My ShowTimes V1.1.0 Release April 28/07 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Mike,

Try the newest version on Jim's website (4.3.1). There was some fixes he put in for the IMDB stuff (that's the NAs). If that doesn't work, then the IMDB scrape might be broken. Is any data in the xml's for the movies?

Sean

That was it - :D

mickyblue

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2005
    Brisbane Australia
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    session times not appearing

hi there im in the middle of trying to update the Core skin for this plugin and am having problems showing the actual session times, after selecting a movie then pressing "get show times" then selecting a cinema and day i get taken back to the sceen with the movie poster and plot etc. the cinema selected appears but no movie times.

even when using the default bluetwo and MePo skin i get the same behavour

i have check the moviedata.xml and the session times have been downloaded fine.

does anyone know what would be causing this, is there a current problem with this plugin?

MB

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi all,
    Thought i'd post this here (it was also in the Core skin thread - but was a bit off topic)...

The times don't show for me either
    The Votes line reads :- Votes: .dvd-review- etc etc... sometimes
    The movie description scroll is too high by about 2 lines (it runs into votes line)
    Big icons view not scrolling when cursor at extreme right (the focus drops to the page 1/3 buttons, bottom right then you have to go back up)
    Can you add movie name somewhere - Some movie posters don't show the name
    Also how to add another cinema that is a little further away? (there are 2 main cinemas - 1 near me, 1 in the next town - I live on the border :) )

mickyblue

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2005
    Brisbane Australia
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    would one of the developers of this plugin be so kind as to tell me what code in the default bluetwo skin xml file relates to the location of the session times, i can move the theatre name fine with the following code

<control>
    <type>fadelabel</type>
    <description>Theater</description>
    <id>44</id>
    <posX>26</posX>
    <posY>500</posY>
    <label>#theater</label>
    <disabledcolor>ff808080</disabledcolor>
    <width>255</width>
    <font>font14</font>
    <align>left</align>
    <visible>no</visible>
    </control>

but i cannot see what define the session time, is this in a different xml or something?

when i use the bluetwo skin with the showtimes.xml for blue two everything works fine, then if i change my default skin to core but leave the defaultbluetwo showtimes.xml i then loose the session times,

however i cannot find reference to this field in the xml to altter the x and y position of this field.

would greatly appreciate someone giving me a clue as to where this is

regards

MB

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    adding theater that doesn't appear in list

I found a problem (at least for me) using the MyShowTimes plugin with the assocated MTSA standalone software needed to create the movie theater and movie lists. My problem is using the plugin and MTSA I could not get all the theaters to appear, but then I noticed that Yahoo also has a problem displaying all the theaters in my area, so I could not include one of my favorites in displaying a list of movies. Specifically here is my problem: Zipcode 74112 is the zipcode for my home, but I could not see the theater "Cinemark at Tulsa" using the plugin.

I found that the MTSA would not retrieve that theater in the list of theaters. When I when to movies.Yahoo.com site I could get to the "Cinemark at Tulsa" but it would not appear in the list of theaters in my area. Then after having an email conversation with the author of the MTSA standalone sofware he informed me: "It’s a problem with Yahoo – it doesn’t recognize that theater you are interested in within your zipcode. It’s a problem with Yahoo. However, Yahoo picks up that theater in another zip code for some reason. If it really bothers you, I would just send an e-mail to Yahoo explaining their mistake. That theater should come up under your zip code."

So what I needed to do was to manually edit the locations.xml file instead of going to the ShowTimes Grabber process plugin configuration. Originally I thought that just manually adding a theater that doesn't appear in the Theater Selection list (from the GUI ShowTimes Setup) would work:

Code:
    <Locations>74112</Locations>

<Active>AMC Southroads 20|Hollywood - Promenade Palace 12|Cinemark at Tulsa</Active>

But that did not fix it. I needed to change the locations.xml file to also add a second zipcode plus add the extra theater:

Code:
    <Locations>74112|74066</Locations>

<Active>AMC Southroads 20|Hollywood - Promenade Palace 12|Cinemark at Tulsa</Active>

That then worked - adding a second zipcode was the workaround and the plugin now allows all the movies from all the theaters to appear in the plugin.

Bresy

Portal Member
    October 3, 2007
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    I cannot get get this to work please help. No Matter what postcode I enter or city I get nothing found !!!!! Trying to get cinema in the uk....

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom