My Recipies 0.2 (1 Viewer)

Marky Mark

Portal Member
May 18, 2005
Excellent Plugin!

Is it possible to import multiple recipe files in one go - I downloaded a number from the net, and it is very time consuming importing them one by one?

Thanks,
Mark.

mikael

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2005
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Hi and thanks for a useful plugin.

Suddenly when I saw this plugin I saw an picture in my mind that would be just great if you could develop to this plugin:

A feature where you can type in what articles of food you have at home and the program browses to a recipe that fits. You should also have the ability to enter things you always have at home such as salt, pepper and unions??

Just a thought...

wortelsoft

Portal Pro
    May 13, 2005
    Rotterdam, The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Whell this is something I've been thinking about for a couple of moths to do on a website. But if this could be integrated in mp that would be great.

The search shoul only be ingredients. No amounts so people can decide themselves if it posible to make the dish.
    What I mean if you need 200grams of mushrooms and you only have a 150 grams. I problebly would still make the dish. But a computer can't decide this.

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Just saw this modern (futuristic) version of MyRecipes on wired.com - in this case the screen is built into the countertop.

kitchenanno_new_f.jpg

This would be a George Jetson version of MediaPortal.

WeeToddDid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 2, 2005
    Ottawa, Canada
    Is this plugin still under development? If so, I wrote I small program and can accept recipe files from http://www.RecipeCenter.com.

You can easily build a search engine for your plugin that send searches to the website and automatically import the repice into your database. Let me know....

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    I think anyone that wants to pick-up this plugin and continue (or make new plugin based on Recipes) adding new features would be welcome!

I haven't seen Gucky62 here on this forum for quite some time, in fact his userID has been turned off due to his absence on this forum.

Mike

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    WeeToddDid said:
    Is this plugin still under development? If so, I wrote I small program and can accept recipe files from http://www.RecipeCenter.com.

You can easily build a search engine for your plugin that send searches to the website and automatically import the repice into your database. Let me know....

It hasn´t been for a long time. It has been reported several times that Gucky62 will return (last info was beginning of this year), but he certainly wouldn´t mind if you work on this plugin.

There have been other ideas about the plugin (can´t find the thread atm)

# possibility to add pictures (mealmaster has no pictures)
    # a scoring possibility for recipes 1-5 stars or sth
    # an online recipe database for the mp users (with scorings?language?)
    # an optimized online database, because with mealmaster you will get an enourmous amount of catagories. The subcatagories Gucky introduced are good, but the recipes need to be edited.

I follow the very fast work you do on the tv.show thing on the other thread. If you want to take this plugin on after finishing the other one, you can allways pm me or contact me on irc if you need information on the plugin, as I followed it closely (well, actually it was a feature request made by me) since domi_fan/barranger and later Gucky62 started the plugin and contibuted some ideas for it.

tomtom

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    WeeToddDid - Where is your receipe import program?

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom