My small contribution I call - StreamTV (1 Viewer)

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Oh man thanx for the explanation, I was just stupid :)
This didn't work
http://192.168.1.10:12345/Tvserver/ChannelList.rss

But this did
http://192.168.1.10:12345/TvServer/ChannelList.rss

Notice the capitol S in TvServer. I knew URLs are case sensitive but I thought I had copy pasted it from start post. In fact I think I did, maybe you want to adjust that in the starting post.

Besides that the installer problem I had was because I had not noticed that the installer automagically pastes "/MediaPortal TVServer" (or something like that) to the end of the path you have selected so that's why it got installed in that location.

:D again for the help, seems to work now. Well shouldn't be jumping to conclusions but at least I see a list :)

Valk

Portal Pro
February 25, 2006
Home Country
Australia Australia
Didn't notice the first post was wrong, thanks for that (fixed now).

That said I thought I made it not case sensitive anymore, alwell more to look into.

I have most the problems ironed out now (only one major bug left) so it should work for most people. Though if anyone is having trouble post something so I can fix bugs.

The latest version seems to be doing well no major problems mentioned yet :).

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Well if you're looking for something todo :)
I would love a flash player to view the streams from!
If you're looking for something, I have used this one before, looks nice;
Flowplayer - Flash Video Player for the Web

Also seen this used from time to time but not too sure what the ups/downs are compared to the above
JW FLV Media Player | LongTail Video | Home of the JW Player

p.s.
I got it working pretty nicely. :D again for the awesome plug!

-------EDIT-----

Oh and another feature which would be nice is password protection ;)
I don't want everybody to start viewing my streams

------EDIT2-----

As a former webdev I know quite a lot about flash and other webrelated languages and stuff. So if you need any help with implementing a flash player (if you even consider doing that :)) you can always PM me!

Valk

Portal Pro
February 25, 2006
Home Country
Australia Australia
If you wish to contribute to StreamTv your more then welcome to. Currently I need a template for a html channel listing and another page for channel playback.

If your interested in doing that i'll try and figure out how to transcode to flv / mp4 for the flash player.

Having a flash player is on my to-do list just not high up there since my main reason for starting the project was to stream live Tv to my PS3.

Password protection shouldn't be to big a jump since the HTTP server backend I use already supports authentication, i'll look into it. Good suggestion.

If your up for the task PM me and i'll do a little research.

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    If I open any link, like
    Code:
    http://localhost:8080/TvServer/TimeShift.m2ts?ChannelId=6
    in VLC, the TV Server crashes.

I have the same problem using fresh install of MP 1.1.0 Beta 1 and StreamTV2 v1.4.01.
    I can access the RSS list without any trouble. I then launch VLC 1.0.1 and try to open network stream. I can see in MP Manual Control that the channel gets timeshifted twice (?). Then I get video and audio in VLC for about 1-2 seconds and then the TV Server crash. Seems to crash right after the second timeshift is closed.

Code:
    2009-09-17 16:56:06.124645 [11]: tvcard:FreeSubChannel: subchannels count 2 subch#1 keep graph=False
    2009-09-17 16:56:06.126598 [11]: DVB subch:1 Decompose()
    2009-09-17 16:56:06.144175 [11]: FreeSubChannel CA: freeing sub channel : 1
    2009-09-17 16:56:06.147104 [11]: user:365304c7-915c-4e84-8eb2-d431047cdce5 remove
    2009-09-17 16:56:06.506456 [11]: Tvservice stopped due to a app domain exception System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at StreamTv2.SmallWebServer.ProcessClient(HttpListenerContext context)
       at StreamTv2.SmallWebServer.ConnectionRecieved(IAsyncResult ar)
       at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.Complete(IntPtr userToken)
       at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.ProtectedInvokeCallback(Object result, IntPtr userToken)
       at System.Net.ListenerAsyncResult.WaitCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* nativeOverlapped)
       at System.Threading._IOCompletionCallback.PerformIOCompletionCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* pOVERLAP)

Attachments

• DoubleStreamTV.png
      DoubleStreamTV.png
      63.8 KB

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Update: I uninstalled StreamTV 1.4.01 and manually installed StreamTV 1.3.0 and it works fine with MP 1.1.0 Beta1.

Valk

Portal Pro
    February 25, 2006
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hmm not sure the reason for the null ref. excpection. I have to do a review to check for causes that I've missed (seems to be a few). As for multiple instances listed don't worry about it they won't cause any harm or lock out a tv card.

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hey Valk
    I did some more troubleshooting and found out when it happens. It's when not using the default port of 8080. I tried port 9980 and 19980 and that's when the TV-server crash. Changed back to 8080 and now it works fine again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom