My Usenet (1 Viewer)

hifire

Portal Member
July 28, 2007
I'll add support for other listing styles if people will post what style they are using.

I use the "Cypher (Attrs in Popup)" listing style. Support for that would be neat.

diskjunky

Portal Member
February 12, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Im not sure if its something ive done wrong but i cant seem to get the sabnzb status to display, it just says no connection even though i know the download is working. I've only just started using sabnzb so its probable that ive not set something up properly. I am using sabnzbdplus version 0.2.7 from here http://sourceforge.net/projects/sabnzbdplus/ . Any help would be appreciated.

jburnette

Portal Pro
August 24, 2006
Kentucky
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Have you configured SABnzbd to allow connections on port 1199? I see that's the port you entered and it's not the default SABnzbd port, so be sure you've set that in SAB's config as well. Other than that, it could be a lot of different things causing the timeout. First, though, I would check that.

diskjunky

Portal Member
February 12, 2007
Home Country
Yeah its set to listen on port 1199 i changed it because for some reason i couldnt access the webpage for sabnzb on port 8080.

diskjunky

Portal Member
February 12, 2007
Home Country
Hi there, i was wondering if there is a file i can edit to move the position of the file info (size, video genre etc) in the xface skin because whilst you're playing music the album art etc covers this area. Its not a major problem it just gets a bit annoying when you have to stop the music to see how big the file is. Other than that this plugin is great and ive found no other problems since you fixed newzbin search.

jburnette

Portal Pro
August 24, 2006
Kentucky
Home Country
diskjunky, is SAB working for you now?

I actually had moved the preview window to the empty space below the buttons on the left, but didn't include that version in the rar because it wasn't done yet. The easiest thing to do is to open up the myusenet.xml in the xface skin directory and change the field at the top named "allowoverlay" to false. When I get home from work I'll post another version that has that preview moved as well.

diskjunky

Portal Member
February 12, 2007
Home Country
Thanks for the info i've changed it and its fine now. SAB still says no connection but still adds items to the queue so its not a big deal, I've just set my home page in the web plugin to the SAB web page. Would it be possible to add the web info link (imdb, etc) for the movies and tv series, I think this would be quite useful, maybe as an option under the conext menu? Also the comments posted on the newzbin site may be useful for determining the quality of the download although this would probably involve supporting a differnet layout (cypher??).

Anyway keep up the good work mate this is probably my most used plugin.

Thanks

jburnette

Portal Pro
August 24, 2006
Kentucky
Home Country
Are you using the default skin for sabnzbd, or a different one? That would cause your error in parsing/connecting. I'm still not 100% sure what's causing your connection problems, but I'm working on adding better logging to the entire plugin (I learned my lesson with the Newzbin bug) to make solving problems like that easier. I've thought about adding a hook into MediaPortal's existing IMDB lookup function but just never implemented it. Adding the comments wouldn't be too difficult but they would have to be fetched on an individual basis. I could add a "Comments" flag to each item that has comments and then you could view them if you wanted.

Thanks for the good suggestions, keep them coming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom