My TVSeries still identifies shows as NEW after all episodes watched (2 Viewers)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    BUG: Series still shows NEW tag when it contains no recently added unwatched episodes.
    Situation occurs when I don't physically have all the episodes in a series.

TVServer Settings
    - Download episode information for whole series = yes
    - Show all episodes in local database = yes
    - Count episodes that have no airdate or air in the future = no
    - NEW Tag: Recently added unwatched episodes, 7 days

Run MP 1.2.3 , Avalon skin, 2nd version of updated mytvseries.dll
    Navigate to BBC Horizon, a series with a total of 1117 episodes, I only have 2 of these episodes.
    Widebanners view it has the "NEW" tag
    List view unwatched episodes = 1115
    I have 2 episodes on the harddrive, both are recent, one is watched one is unwatched.
    Toggle watched on the unwatched episode, so all the recent episodes from the series are now watched.
    Navigate back to list view, unwatched episodes = 1114
    Widebanner view, it still has the "NEW" tag despite not having any recently added unwatched episodes.
    Close MP
    Log attached

This however does work:

Navigate to Wonders of the solar system, a series with a total of 6 episodes, I have all 6 episodes, all are unwatched.
    Widebanners view has "NEW" tag
    Listview, unwatched episodes = 6
    Toggle watched on all episodes individually
    Widebanners view nolonger has "NEW" tag.

My Conclusion:

Tv series seems to place the new tag if a series contains recent episodes and the series contains unwatched episodes. These unwatched episodes can be local files or they can be for episodes that you don't physicaly have. Instead it should place new tag if a series contains recent episodes and at least one of those recent episodes are unwatched.

Last edited:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    My Conclusion:

Tv series seems to place the new tag if a series contains recent episodes and the series contains unwatched episodes. These unwatched episodes can be local files or they can be for episodes that you don't physicaly have. Instead it should place new tag if a series contains recent episodes and at least one of those recent episodes are unwatched.
    That's right, its only going to remove the NEW tag if Unwatched count equals Zero. That's the way its designed anyway, remember its not common to always Show All Episodes. Its also quite common that most of those episodes in the past would of been watched.

That new tag for your option is based on two conditions, series has new episodes and series has unwatched episodes which that satisfies in your current conditions. To be able to cater for you I would need to store a count of episodes that are unwatched and not local. Currently the Unwatched/Total counts are based on two options primarily (Show All Episodes and Show Hidden Episodes).

I may look at storing the HasRecentEpisodes differently so that the condition for unwatched is included in that as well, it will solve your issue.

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    That's right, its only going to remove the NEW tag if Unwatched count equals Zero. That's the way its designed anyway, remember its not common to always Show All Episodes.

I guess I'm a rarity. I like to show all episodes to easily see if I'm missing an episode and also quickly and easily see when new episodes/seasons are aired that I can download.

Its also quite common that most of those episodes in the past would of been watched.

I can think of a situation. You have a special episode eg. Making of documentary that that is very old and unwatched. This would mean that recently added episodes would make the series tagged as new even after the recently added episodes have been watched.

To be able to cater for you I would need to store a count of episodes that are unwatched and not local. Currently the Unwatched/Total counts are based on two options primarily (Show All Episodes and Show Hidden Episodes). I may look at storing the HasRecentEpisodes differently so that the condition for unwatched is included in that as well, it will solve your issue.

Last edited:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Its also quite common that most of those episodes in the past would of been watched.

I can think of a situation. You have a special episode eg. Making of documentary that that is very old and unwatched. This would mean that recently added episodes would make the series tagged as new even after the recently added episodes have been watched.
    True, but only for X number of days ;)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    True, but every time you added an episode to that season it would happen for X number of days, and if you added a weekly episode, then it would always show as new, regardless of the watched status of the recent episode.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    So I guess you are looking for a way to have the X days go towards airdate and not date-added then?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    So I guess you are looking for a way to have the X days go towards airdate and not date-added then?

Nope, still talking about date added. We are discussing the current logic vs my proposed but currently not possible without further changes.

Current Logic
    New if season contains recently added episode and season contains unwatched episode.

Proposed Logic
    New if season contains recently added episode, and that recently added episode is unwatched.

Last edited:

umlaut

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 20, 2008
    Kumla
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    That's right, its only going to remove the NEW tag if Unwatched count equals Zero. That's the way its designed anyway, remember its not common to always Show All Episodes.

I guess I'm a rarity. I like to show all episodes to easily see if I'm missing an episode and also quickly and easily see when new episodes/seasons are aired that I can download.

I don't know how rare this is but there are at least two people with this setting for exactly the same reason :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom