MY Videos rework for MP 1.3.0 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well, looks like I have to buy a complete brewery for Deda and ysmp, but let´s start with this one :D

beer.jpg beer.jpg

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Hi, Deda, thank you for your work, i try tonight for import nfo,
    i think you have forgot section for nfo

- all iD possible = IMDB/ (Allociné / cine-passion for french user), TMDB

Those fields doesn't exists in MP database so there is no use of them currently.
    Main problem with importer in MP is that this is useless work because if something change in external source it will not work until new version of MP.

For now I can adapt part of xml strucuture from other sources and make it MP official but after that's it (good for clients and as backup without need to scrape all over again) , so the best way for those things will be plugin which can be changed anytime.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Question :
    1- MP uses only the sections that he needs? Because i use XBNE
    2- When you update info , MP rewritte all section on nfo, or only section modified ?
    3- Do you think that MP may use the information without necessarily importing them into the database?
    like using the information independently, as the examples such that I sent you. as xbmc ...

i know the new "My Video" won't publish now. but is a great evolution for not use "MyFilm" or "MovingPicture" for beginner, and less spécific configuration.
    and a good backup for restore

Congratulations again for your work
    I use Google translation to better understand me! :cry:

Thx

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Question :
    1- MP uses only the sections that he needs? Because i use XBNE
    True, but as I examined your sample XMLs there is many things missing there which MP now can use.
    2- When you update info , MP rewritte all section on nfo, or only section modified ?
    All
    3- Do you think that MP may use the information without necessarily importing them into the database?
    like using the information independently, as the examples such that I sent you. as xbmc ...
    Currently MP can't do that, only in share view nfo (ie recordings xml to show recordings info) can be read, database views (Title, genre...) 100% depends on MP database

i know the new "My Video" won't publish now. but is a great evolution for not use "MyFilm" or "MovingPicture" for beginner, and less spécific configuration.
    and a good backup for restore

Basically, it's just a light version of those plugins and more oriented to IMDB web page as data resources. It can use other scrapers but currently only IMDB (EN) scraper works, the rest are out of time and I can't manage them (and it's not so easy to understand/create them as they are pure C# code compiled on movie scan).

My goal is not to beat competition with MyVideos (and it can't) but just to make it workable and easy to use from GUI without need to shut down MP to do something after initial setup and also to improve share view with more info as it is now.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    thank you for your answers Deda !

For me, one of the next evolution would support the view NFO in sharing, but this is purely a personal commitment! but it is a dream

I do not want a fight between the various plugins (or you), just that MP can provide a great feature from the beginning, for the common man

and on this field, I'm in a good review, but I unfortunately can not help!

Support for the scrapers, I trusted the team FR for updates

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Btw, what came on my mind when we talk about nfos, I can create nfo scrapers (just like normal MP scraper) which will do exactly the same thing and those scrapers can be updated anytime without need to wait MP release and like that other catalog programs can do a scrape and save nfos and we can import all in MP very very fast. I did sometimes ago one for EMM and it worked well but with some minor workaround to avoid 1st pass of comparing results.

All I need is a nfo template (like one you post) and some samples and to do small changes in MP.

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    New download link updated. HF :)

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi, Deda
    i've tried the last svn, and is great !!!!all work nfo import, poster and fanart !
    juste one prob, i must uncheck - check support fanart in Myvideos in FAnart handler, for work (only the first time)

i must try with more movies !
    For nfo sample, i must view what i can make for you, i have a lot of nfo but i don't know if are complete.

For info : i don't use MP scrapers only XbNe, or EMM

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread