My PodCasts (1 Viewer)

fcsobel

Portal Pro
December 4, 2005
SVN Builds

I don't keep up with the SVN builds. If you send me the following four dlls from your install I'll try to rebuild the plugin against them:

core.dll
dialogs.dll
utils.dll
windowsplugins.dll

You can send them to fcsobel@yahoo.com

kkendall

Portal Pro
April 24, 2007
Gouda
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I don't keep up with the SVN builds. If you send me the following four dlls from your install I'll try to rebuild the plugin against them:

core.dll
dialogs.dll
utils.dll
windowsplugins.dll

I'll try to do this soon.
But does this mean that for every SVN, this plugin needs these files to be customised? Is it possible to change the plugin code, so it's more MP-version independant? That would be great and improve the usability. But I haven't got a clue if i'm requesting the impossible here :D

I'm asking, because once every 6 weeks or so I update to the latest svn. If this screws up the podcast plugin every time, I'm going to uninstall this plugin and use other plugins/applications for my podcasts.

leviathan

Portal Pro
August 9, 2007
I fixed the Plugins for myself ... but I am really new in mediaportal developing and I am not really sure what I have done :). But it works for me.

1 ) Extend CreateThumbnail by Paramater FastMode = false. No idea what FastMode means.
2 ) The functions LoadPage and SavePage takes argument HttpRequest ( initialized by given Uri )

If anybody interested to get it, PM me. I am not sure that I am allowed to post modified foreign code here(?)

regards

Benjamin

fcsobel

Portal Pro
December 4, 2005
0.2.3.0 SVN Build

I updated the plugin with the svn dlls Leviathan was kind enough to send. You can get it here:

http://projects.c3o.com/mediaportal/0.2.3.0.svn.zip

core.dll
dialogs.dll
utils.dll
windowsplugins.dll

I'll try to do this soon.
But does this mean that for every SVN, this plugin needs these files to be customised? Is it possible to change the plugin code, so it's more MP-version independant? That would be great and improve the usability. But I haven't got a clue if i'm requesting the impossible here :D

I'm asking, because once every 6 weeks or so I update to the latest svn. If this screws up the podcast plugin every time, I'm going to uninstall this plugin and use other plugins/applications for my podcasts.

Every so often the MP developers will change the signatures of some methods and plugins will stop working until the plugin code is updated and recompiled. There is no telling if they will make any more changes like this between svn builds. When they do things will stop working. With any luck this build will work for a while.

I no longer have the time to keep up with the SVN builds as well as the latest stable release. The next time this happens please send me these four dlls from your SVN install and I'll make a new version:
core.dll
dialogs.dll
utils.dll
windowsplugins.dll

clobber

Portal Pro
January 12, 2008
Ok, could some one please spell this out for me in simple toddler language. I'm using MP 0.2.3.0 and have downloaded the 0.2.3.0 (not SVN) plug-in from the first post of this thread. Now, I've added podcasts from dl.tv and tekzilla:

dl.tv DivX video
Tekzilla (Large Xvid)

The first is divx and the second is xvid

I've also tried the h264/quicktime feeds

DL.TV, I usually get the audio but no video (blue skin still on the screen). With Tekzilla I get nothing. Enabling the VLC plugin for all video results in a black screen for all videos. WTF? I can play all these filetypes from My Videos.

Error log attached. Tried to play DL.TV then Tekzilla.

edit: now isn't that strange. If I go back to the home screen and click on the square button from the drop down tool bar, the video shows up in a little square on the top left of the screen.

itye

Portal Member
March 13, 2008
Can someone help me get thisplug in to work

I downloaded the relevant package for my version of media portal and copied the folder/files into the relevant directories as outlined in the readme. However each time I select my podcasts and try to wat one nothing happens!

Ive searched the forums for hours but cant find a solution

has anyone got a step by step guide to setting this up or advise what could be wrong?

Thanks

leviathan

Portal Pro
August 9, 2007
If you use a svn version you get (maybe) the same error than me. You could send me your mail adress and i send you a fixed version for svn.

Update:
Oh, it's already up ... you can download it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom