MyFilms New version v4.0 (1 Viewer)

John68

February 26, 2007
Russian descriptions of films

At once I wish to apologize for bad English...
How to force it a plug-in to display Russian descriptions of films?

zebons

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006
At once I wish to apologize for bad English...
How to force it a plug-in to display Russian descriptions of films?

Which informations are you talking about ? Titles or Descriptions. For Titles you can choose which Title you display as master (Original or Translated Title). For descriptions, that plugin display informations stored in your AMC database so if they are in Russian they'll be display in Russian. So you have to import Russians descriptions with the AMC software in you database.

John68

February 26, 2007
But had in view of name and descriptions film. The Translated name and description of the film are displayed wrong symbol. see Does not correspond to the coding. But in what place I not flood plain. I have translated the interface MP on russian language, using coding UTF-8, all work fine.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks for the great update! I think you added a lot of features.

A couple questions:
    1. Can I specify a supplementary view as the default view?
    2. What is the box beside Ant Sort by Item? Can I tell it Ascending or Descending?

zebons

Portal Pro
    January 2, 2006
    Thanks for the great update! I think you added a lot of features.

A couple questions:
    1. Can I specify a supplementary view as the default view?
    2. What is the box beside Ant Sort by Item? Can I tell it Ascending or Descending?

Hi Dadeo,

First Thanks if you love new enhancements ;-)))
    For your questions :
    1. yes but actually, if found a bug corrected in the new version 4.0.1
    With 4.0 you have to define the default View Item and the corresponding text
    I upload the dll 4.0.1 (beta version for latest SVNs) that you can test ;-)
    2. You can add a supplementary sort view that you can select by clicking on the sort button

zebons

Portal Pro
    January 2, 2006
    But had in view of name and descriptions film. The Translated name and description of the film are displayed wrong symbol. see Does not correspond to the coding. But in what place I not flood plain. I have translated the interface MP on russian language, using coding UTF-8, all work fine.
    What kind of modifications do you do (on skins ?) ? Can you send me your modifs ?

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Wow!!!! You are amazing!

Thanks for the almost immediate response! Now I can specify my supplementary view as the default view. HURRAY!

I love the new sort button I added as well (to sort by Number). IT EVEN KEEPS MY PREVIOUSLY SELECTED SORT ORDER!!!! Fantastic!

One suggestion for future development - when you create a supplementary view, can you have it include parameters? For example: Media Type = DVD to display any movies that are on DVDs; OR Number > 300; OR Subtitles = English. I just thought it would add a lot of functionality to users views.

Thanks again for your great work. I LOVE MY FILMS!

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    P.S. Regarding my previous post, I realize you can specify parameters for views like I have suggested. But at present they affect ALL views. My suggestion is that they apply to a specific view, i.e. different parameters for each view.

John68

February 26, 2007
    I have solved a problem with display of Russian descriptions of films. After export from AMC it is necessary to change beginning XML of a file of a database here thus:
    <? xml version = " 1.0" encoding = "WINDOWS-1251"?>
    <strings>
    <characters> 1250 </characters>

And all is perfectly displayed in MP...

rpm

Portal Pro
    November 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Argentina Argentina
    i'm new with this plugin...i like it a lot but a don't understand what a supplementary view is, can anyone guide me?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom