My Usenet (1 Viewer)

diskjunky

Portal Member
February 12, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
No I was using the Nova 0.3.2 skin. Ive changed it back to the original and all is working now. Thanks alot :)

f4ion1

March 30, 2007
I saw it posted on the 1st page of the thread and skimmed over the rest but didn't see anything but....

Any plans to integrate nzbplayer?
http://www.nzbplayer.com/

I can't imagine how great it would be to be able to search usenet from the couch and instantly start watching!!!!!

PS. Thanks for all the work.

jburnette

Portal Pro
August 24, 2006
Kentucky
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'll definitely look into it. I'm guessing the easiest way to implement that would be to just launch nzbplayer with teh chosen NZB (or give the option of "Watch Now"). I've quickly looked at the site but can't find anything about controlling via a remote. Any idea how you would control the playback?

ykamchi

June 23, 2006
Hi,

I have problems with the usenet plugin. I cannot see the results (while it looks like it contains 2 records). Please see the attached jpg.

See the "Spiderman.jpg"

Thx,
Yohay

f4ion1

March 30, 2007
I'll definitely look into it. I'm guessing the easiest way to implement that would be to just launch nzbplayer with teh chosen NZB (or give the option of "Watch Now"). I've quickly looked at the site but can't find anything about controlling via a remote. Any idea how you would control the playback?

I looked in to it a little further. NZBPlayer itself uses an integrated version of VLC(Not sure if it will except IR commands?). It also has an option to kick the file over to an external player. I tried sending it to Windows Media Player but it gave an error "file currently in use". Next I tried sending it to the full VLC and it gave an error saying the AVI file was broken would you like to repair.

I'll see what I can come up with.

jburnette

Portal Pro
August 24, 2006
Kentucky
Home Country
Hi,

I have problems with the usenet plugin. I cannot see the results (while it looks like it contains 2 records). Please see the attached jpg.

See the "Spiderman.jpg"

Thx,
Yohay

Looks like you're having the same problems as earlier on. Make sure you set, for the time being at least, Newzbin to v3 attr in table. You should probably also do as diskjunky said and try the new version I attached to the last page and post logs if it still isn't working. If you're using a different Newzbin layout or a different SABnzbd skin, let me know which one and I'll most likely add support for it in the next actual release.

I looked in to it a little further. NZBPlayer itself uses an integrated version of VLC(Not sure if it will except IR commands?). It also has an option to kick the file over to an external player. I tried sending it to Windows Media Player but it gave an error "file currently in use". Next I tried sending it to the full VLC and it gave an error saying the AVI file was broken would you like to repair.

I'll see what I can come up with.

It seems like it's working in reverse of what we need. We need to be able to control the passing of the video to VLC so that it would work with the VLC player plugin for MediaPortal (or even mplayer). It still may be possible, but I'm not really sure how at this point. I'm hoping that we may see RAR streaming in MP2, so that may negate the need for NZBPlayer.

In the meantime I can definitely add it as an option for the grabber and have it launch in fullscreen. That would kind of be a dirty hack but at least you would have some functionality with it.

Avigrace

Portal Pro
December 13, 2005
Home Country
England England
Great Plugin!

Pretty new to it, installed it last night and got it working with altbinz and nzbmatrix/newzbin.

Is there a way I can have different categories to download to different folders? At the moment altbinz will download to a single folder and then when downloaded I have to comeout of mediaportal and move the files to their correct location. Movies, TV Shows and Music are obviously in different folders but downloads are all sent to the same one.

Could I have multiple instances of the plugin and multiple installs of altbinz or even a different client as a workaround perhaps?

Again great work and apologies if I missed something basic.

jburnette

Portal Pro
August 24, 2006
Kentucky
Home Country
Great Plugin!

Pretty new to it, installed it last night and got it working with altbinz and nzbmatrix/newzbin.

Is there a way I can have different categories to download to different folders? At the moment altbinz will download to a single folder and then when downloaded I have to comeout of mediaportal and move the files to their correct location. Movies, TV Shows and Music are obviously in different folders but downloads are all sent to the same one.

Could I have multiple instances of the plugin and multiple installs of altbinz or even a different client as a workaround perhaps?

Again great work and apologies if I missed something basic.

Thanks, glad you are liking it. One of the things that is going into the next version is "profiles". Basically, you can set up multiple profiles (ie TV, Music, Movies, etc) each with a different download directory. Then you'll be able to switch your profile on the fly, select an nzb and it will download to that specific directory.

Is that what you needed?

Avigrace

Portal Pro
December 13, 2005
Home Country
England England
Perhaps, would I then use different usenet clients to monitor each of the folders with each client having a different default download folder?
Seems an overhead having multiple usenet clients running but then I guess the limitation is with the clients and not your plugin, unless someone knows of a client that can monitor multiple folders and output to different folders?

happy to hear work is ongoing though, my dream of total lazyness maybe can be realised ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom