MyFilms New version v4.0 (1 Viewer)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    A supplementary view is basically an additional view you can create in the Plugin Configuration. It then appears in the list of views when you go to Switch view in Mediaportal. Or, you can configure the plugin to make it your default view (in the latest version).

For example, I created a view based on the Checked field, which I use for Watched/Unwatched movies. But you could create a view based on any field in the ANT database, like list your movies by media type or media label or director!

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    A supplementary view is basically an additional view you can create in the Plugin Configuration. It then appears in the list of views when you go to Switch view in Mediaportal. Or, you can configure the plugin to make it your default view (in the latest version).

For example, I created a view based on the Checked field, which I use for Watched/Unwatched movies. But you could create a view based on any field in the ANT database, like list your movies by media type or media label or director!

MC_Ita

Portal Member
    January 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Using a "Ant Supplementary View" as "Default View"

Hi, i've defined a "Ant Supplementary View" using the "Subtitles" ant field and i named it "Iniziale"; then i defined the default view setting "Subtitles" from the list box and same name "Iniziale" in the description field.

When i enter the plugin in mediaportal it sets the view as "Iniziale" but there are no films in list; the films show after a "esc" keystroke.

Attacched the configuration and mediaportal image when enter myfilm and after the "esc" key.

I'm using version 4.0 on a stable MP 0.2.2.0

Thanks and compliments for the good work.

MC_Ita

Portal Member
    January 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    PIN Protection

Hi, a question about security. I need to create 2 section: a normal section and a protected section where put movies that are not children-safe. Is it possible ? Thanks a lot.

zebons

Portal Pro
    January 2, 2006
    MC_Ita
    Try to suppress the 'iniziale' value in the section Ant Default View, i think it'll work better.
    With your entries, the default view is : movies where Subtitles = 'Iniziale' and as you have put the first letter of your titles movies in the subtitles's field, there are nothing to display...

When you press esc, you return to the previous screen and display movies sorted by subtitles...

So put only Subtitles in the first item of the Ant Default View and leave the second fied to blank.

zebons

Portal Pro
    January 2, 2006
    Hi, a question about security. I need to create 2 section: a normal section and a protected section where put movies that are not children-safe. Is it possible ? Thanks a lot.
    Actualy there is no security in that plugin. I think it'll be possible to ask for a password when selecting a particular configuration but i don't think it'll be sufficient...

MC_Ita

Portal Member
    January 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    VErsione 4.1 needed ?

Hi, the version 4.0 doesn't permit a void Supplementary View Label field. Could you upload the 4.1 version compiled for 0.2.2.0 release (not svn). Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom