MyFilms New version v4.0 (3 Viewers)

zebons

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006
that all sounds excellent!

I agree, renaming directories to exactly match whatever title field is being used is clearly necessary. One suggestion, which I assume you have already thought of, is in converting a title to a filename or directory name will require SOME preprocessing... i.e. "Terminator 2: Judgment Day" contains ":" which is not a valid filename character in windows. It might be a good idea to replace all runs of invalid/questionable characters with "_" and eliminate them at the beginning/end...so that filename would become "Terminator_2_Judgment_Day" and "What About Bob?" would become "What_About_Bob".

Once again, thanks for a GREAT plugin!
Parker
It's already made and I accept the "_" but also " ", "-" and "." as word separator.....

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I have been unable to get the "Layout" selection (List, Icons, or Big icons) to stick.

If I set it to Big icons in the configuration screen (in MediaPortal Setup) that setting will always revert to "List". If I set it to Big icons using the "Layout" button in My Films, it will always revert to "List" the next time I start MediaPortal ... :(

Funny thing is that I have 2 installs of MediaPortal on separate PCs - on one PC My Films always starts with a layout of "List", on the other PC it always starts with a layout of "Big icons" - and I cannot change either one .... :confused:

I would like the layout to be "Big icons" at startup.

I am using My Films version 4.2.4, with BlueTwo wide on SVN 14775.

zebons

Portal Pro
    January 2, 2006
    I have been unable to get the "Layout" selection (List, Icons, or Big icons) to stick.

If I set it to Big icons in the configuration screen (in MediaPortal Setup) that setting will always revert to "List". If I set it to Big icons using the "Layout" button in My Films, it will always revert to "List" the next time I start MediaPortal ... :(

Funny thing is that I have 2 installs of MediaPortal on separate PCs - on one PC My Films always starts with a layout of "List", on the other PC it always starts with a layout of "Big icons" - and I cannot change either one .... :confused:

I would like the layout to be "Big icons" at startup.

I am using My Films version 4.2.4, with BlueTwo wide on SVN 14775.

The Layout value set in setup is only valid, the first time you enter in that configuration as after the last layout view is re-used. But for saving the last properties used, you have to exit MyFilms by returning to the Home Menu (ESC key). If you close The MP Windows directly, configuration used is not saved....

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    But for saving the last properties used, you have to exit MyFilms by returning to the Home Menu (ESC key). If you close The MP Windows directly, configuration used is not saved....
    That's exactly what I have been doing, but the last setting of "Layout" is never saved.

For example, if I go into My Films, the layout will be Big Icons. If I then change it to List, and then return to the Home menu (via ESC) and then shutdown MediaPortal, the next time I launch MediaPortal and go to My Films, the layout is back to Big Icons ... it hasn't remembered that I changed it to List ... :confused:

Where is this setting for Layout saved - in MyFilms.xml or in MediaPortal.xml?

I have also noticed that if I disable the My Films plugin, delete the "MyFilms.xml" file (so I can start afresh), then re-enable the My Films plugin, all my previous settings are still visible in the My Films Configuration - where is it getting that data from?

Then, when I then delete those settings and configure them again, the "MyFilms.xml" file is not re-created, so the plugin will not work in Mediaportal anymore. Isn't the My Films plugin supposed to create the MyFilms.xml at initial configuration, if one doesn't already exist?

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    After some more testing, I think I have found a weird bug.

I discovered that MyFilms.dll was writing the updated MyFilms.xml file to the "\MediaPortal\MusicPlayer\Plugins\visualisations\Sonique" folder instead of the "\MediaPortal\" folder.

So, whenever I changed the My Films configuration, it was upating the MyFilms.xml file in the Sonique folder, instead of the MyFilms.xml file in the MediaPortal root folder ... :confused: ... Hence the reason that my changes were not being remembered.

Now I am really confused ... how does My Films even know about the Sonique folder? Is My Music resetting the default path?

EDIT:

If I set "Visualisations" to "none" in the Music setup, then My Films works correctly.

However, if I choose a visualisation, then My Films configuration writes its MyFilms.xml file to the visualisation folder, thus hiding it from MediaPortal when I actually use the plugin - that explains why my changes were not being remembered ...

zebons

Portal Pro
    January 2, 2006
    After some more testing, I think I have found a weird bug.

I discovered that MyFilms.dll was writing the updated MyFilms.xml file to the "\MediaPortal\MusicPlayer\Plugins\visualisations\Sonique" folder instead of the "\MediaPortal\" folder.

So, whenever I changed the My Films configuration, it was upating the MyFilms.xml file in the Sonique folder, instead of the MyFilms.xml file in the MediaPortal root folder ... :confused: ... Hence the reason that my changes were not being remembered.

Now I am really confused ... how does My Films even know about the Sonique folder? Is My Music resetting the default path?

EDIT:

If I set "Visualisations" to "none" in the Music setup, then My Films works correctly.

However, if I choose a visualisation, then My Films configuration writes its MyFilms.xml file to the visualisation folder, thus hiding it from MediaPortal when I actually use the plugin - that explains why my changes were not being remembered ...

It'd be corrected in next release...
    I think that the Music Setup change the current Dir and it should bring some problems in other plugins...
    For my plugin, I'll give the complete path to MyFilms.xml file in the future version.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Zebons,

it is not the Music setup, which is changing the path, but the Visualisation itself, like for example SoundSpectrum G-Force or Sonique Vis in this case.
    However you should never rely on the Path being set correctly.

We've therefore introduced in August last year the Config Service Provider, which makes use of directoy locations stored in MediaportalDirs.xml.
    This gives us the chance to change any directory location.
    In your case, you are reading/writing a config file, which should go into the "Config" path set in MediaPortalDirs.xml.

So to address your file you should do:

string myFilmsPath = Config.GetFile(Config.Dir.Config, "MyFilms.xml");

While the method with Application.StartupPath would work as well, this could lead for your file being the only xml file in the MP Root dir, if we probably choose to move all xml files to a subdir named Config for example.

hope this help.

regards,

Helmut

zebons

Portal Pro
    January 2, 2006
    Zebons,

it is not the Music setup, which is changing the path, but the Visualisation itself, like for example SoundSpectrum G-Force or Sonique Vis in this case.
    However you should never rely on the Path being set correctly.

We've therefore introduced in August last year the Config Service Provider, which makes use of directoy locations stored in MediaportalDirs.xml.
    This gives us the chance to change any directory location.
    In your case, you are reading/writing a config file, which should go into the "Config" path set in MediaPortalDirs.xml.

So to address your file you should do:

string myFilmsPath = Config.GetFile(Config.Dir.Config, "MyFilms.xml");

While the method with Application.StartupPath would work as well, this could lead for your file being the only xml file in the MP Root dir, if we probably choose to move all xml files to a subdir named Config for example.

hope this help.

regards,

Helmut
    Thanks but it's already made like that and as I said before integrated in future release....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom