My ShowTimes V1.1.0 Release April 28/07 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

G.B. Wolf

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 22, 2007
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Right now I'm having another problem: I tried to start again with a fresh install of the plugin to hunt down the problems better, but now it doesn't find any theaters. Is there perhaps a problem with fetching the online data?

The log says:
    Code:
    2007-05-29 17:34:00.187500 [Debug][11]: GetTheaters() entered
    2007-05-29 17:34:00.187500 [Debug][11]: Number of theaters found = 1

Best regards
    G.B.

PS: I'm using the 4.3.0 version of mtsa.exe

Edit: As I cannot get any information from http://www.cinema.de/kinoprogramm it seems that the website is just broken.

mpfrank

Portal Pro
    November 6, 2006
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Right now I'm having another problem: I tried to start again with a fresh install of the plugin to hunt down the problems better, but now it doesn't find any theaters. Is there perhaps a problem with fetching the online data?

The log says:
    Code:

Best regards
    G.B.

Edit: As I cannot get any information from http://www.cinema.de/kinoprogramm it seems that the website is just broken.

Hi GB Wolf,

I got the same problem today without touching the plugin nor the configuration.
    After starting MP I mentioned that the showtimes grabbers seems to be looping because I got every minute the message that download is completed for "0" days.

After checking the config of the plugin I tried to refresh the theater list. Nothing found anymore :(
    I tried with command line options of mtsa.exe too with same result.
    IMHO its not a problem of the plugin...

I disabled the plugin not to loop all the time and will check again within next days....

Regards
    mpFrank

falkyre

Portal Pro
    March 20, 2006
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Does the same problem happen with the previous version of mtsa.exe? Is it possible that the site that it's pulling the data from has changed it's format?

Sean

The log says:
    Code:

Best regards
    G.B.

Hi GB Wolf,

I got the same problem today without touching the plugin nor the configuration.
    After starting MP I mentioned that the showtimes grabbers seems to be looping because I got every minute the message that download is completed for "0" days.

After checking the config of the plugin I tried to refresh the theater list. Nothing found anymore :(
    I tried with command line options of mtsa.exe too with same result.
    IMHO its not a problem of the plugin...

I disabled the plugin not to loop all the time and will check again within next days....

Regards
    mpFrank

mpfrank

Portal Pro
    November 6, 2006
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Does the same problem happen with the previous version of mtsa.exe? Is it possible that the site that it's pulling the data from has changed it's format?

Sean

For me its working again. With new and older mtsa.exe. I think there was a temporary problem with the internet site providing the data for mtsa.exe.

I now get all theaters from my city again and can download the data as configured.

Regards
    mpFrank

G.B. Wolf

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 22, 2007
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    All fine here now. As I stated before: the problem was the website which delivers the data. Perhaps it'd be usefull to have there a little check so that he won't get into an infinite loop. Something like:

Code:
    if (website_is_delivering_data) {
      performUpdate();
    }
    else {
      showHint('Website down!');
    }

Best regards
    G.B.

mpfrank

Portal Pro
    November 6, 2006
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Perhaps it'd be usefull to have there a little check so that he won't get into an infinite loop. Something like:

Code:
    if (website_is_delivering_data) {
      performUpdate();
    }
    else {
      showHint('Website down!');
    }

Best regards
    G.B.

Good idea G.B. Wolf!!

I don't know if this has to be done by mtsa.exe or if it is possible by the plugin too.

Cheers
    mpFrank

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    falkyre (aka Sean) - On my version of ShowTimes I have no description/plot (just displays NA) - I can watch the trailer. Any additional work being planned for ths great plugin?

Mike

falkyre

Portal Pro
    March 20, 2006
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi Mike,

I haven't been doing much in the way of development at all, more focusing on building (or rebuilding) my main MP system. Does the NA happen for all movies? What version of the mtsa.exe are you using? What do the logs show?

Sean

falkyre (aka Sean) - On my version of ShowTimes I have no description/plot (just displays NA) - I can watch the trailer. Any additional work being planned for ths great plugin?

Mike

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi Mike,

I haven't been doing much in the way of development at all, more focusing on building (or rebuilding) my main MP system. Does the NA happen for all movies? What version of the mtsa.exe are you using? What do the logs show?

Sean

The version of MTSA is listed in the log as MovieTimesVBNET - Stand Alone (4.2.4)

the NA shows up for every movie. Also I see that NA is shown for the genre on every movie also.

The log is attached.

falkyre

Portal Pro
    March 20, 2006
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Mike,

Try the newest version on Jim's website (4.3.1). There was some fixes he put in for the IMDB stuff (that's the NAs). If that doesn't work, then the IMDB scrape might be broken. Is any data in the xml's for the movies?

Sean
    [/QUOTE]

The version of MTSA is listed in the log as MovieTimesVBNET - Stand Alone (4.2.4)

the NA shows up for every movie. Also I see that NA is shown for the genre on every movie also.

The log is attached.[/QUOTE]

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom