I'm wrong there and I know, if it's that easy I could do it myself ;-) But maybe it's a good hint for you, SteveV.

Maschine

garion

Portal Member
    January 20, 2006
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Or lets go crazy

Why not make it the default screen after hit play in any kind.
    Except for the autoplay after adding songs to the playlist.
    Because the asumtion here is, maybe the user will add more stuff.

In the now playing screen you have lots of space for buttons which can send you back to the main mymusic screen, or to the playlist for example.

Its what i would expect form anykind of "player" after i hit play.
    A good seeable overview of what is now playing, or maybe the fullscreen viz.

Maybe it is also possible to bring more infos on the myplayscreen.
    Genre of the now playing song etc (i dont know what form the mp3 tags you guys are abel to read, or have already in the database).

just a mindgame open for discussion how crazy i am *G*

cu
    garion

ps
    some like more some less
    maybe even (in a far away deluxe mp version) selceteble what tags should be on the view. :eek:)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom