My Music Videos broken since MediaPortal-svn Rev11662.exe (2 Viewers)

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    To work around this bug disable "Use VMR9" in MP Setup -> Plugins -> My Music Video & configuration. It will still have problems when trying to stop from a preview point, but fullscreen & stop should be good.

Regards
    Roy

buonsala

Portal Member
    October 20, 2006
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I try your svn dated 8-12-2006 (12112) and 7-12-2006 (12111), the plug-in "my music videos", when I select a music video, the screen flicks for 2 or 3 times and nothing start
    sometimes I have a windows crash, and many times after that, when I go in "my TV" I get message that there is not a tuner installed.

If I disable "Use VMR9" in MP Setup -> Plugins -> My Music all work!!

Thanks for your support Ronilse.

techchad

Portal Member
    March 5, 2006
    I have MediaPortal setup to read music video files from My Music, the same problem occurs when I try an play music videos from the list. It just crashes Media Portal. However when I use the My MusicVideo plug in and disable VMR9 it does work. However there is no option for that in My Music....any suggestions? Or should I just wait until the bug is fixed?

Thanks!

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    techchad, does this happen when you're trying to play ordinary video from your HD (haven't had problems with that here)?

Regards
    Roy

Al_Capone

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I try your svn dated 8-12-2006 (12112) and 7-12-2006 (12111), the plug-in "my music videos", when I select a music video, the screen flicks for 2 or 3 times and nothing start
    sometimes I have a windows crash, and many times after that, when I go in "my TV" I get message that there is not a tuner installed.

If I disable "Use VMR9" in MP Setup -> Plugins -> My Music all work!!

Thanks for your support Ronilse.

same problem here, but my "MP Setup>plugins>my music videos (configuration) does not HAVE any other setting that coutry, bitrate, and favorite list.
    please help me work around.

Al_Capone

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I am currently using Yesterday's build.
    I had a yahoo-music-video-plugin installed before.

Is there something I can do to ensure right verion is being used ? - (delete some erlated files and install SVN ?)

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    This happens when you use 3'rd party plugins & they become a part of MP, you have to remove the file(s) added to ""installation path" Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\Windows" when you installed Yahoo music video the first time.

If you had provided logs this would have been spotted.......

Regards
    Roy

Al_Capone

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    thanks, deleting the plugins manually showed that the mymovies plugin was not properly unloaded, and could not be deleted before reboot. - no wonder SVN installer did not update that file.

is there some place that have listed some "rules" about what-to-do with plugins when updating SVN build? like "best practice" ?

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    This it's the guide for installing SVN versions.

The best is rename current MediaPortal folder to something else & run setup/installer again then apply SVN & then reconfigure, this way you always start with a fresh copy of MP & SVN.

Regards
    Roy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom