My Recipies 0.2 | Page 4

Discussion in 'MediaPortal 1 Plugins' started by Anonymous, November 12, 2004.

1. LordMessi
    • Premium Supporter

LordMessi Retired Team Member

IT-supporter
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Denmark Denmark
    We'll see what they say...they'll return with more information, when ready.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. deeps

deeps Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have copied the .dll file into the windows/plugins folder as it said to do.

however, how what about the rest of the stuff? Where do i put those?

Also, when i try to configure, it says i have to specify a mealmaster source file... where do i get that?

Cheers

4. madgabz

madgabz Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    BUMP
    Whats the status on this project? I'm no coder, but no doubt i can help with lots of design comments.. :)

5. mzemina
    • Premium Supporter

mzemina Retired Team Member

Project Manager
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    I just found that you can search for recipe ingredients on google base. Look here: http://base.google.com/base/search?a_n0=recipes&a_y0=9&hl=en&

I wonder what API would allow a search within MP and present the results in a "clean" format for the user. Using this search in a browser I can look for only chicken recipes as the main ingredient.

In fact if you select, cuisine: mexican, main ingredient: chicken, & course: main dish - I get 148 hits, there are also small thumbnail pictures of some of the meals! This is really cool! The only problem is clicking through, the formatting of each website could be different. When I clicked through I found that epicurious.com is the main source of the recipes, but I did also find cooking.com (5 pages later) - too bad there isn't a common/standard format which could be used between websites.

6. mzemina
    • Premium Supporter

Project Manager
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Home Country:
    I found that Yahoo will be getting into providing recipes.

Here is the article I found on ZDnet (link is here) - full article:
    It would be nice if My Recipes plugin could get modified to tap into this recipe storage to serach and add into a personal cookbook.

7. mzemina
    • Premium Supporter

Project Manager
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Home Country:
    Maybe we could get the Nintendo DS to tie into MP - there is a new plugin called Nintendo Cooking DS. See it here: Cooking Mama

8. hobbes487

hobbes487 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Home Country:
    I have an idea that could make this plugin really neat that I want to throw at you guys before i start any development.

I want to be able to keep track of what ingredients I have in the refrigerator/cupboard and be able to display a list of possible recipes that I can make. The way I see this happening is to have a barcode scanner that you would use to scan all of your groceries as you buy them. This would populate the ingredients database. For those without barcode scanners, you would be able to manually enter ingredients. When you use an ingredient you can rescan it for removal. So with the constantly updated ingredients database, you can choose to look up only recipes that you have the ingredients for, or are only missing one or two.

Would anyone be interested in having this sort of thing added to MP?
    Is anyone else working on the MyRecipes plugin currently? If not, I think I will either use the current one as a starting point or possible do a rewrite of the whole thing.

9. mzemina
    • Premium Supporter

Project Manager
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Home Country:
    Well, as you can probably tell. I would just like it updated (at the very least) so it can be used with version 0.2.1.0

My feature requests (and dreams) are located in earlier posts.

Regarding the bar-code feature to track your groceries? If you think that your wife would (assuming you are married) use it, I'd say go for it. I doubt I could get my wife to use it.

10. hobbes487

hobbes487 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Home Country:
    Well, I'm the chef in my family and being the geek that I am, I would definately use it. :D

11. hobbes487

hobbes487 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Home Country:
    So, I have been doing a complete rewrite of a Recipes plugin and I have an alpha version available. If you would like to test it out, you can download it here: http://www.htpcsw.com/MyKitchen.zip

So far you can import Meal Master format recipes and browse for them by category in MP. Please keep in mind this is an alpha version and there is still a lot to do.

I have some questions for those who would use this plugin. What is the most prefered method of adding recipes to the database? Meal Master files, manual entry, some other format? I realize Meal Master can be a little cumbersome and I would be happy manually entering my recipes as they are all in cookbooks. Let me know what you guys think.

items planned:
    -ingredient tracking (what you have in the fridge/cupboard)
    -available recipes (based on current ingredients)
    -manual recipe entry
    -weekly recipe planning
    -shopping list of needed ingredients for weekly recipes plan
    -improve the skin (ideas about how to improve are apreciated)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!