My Recipies 0.2 (1 Viewer)

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Looking through the Yahoo Foods search blurp above (go back 5 messages), I'm thinking is they might offer an API, that would be great to have Yahoo (I haven't checked to see if Google has or is planning something similar) but to have a search like what they are talking about would be great!

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    hobbes487: nice to see someone picking up the topic again.
    I´d like to take the opportunity to bring some of my old feature requests forward again. Esp. # 1-3.

if one of the new services mzemnia mentioned could cover this in a similar way (and localized for different languages) this would be great, too and much easier to do.

tomtom

There have been other ideas about the plugin (can´t find the thread atm)

# possibility to add pictures (mealmaster has no pictures)
    # a scoring possibility for recipes 1-5 stars or sth
    # an online recipe database for the mp users (with scorings?language?)
    (# an optimized online database, because with mealmaster you will get an enourmous amount of catagories. The subcatagories Gucky introduced are good, but the recipes need to be edited.)

tomtom

ncarigon

Portal Member
    November 17, 2006
    Thank you for reviving this feature. I am also a very geeky "chef" and was hoping for a new recipe plugin. I tried your v0.1 plugin and it works well for me. I have a few suggestions/bugs though.

- When importing Meal Master files, the file cannot contain any apostrophes. If it does, it produces and error. Is it possible to fix or compensate for this during the importing?

- For ingredients that do not have a measuring unit, Unknown is displayed instead of nothing. For example: "1/2 Green bell pepper; *" becomes "1/2 Unknown Green bell pepper" while "2 tb Chopped ripe olives" stays "2 tb Chopped ripe olives".

- The recipe's name is over-layed on top of the words "My Kitchen" when viewing a recipe.

- A search function would be very useful.

- If possible, it would be nice to be able to manually scroll through the recipe directions instead of the auto-scrolling.

- It would be nice to be able to rename the plugin's menu name. I do not use the "My" prefix for the menu, but I can't seem to remove it from "MyKitchen".

- The ability to search the Google database would be very useful.

Again, thank you for this plugin. You have already done great work on it and I am really looking forward to the progression of it.

ZetaVu

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2005
    Hey guys, ok, been using myrecipes but somewhere in the last few MP updates it seems to have died, I get an error that there is a missing or invalid myrecipes.xml file, although I have that file in the proper location.

Anyway, downloaded and installed the mykitchen plugin, put the dll in plugins\windows and the xml file in skins\blue 2 (or whatever, are these the correct places?)

So, I can add recipes fine, however when I try to add my mealmaster files they don't go. If I add the .mmf it seems to lock up with high cpu drain. I convert the files to txt files in mealmaster format and nothing gets imported (takes about a second) any ideas?

MEGA180

Portal Pro
    January 8, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello,
    I'd like to use this plugin. But I want to have a look at a nice picture at the same time.

So I did a special trick :
    I use the last MyLyrics plugin.
    I create one MP3 for each recipe (you choose the music you want ;) )
    I add a picture embedded in the MP3 Tag
    I add the recipe as Lyrics for this song

That's not very helpfull but it looks great.

Hope MyKitchen plugin will add pictures in next future

If somebody still work on the plugin, may be I can try to help with the xml skin files. Let me know.

Bye

ZeroX

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2005
    Karlstad
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I would also like to see this plugin being developed futher!

I have some features I'm hoping to see in the future!

1. Online sync, the ability to have the same DB at several HTPC, eq kitchen, living room etc (requested earlier)

2. incredients, the ability add ingridients, so for example:
    Four fields, 1st if it's a liquid or a solid form, 2nd what type it is, 3 how much in numbers, 4th, how much, deciliter, liter grams, kg asf.

| liquid | | milk | | 1 | | deciliter |

3. Each recipe servers x numbers of persons.

4. week meal plan, the ability to set meals for every week or several weeks in advanced, and then from funcion 2 & 3 calculate and compile a shoppign list, witch ofcurse needs to be edited so you can add other stuff then just the ones in teh recipes.

I have been lookign for these functions in an recipe program outside of MP without result, but an incorporation of this, in MP would be SOO cool, and very easy for basicly anyone to use, hopefully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom