My Music Videos broken since MediaPortal-svn Rev11662.exe (1 Viewer)

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Thanks for the reply.

I to am dissapointed that your excellent work/code has been ignored and can understand your viewpoint on not updating.

What is a great shame is that your code raises the two plugins from being lacklustre at best ,as they are, to oustanding and corrects other related bugs aswell.

Considering the overall excelence that MP tries to achieve I fail to understand why your code and request have been ignored!

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Have any of you contacted gregmac45 about this "fix", he's the developer for this plugin & should be able to update the source....

Regards
    Roy

vladyman

Portal Member
    November 14, 2006
    Odd...

I agree that this is odd, that nobody recognises your work. I will have a look at it in the next couple of days, as I am very interested in your solution. As it doesn't work with the current SVN, I have not actually seen it working yet, but it looks very promising. Does your solution make it possible to have the OSD (like Volume, Progress, Name and so on) working in video streams?

Thanks for your work, and don't give up, the MP devs do do a lot of work, so maybe it just slipped their mind.

gemx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    vladyman:
    Yes it makes the osd displayable and also shows the real name of the stream not the url
    ronilse:
    The point is that the bug is not in the plugin but rather in MP itself.
    Showing the name instead of the url implies changing the plugin and MP.

Will have a look at it maybe at the weekend and see if the patch can modified for current SVN without redesigning the whole since a lot has changed especially in the g_player class

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    I tested the 'beta' releases of the code with the then up to date SVN in December.

The work that GEMX had done was stunning, both the MyMusicVideos and MyTrailers worked fully with the VRM9 of mp correctly giving all OSD and full aspect ratio contol. Also the displayed PICTURE now showed correctly in all window pages within MP.

What was still work in progress was correcting the bugs within the MP code for the PLAYLISTS for the above plugins which had errors with name extraction and not clearing the previous VMR9 graph resulting in errors and crashes for the next in the playlist

vladyman

Portal Member
    November 14, 2006
    Ok, I have tried to build the solution and it looks like it should apply fine, but I have the following Problem: I can almost never start a Video stream with g_Player.PlayVideoStream(). It works fine with g_Player.Play() (but then without VMR9), and it worked once or twice with PlayVideoStream (and then it was great with all the OSDs, acpect ration aso, I was really amazed!), but I was not able to nail it down when it actually works. It seems to be some kind of timeout issue, that the stream is usually not loaded.

gemx, did you have a problem like this?

vladyman

Portal Member
    November 14, 2006
    Ok, don't mind me, I found the problem. So I've got the streams working fine now with SVN. I'll clean up some code and will post the current patch soon (there is hardly any change to the solution of gemx though). I really think this should be committed to core, other people are missing out on these great features.

gemx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    modified the patch for current SVN (rev. 13331).
    Attached are the binaries and the diff file.
    For me it works.
    Would be nice to get some feedback about your testing results :)
    Starting work on the changes for the PlaylistPlayer but might not have enough time to finish it today.
    So be patient ;)
    <Attachment removed. See below>

gemx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    vladyman:
    Thanks for your investigations.
    Just saw that you are working on this too.
    What have you changed to make it work for you?
    The attached diff works fine for me.
    Maybe you have an idea how to implement the proper clipname for the playlist player?

gemx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Alright then,
    finally got it working including the Playlists :)
    Attached are the binaries and the diff for Rev 13331 of MediaPortal.
    The Playlists only work for musicvideos regardings VMR9 at first but i don't think you need VMR9 playlists for other things or do you?
    Just let me know ;)
    Seeing forward to get some feedback :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom