MyDreambox and VLC (1 Viewer)

David66

Portal Pro
June 18, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Morph: Try the attached DLL.

I think that I have the capitals as well, but can't gaurantee it;) Btw, what language is that (for the docs...)

If it works as expected let me know, and I'll update the Plugin.

java.lang

Portal Member
February 1, 2007
Hi to all and Hi@David,
I've discovered your very useful plugin, thankyou for this nice work. :D

Because MediaPortal didn't support the "Dreambox-feature" until now, I started some months ago with a similar project to connect VLC with a DM7000S, but not with use of MediaPortal, I did my own GUI mainly with VB.NET environment. I gave up this project though the VLC-Dreambox connection was successful running, but I was missing too much other features MediaPortal has.

So Im very glad, I can use MediaPortal again with the Dreambox-Plugin, but I'd like to add some features, for example to support an easier channel switching, i.e. with the numeric buttons or CH-UP/DN buttons. Another useful feature for me is to display the channel Nr. and so on.

In the meantime I've compiled the MP and tried to integrate the source fragements coming from the plugin, but there is a important object (or assembly?) missing: "Dreambox". I've searched in the svn repository starting at https://mp-plugins.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/mp-plugins/trunk/ , but could not identify the sources.

I've integrated "MyDreamBox" in the WindowsPlugins-section, "ExternalDreamBox" in the ProcessPlugins-section and "VLC" in the ExternalPlayers-section, VS2005 compiler complains about the missing namespace requested in some sources: "uses DreamBox;"

EDIT: RESOLVED, it was my fault, I've forgotten to add the subfolder "Dreambox", so the compiler is satisfied and I think the plugin is succesfully created.

Anyway, can you give me a hint, where to find the SVN tree for this plugin?

Best Regards and thx again for this work,
java.lang

_Morph_

Portal Member
September 2, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
I am not a programmer, but i`m so glad people with these skills want to update this great plugin!!:) list

Make recordings from epg / channel swiching from epg is on my top wish list:D

Keep up the good work guys!

David66

Portal Pro
June 18, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi Java.Long,

Well you couldnt find them in svn, because they're not in there. They are in the MyDreambox.zip though.

The work is not mine, but that of GaryW. Since he kind of disapeared, I recompiled it with a few minor bugfixes, and re-released it so that other Dreambox owners could use it again...

Feel free to improve!

java.lang

Portal Member
February 1, 2007
@David

sorry for asking again,

can you in short explain how to make the VideoLAN.dll?

I've compiled this dll from your sources, but "my dll" won't be accepted as an regulary MP-Player-Plugin.

As far I've seen, the PlayerFactory searches in the external player directory and collects all assemblies which has an Object inherited from IExternalPlayer. But in your code I can't see such a declaration. But your provided dll has such an object inside.

EDIT: can you send the missing files referenced in the vsproj: "VideoLanPlugin.cs" and "VideoLanControl.cs" ?

Thanks a lot,
java.lang

David66

Portal Pro
June 18, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Java.Long,

Don't have much time, but here are the two files.

java.lang

Portal Member
February 1, 2007
please give me another chance

David66

sorry, its me again, I tried to reconstruct all files to build a running version (talking about videolan.dll), but there seems to be a serios version mismatch.
At least I'm able to produce a dll (had to comment out some methods like snapshot, recording etc.) which can be started, but in runtime there is no video output. As far I could debug, the native dll is connected and successfully triggered (Window-handle, Playlist and Play()-call is OK) but as I mentioned, not playing the stream.

Please be so kind, hope not disturbing too much, can you send and zip the complete set of files of your project to generate the VideoLan.dll? Btw I tried to get the files from GaryW, but all links are dead. Do you still have these files?

King regards,
java.lang

PS: My Project structure at the moment is :
ConfigurationForm.cs
InnerVlcWindow.cs+InnerVlcWindow.designer.cs+InnerVlcWindow.resx
IPlayer.cs
NativeLibVlc.cs
VideoLanPlugin.cs
VlcUserControl.cs+UserControl.designer.cs+VlcUserControl.resx (from wki.videolan.org)
VideoLanControl -removed

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom